Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: With this latest U.N. recommendation, it's time for the U.S. to get out........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We need to quit funding all those countries that hate the USA anyway. I say kick the UN out and get us out of that USELESS organization....

New UN-backed legal recommendations normalize sex with minors, outraged critics say

'Children may consent to sex with adults. This has been the plan all along,' social media influencer charges

A shocking report issued by international legal experts with the backing of the United Nations appears to open the floodgates to normalize sex with minors. 

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/un-bac...ritics-say
What. In. The. Actual. [BLEEP].
Okay, once again, I am actually reading the article in the link, and what it says is that "certain internationally recognized legal experts" said "Sexual conduct involving persons below the domestically prescribed minimum age of consent to sex may be consensual in fact, if not in law."

And that statement is a fact. 16, 15, and 14 year olds are having consensual sex all over the world. If you have teenage children, they're probably doing it, too.

Fire away.
We don't take advice from the UN regarding sex laws.
The UN is trying to offer advice to all member nations, not just us, and these nations are more diverse and frankly more perverted than most people realize. It is not uncommon for 12 year old girls to marry and bear children with grown men in Yemen and also many other countries. Hopefully Yemen takes the advice, it'll probably do them some good. But we are obviously beyond that level.
(04-17-2023, 01:16 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]We don't take advice from the UN regarding sex laws.
The UN is trying to offer advice to all member nations, not just us, and these nations are more diverse and frankly more perverted than most people realize.  It is not uncommon for 12 year old girls to marry and bear children with grown men in Yemen and also many other countries.  Hopefully Yemen takes the advice, it'll probably do them some good.  But we are obviously beyond that level.

Did you read the article?  The article states that the group who made that statement is not advocating to change any sex laws. They just said that children below the age of consent are having consensual sex.  Which is obvious.  

And they're also saying justice systems need to take multiple factors into account other than whether one of the parties was under-age.  My example of that would be two cases: one involving a 50 year old adult having sex with a 12 year old child, vs an 18 year old having sex with a 17 year old.  Those two cases should be treated differently.
(04-17-2023, 01:16 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, once again, I am actually reading the article in the link, and what it says is that "certain internationally recognized legal experts" said "Sexual conduct involving persons below the domestically prescribed minimum age of consent to sex may be consensual in fact, if not in law."

And that statement is a fact. 16, 15, and 14 year olds are having consensual sex all over the world. If you have teenage children, they're probably doing it, too.

Fire away.

The issue is not with that sentence, but in the one right after it.

"In this context, the enforcement of criminal law should reflect the rights and capacity of persons under 18 years of age to make decisions about engaging in consensual sexual conduct and their right to be heard in matters concerning them."

I read it as; if the sex is agreed to by the minor, regardless of the age of the partner, then enforcement of criminal law would be potentially unnecessary. No victim, no crime.
(04-17-2023, 03:44 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2023, 01:16 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, once again, I am actually reading the article in the link, and what it says is that "certain internationally recognized legal experts" said "Sexual conduct involving persons below the domestically prescribed minimum age of consent to sex may be consensual in fact, if not in law." 

And that statement is a fact.  16, 15, and 14 year olds are having consensual sex all over the world.  If you have teenage children, they're probably doing it, too. 

Fire away.

The issue is not with that sentence, but in the one right after it.

"In this context, the enforcement of criminal law should reflect the rights and capacity of persons under 18 years of age to make decisions about engaging in consensual sexual conduct and their right to be heard in matters concerning them."

I read it as; if the sex is agreed to by the minor, regardless of the age of the partner, then enforcement of criminal law would be potentially unnecessary.  No victim, no crime.

Saying that we should "consider a minor's rights, capacity to make decisions, and allow their voice to be heard" is a long, long way from your "regardless of age... no victim, no crime" interpretation. 

The article also clearly states about the UN report:
It does not actively call for decriminalizing sex between adults and minors.
And that's really the end of the story. ^

However - the article then goes on to list several wildly inaccurate tweets from people misinterpreting the report even more wildly that your own misinterpretation above. 
There are two moving parts here.
Yes, age of consent should be elastic when both people are relatively young. The half your age plus 7 rule, for instance.
Yes, even if it is always criminal for an 18 year old to be sexual with a 12 year old, we should take testimony from the 12 year old, and punish the 18 year old more or less severely based on the 12 year old's testimony.
I just don't understand the whole concept of wanting young or younger.. I always wanted older. When I was in middle school, I wanted a high school chick, When I was in high school, I wanted a college chick.. Hell, I even married older. Guess I always liked maturity, experience and intelligence.

You can have those two 25 year olds..

Give me the 50..
(04-17-2023, 06:32 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I just don't understand the whole concept of wanting young or younger.. I always wanted older. When I was in middle school, I wanted a high school chick, When I was in high school, I wanted a college chick.. Hell, I even married older. Guess I always liked maturity, experience and intelligence.

Give me the 50..

Yeah, supermodels look great, but when they open their mouth and start talking, that totally blows the fantasy.
Why? A working majority of the American population supports this crap. Mayor of the countries economic hub is hosting drag shows 4 kids.
(04-18-2023, 10:22 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2023, 06:32 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I just don't understand the whole concept of wanting young or younger.. I always wanted older. When I was in middle school, I wanted a high school chick, When I was in high school, I wanted a college chick.. Hell, I even married older. Guess I always liked maturity, experience and intelligence.

Give me the 50..

Yeah, supermodels look great, but when they open their mouth and start talking, that totally blows the fantasy.

I indicated where you got off track.
The one tweet states The UN is full of pedophiles. I think there was a typo as it should have stated the US is full of pedophiles.

https://www.familywatchdog.us/