Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Group that Saved us from Disco.........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And I still listen to them today at 62 years old.........

The Ramones sounded like everybody and nobody else.
When their self-titled debut album was released, the punk music scene wasn't what it would become a year later, and the band's ancestral forefathers – at least as far as bands playing guitar-fueled garage rock – were few and far between: MC5, the Stooges, maybe some of the groups found on the Nuggetscompilation.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/ramones-...rIANyBnMr4
I never really listened to the Ramones much at the time, I have a lot more appreciation for them now. I was more into hard rock like Judas Priest and AC/DC when the Ramones were their peak but I did/do like Patti Smith (not really punk but she gets lumped in with that genre) and the Violent Femmes (same).
I actually liked disco.. Still do.

I like The Ramones too!

I don't think there's any kind of music I don't like..
(04-26-2023, 07:58 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I actually liked disco.. Still do.

I like The Ramones too!

Obviously you haven’t heard me sing…
(04-26-2023, 08:31 AM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2023, 07:58 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I actually liked disco.. Still do.

I like The Ramones too!

Obviously you haven’t heard me sing…

That's why they use autotune haha
Never mind the Bollocks...here's the Ramones.

The only REAL punk rock group to come out of the late 70's punk era....or, at least the only one with any staying power.