Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tennessee Legislature Expels 2 Members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Tennessee legislature expelled 2 members who took over the legislative floor with bullhorns demanding gun control.  

I think they deserved to be expelled.  I wonder if anyone would disagree with me.  

Anyone?  

Tennessee Republicans expel two Democrats from House over gun control protest (msn.com)
I think a minimum of 5 years in a holding cell without a trial is required.
(04-08-2023, 08:31 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I think a minimum of 5 years in a holding cell without a trial is required.

I'm not sure what you're getting at there, but please don't change the subject prematurely.  I really want to know if anyone would disagree that these people should be expelled.
(04-08-2023, 08:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]The Tennessee legislature expelled 2 members who took over the legislative floor with bullhorns demanding gun control.  

I think they deserved to be expelled.  I wonder if anyone would disagree with me.  

Anyone?  

Tennessee Republicans expel two Democrats from House over gun control protest (msn.com)

They definitely deserved punishment. I don't know if expulsion was the right choice, if it was a first offense.
(04-08-2023, 08:44 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2023, 08:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]The Tennessee legislature expelled 2 members who took over the legislative floor with bullhorns demanding gun control.  

Anyone?  

They definitely deserved punishment. I don't know if expulsion was the right choice, if it was a first offense.

First offense?  You're assuming they didn't know that what they did was wrong?  Or that they should be asked politely not to do it again?
(04-08-2023, 08:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2023, 08:44 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]They definitely deserved punishment. I don't know if expulsion was the right choice, if it was a first offense.

First offense?  You're assuming they didn't know that what they did was wrong?  Or that they should be asked politely not to do it again?

No I'm just suggesting that since it's literally the most extreme measure they can take against a member, perhaps it should be reserved for repeat offenders.

Then again, if it's true that the TN constitution gives the counties authority to just send these two right back, then maybe it's not really a punishment at all and not even worth our time to discuss.
Says the people that are ok with a dude doing 10 years for a meme.
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/164..._xxsA&s=19

Sounds like they really don't like having insurrectionists as State Representatives lolol
(04-08-2023, 11:38 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Says the people that are ok with a dude doing 10 years for a meme.

??
Gun Control!!!

If you lay Any Type of Gun down on an table surrounded by 100 people w/o touching it, how many people will it kill?

I'll Wait.

NH3...
(04-08-2023, 12:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2023, 11:38 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Says the people that are ok with a dude doing 10 years for a meme.

??
Sentenced in the last week or so. Forgot his name but he either made the meme or was the main poster of it. It looked like a real Hillary ad and said to skip the line and text your vote in. It was targeted at black voters or that was claimed in the trial.

A DEM well known person posted the same thing and they weren't charged.

There were 4,000 or so people who texted but they cannot say who was actually trying to vote and not just checking to see what would happen. The # was the Hillary campaign number and as far as I know they responded to everyone that they couldn't text their vote.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
(04-09-2023, 12:12 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2023, 12:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]??
Sentenced in the last week or so. Forgot his name but he either made the meme or was the main poster of it. It looked like a real Hillary ad and said to skip the line and text your vote in. It was targeted at black voters or that was claimed in the trial.

There were 4,000 or so people who texted but they cannot say who was actually trying to vote and not just checking to see what would happen. The # was the Hillary campaign number and as far as I know they responded to everyone that they couldn't text their vote.

We have to get our people out of NY and calif
(04-09-2023, 12:12 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2023, 12:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]??

Sounds like a little more than "just a meme."
Impersonating public officials
Distributing false information about government services
Those are definitely serious crimes.
Now, if a "DEM well known person" also did them and wasn't punished, that would be something.  Names and dates needed.
(04-09-2023, 08:49 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2023, 12:12 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]Sentenced in the last week or so. Forgot his name but he either made the meme or was the main poster of it. It looked like a real Hillary ad and said to skip the line and text your vote in. It was targeted at black voters or that was claimed in the trial.

Sounds like a little more than "just a meme."
Now, if a "DEM well known person" also did them and wasn't punished, that would be something.  Names and dates needed.
A quick search will give it to you. The dems tweet even had her wearing a maga hat.

https://redstate.com/streiff/2023/04/01/...gn-n724810

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(04-09-2023, 01:10 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2023, 08:49 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a little more than "just a meme."
A quick search will give it to you. The dems tweet even had her wearing a maga hat.

It's a crime to write that election day is Wednesday when you know it's Tuesday.  She should be punished.  But the Republican guy had more followers and his lie was more elaborate, so it makes sense for him to be punished more.  Trump's attorneys should have prosecuted both of them. The sentence won't be 10 years.
(04-09-2023, 02:15 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2023, 01:10 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]A quick search will give it to you. The dems tweet even had her wearing a maga hat.

It's a crime to write that election day is Wednesday when you know it's Tuesday.  She should be punished.  But the Republican guy had more followers and his lie was more elaborate, so it makes sense for him to be punished more.  Trump's attorneys should have prosecuted both of them. The sentence won't be 10 years.

Did you just simply overlook that she was also in the middle of running for office?

Seems to me like her punishment should have been more severe.
Step 1: Start with your bias
Step 2: Make an argument that fits your bias
Step 3: Revel in your glory
(04-09-2023, 02:29 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2023, 02:15 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]It's a crime to write that election day is Wednesday when you know it's Tuesday.  She should be punished.  But the Republican guy had more followers and his lie was more elaborate, so it makes sense for him to be punished more.  Trump's attorneys should have prosecuted both of them. The sentence won't be 10 years.

Did you just simply overlook that she was also in the middle of running for office?

The crime was in 2016.  Was she running for office in 2016?
(04-09-2023, 04:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2023, 02:29 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Did you just simply overlook that she was also in the middle of running for office?

The crime was in 2016.  Was she running for office in 2016?

I concede to the fact it was 2016 but the bigger questions remains unanswered..

Why wasn't she charged for election interference? Why is she above the law but not Mackey?
(04-09-2023, 06:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2023, 04:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]The crime was in 2016.  Was she running for office in 2016?

I concede to the fact it was 2016 but the bigger questions remains unanswered..

Why wasn't she charged for election interference? Why is she above the law but not Mackey?

They were both above the law until Biden came into office.  Both should have been charged and fined by Trump's DoJ.  And Biden should be charging both now. There is no hero in this story.
Pages: 1 2