Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who do we like on Day 2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Bookend tackle to protect Trevor? Check. Welcome aboard Anton!

Now, who do we like for day 2?

Just saw a mock for day 2 and they had the Jags getting Ringo at pick 56. Would love this. However, they pass on Mayer in favor of Ringo. Pretty interesting.

I'm hoping a pass rusher like Hall or Foskey falls to the Jags but if not, Cam Smith/Ringo would be just fine.
(04-28-2023, 09:06 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Bookend tackle to protect Trevor? Check. Welcome aboard Anton!

Just saw a mock for day 2 and they had the Jags getting Ringo at pick 56. Would love this. However, they pass on Mayer in favor of Ringo. Pretty interesting.

I'm hoping a pass rusher like Hall or Foskey falls to the Jags but if not, Cam Smith/Ringo would be just fine.

We're on the same page here. It's Cam Smith or Isaiah Foskey ideally for me here at 56. However, it wouldn't shock me if they feel it necessary to draft another offensive lineman if Cody Mauch or Steve Avila are there to continue the theme of building towards the future and protecting their QB. Mauch can play LG, LT or RT. Avila can play LG, RG or C. Good value, great depth there at 56.

Foskey would be fantastic though. I love his tape. I love his consistency. I honestly think the Yannic Ngakoue comparison is a good comparison for him. Cam Smith though, again, gives you an instant CB2 with CB1 potential. So, yeah, tonight will be just as fun as last night. RD2 and RD3 have a [BLEEP] ton of potential starters to snatch up.
I wonder what's the odds of Darnell Washington making it our pick?

(04-28-2023, 09:10 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2023, 09:06 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Bookend tackle to protect Trevor? Check. Welcome aboard Anton!

We're on the same page here. It's Cam Smith or Isaiah Foskey ideally for me here at 56. However, it wouldn't shock me if they feel it necessary to draft another offensive lineman if Cody Mauch or Steve Avila are there to continue the theme of building towards the future and protecting their QB. Mauch can play LG, LT or RT. Avila can play LG, RG or C. Good value, great depth there at 56.

Foskey would be fantastic though. I love his tape. I love his consistency. I honestly think the Yannic Ngakoue comparison is a good comparison for him. Cam Smith though, again, gives you an instant CB2 with CB1 potential. So, yeah, tonight will be just as fun as last night. RD2 and RD3 have a [BLEEP] ton of potential starters to snatch up.
Pretty much agree with all this.  It really just depends on who falls tonus.  If Branch or Torrence makes it to the mid 2nd I'd do what I can to trade up even if it means giving up ou 2nd 3rd and a 4th.  We can still add a veteran pass rusher as well.  I still think we should try to get Leonard Floyd
(04-28-2023, 09:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what's the odds of Darnell Washington making it our pick?

I say slim to none. The challenge is the amount of teams in front of us with TWO or THREE picks each. 

Pittsburgh has 32 & 49. 
Detroit has 34, 48 & 55.
Green Bay has 42 & 45. 
Seattle has 37 & 52. 

Then you have teams like New England at 46, Chicago at 53 & L.A (Chargers) at 54. 

All of those teams above have a few common traits. 

1. Young QB's that need security blankets.

2. A tendency to lean on the running game and Washington is probably the best bang for your buck in the blocking department with the highest catch radius and upside.

I would be stunned if he's there at 56 tonight. Also, I'll go one step further. It would not shock me if he comes off the board tonight BEFORE Michael Mayer.
(04-28-2023, 09:23 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2023, 09:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what's the odds of Darnell Washington making it our pick?

I say slim to none. The challenge is the amount of teams in front of us with TWO or THREE picks each. 

Pittsburgh has 32 & 49. 
Detroit has 34, 48 & 56.
Green Bay has 42 & 45. 
Seattle has 37 & 52. 

Then you have teams like New England at 46, Chicago at 53 & L.A (Chargers) at 54. 

1. Young QB's that need security blankets
2. A tendency to lean on the running game and Washington is probably the best bang for your buck in the blocking department with the highest catch radius and upside.

I would be stunned if he's there at 56 tonight. Also, I'll go one step further. It would not shock me if he comes off the board tonight BEFORE Michael Mayer.
Yeah I wouldn't be shocked but I think Mayer goes first but I have both with 1st round grades.  If we have a deal in place with one of these veteran pass rushers behind closed doors I could see us going offense again.  If Mayer or Washington falls to the mid 2nd it wouldn't shock me if we move up for one.  Washington would be like another lineman out there on top of giving Trevor that big rezone target we lack.  I think last year was more of a Baalke draft and this year I feel is more of a Doug draft and getting Dougs guys to help and protect Trevor.

The Lions had the worst pick by far last night. Taking Gibbs that high wile you already have Swift and just signed Montgomery. They could of taken some elite players there. A horrible pick imo.
(04-28-2023, 09:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2023, 09:23 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I say slim to none. The challenge is the amount of teams in front of us with TWO or THREE picks each. 

Pittsburgh has 32 & 49. 
Detroit has 34, 48 & 56.
Green Bay has 42 & 45. 
Seattle has 37 & 52. 

1. Young QB's that need security blankets

Yeah I wouldn't be shocked but I think Mayer goes first but I have both with 1st round grades.  If we have a deal in place with one of these veteran pass rushers behind closed doors I could see us going offense again.  If Mayer or Washington falls to the mid 2nd it wouldn't shock me if we move up for one.  Washington would be like another lineman out there on top of giving Trevor that big rezone target we lack.  I think last year was more of a Baalke draft and this year I feel is more of a Doug draft and getting Dougs guys to help and protect Trevor.

I would love seeing Harrison and Little out there with Washington or Mayer lined-up next to them. Especially inside the redzone. Then you can flex Engram around as the move TE and with Kirk and Ridley on the outside? Take your pick. One of these guys is getting open.

And, if the defense is not paying enough attention and they back pedal without peaking in the backfield first? Etienne is already past your linebackers. 

Man, that would be tempting.
(04-28-2023, 09:36 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2023, 09:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I wouldn't be shocked but I think Mayer goes first but I have both with 1st round grades.  If we have a deal in place with one of these veteran pass rushers behind closed doors I could see us going offense again.  If Mayer or Washington falls to the mid 2nd it wouldn't shock me if we move up for one.  Washington would be like another lineman out there on top of giving Trevor that big rezone target we lack.  I think last year was more of a Baalke draft and this year I feel is more of a Doug draft and getting Dougs guys to help and protect Trevor.

I would love seeing Harrison and Little out there with Washington or Mayer lined-up next to them. Especially inside the redzone. Then you can flex Engram around as the move TE and with Kirk and Ridley on the outside? Take your pick. One of these guys is getting open.

And, if the defense is not paying enough attention and they back pedal without peaking in the backfield first? Etienne is already past your linebackers. 

Man, that would be tempting.

Exactly, also when Cam comes back you can put either him or Harrison at LG to upgrade that position as well.  If we add Mayer or Washington I think that would make this offense elite
Again need a cb. Need a good one not a 5th rounder
(04-28-2023, 09:48 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]Again need a cb. Need a good one not a 5th rounder

I would like to use our capital to move up to take Branch
(04-28-2023, 09:48 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]Again need a cb. Need a good one not a 5th rounder

You can get a good one that fits the slot/nickel need specifically with roughly 70% of the snaps to account for long before RD5. RD3 has plenty. Riley Moss, Garrett Williams, Mekhi Blackmon & even Sydney Brown has safety versatility. 

You might get a solid CB2 with CB1 potential tonight. Cam Smith and Julius Brents are names to watch.

(04-28-2023, 09:10 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]We're on the same page here. It's Cam Smith or Isaiah Foskey ideally for me here at 56. However, it wouldn't shock me if they feel it necessary to draft another offensive lineman if Cody Mauch or Steve Avila are there to continue the theme of building towards the future and protecting their QB. Mauch can play LG, LT or RT. Avila can play LG, RG or C. Good value, great depth there at 56.

Pretty much agree with all this.  It really just depends on who falls tonus.  If Branch or Torrence makes it to the mid 2nd I'd do what I can to trade up even if it means giving up ou 2nd 3rd and a 4th.  We can still add a veteran pass rusher as well.  I still think we should try to get Leonard Floyd

I don't think Washington gets all the way to us but have no issues packaging up to 45 or so if he's still there then. We could probably flip 2s with the Lions and throw in a 4 and 6 from our haul last night. If we do then I could see some options being Torrence, Aliva, Keion, Tyrique, or Mauch in that area. If we stand pat we could be looking at DJ Turner, Luke Musgrave, Derrick Hall, or Tuipulotu from USC. Still really good options in those groups.
(04-28-2023, 10:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't think Washington gets all the way to us but have no issues packaging up to 45 or so if he's still there then. We could probably flip 2s with the Lions and throw in a 4 and 6 from our haul last night. If we do then I could see some options being Torrence, Aliva, Keion, Tyrique, or Mauch in that area. If we stand pat we could be looking at DJ Turner, Luke Musgrave, Derrick Hall, or Tuipulotu from USC. Still really good options in those groups.
Yesterday i was taking  about taking Torrence then trading up for a tackle in round 2.  But now we got the tackle and could trade up for Torrence if he makes it to the mid 2nd and I'd be all good for that as well.  With Harrison and Torrence added to the oline this oline would be much improved.
(04-28-2023, 10:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2023, 10:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think Washington gets all the way to us but have no issues packaging up to 45 or so if he's still there then. We could probably flip 2s with the Lions and throw in a 4 and 6 from our haul last night. If we do then I could see some options being Torrence, Aliva, Keion, Tyrique, or Mauch in that area. If we stand pat we could be looking at DJ Turner, Luke Musgrave, Derrick Hall, or Tuipulotu from USC. Still really good options in those groups.
Yesterday i was taking about Torrence then trading up for a tackle in round 2.  But now got the tackle and could trade up for Torrence if he makes it to the mid 2nd and I'd be all good for that as well.  With Harrison and Torrence added to the oline this oline would be much improved.

Agreed, and we can still get a 3rd CB and a rotational rush guy with our remaining 4ths. If by some miracle we have a shot at JPJ there in the early 2nd though I would be for the move up to do so as well. I know you like him a lot and I don't think you're wrong about him being good.
(04-28-2023, 10:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]

I like that Tuipulotu name coming up there. Had a big year at USC last season. High motor guy, gives us flexibility with the defensive front we like to run. I wouldn't hate that pick neither.

Heck yea, then Smith/Ringo replaces Darious Williams next year. Smith could be the nickel this year or Ringo could play outside and Williams could move back inside. Doesn't matter - both would be a steal at #56.
(04-28-2023, 10:21 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2023, 10:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think Washington gets all the way to us but have no issues packaging up to 45 or so if he's still there then. We could probably flip 2s with the Lions and throw in a 4 and 6 from our haul last night. If we do then I could see some options being Torrence, Aliva, Keion, Tyrique, or Mauch in that area. If we stand pat we could be looking at DJ Turner, Luke Musgrave, Derrick Hall, or Tuipulotu from USC. Still really good options in those groups.

I like that Tuipulotu name coming up there. Had a big year at USC last season. High motor guy, gives us flexibility with the defensive front we like to run. I wouldn't hate that pick neither.
The  only thing about him is i don't know where he would play.  He was rumored to be around 290 in college and at the combine he was 260 something.  He's not fast enough to play OLB and not big enough to play inside
(04-28-2023, 10:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2023, 10:21 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I like that Tuipulotu name coming up there. Had a big year at USC last season. High motor guy, gives us flexibility with the defensive front we like to run. I wouldn't hate that pick neither.
The  only thing about him is i don't know where he would play.  He was rumored to be around 290 in college and at the combine he was 260 something.  He's not fast enough to play OLB and not big enough to play inside

You plug him somewhere in between Walker and Fatukasi and let him run stunts. He has some type of ability to get after the QB. Regardless of his size. You don't just accidentally rack up 22.5 TFL's and 13.5 sacks in one season. That kid has some ability to him. Probably a Trey Hendrickson type player.
(04-28-2023, 10:29 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2023, 10:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]The  only thing about him is i don't know where he would play.  He was rumored to be around 290 in college and at the combine he was 260 something.  He's not fast enough to play OLB and not big enough to play inside

You plug him somewhere in between Walker and Fatukasi and let him run stunts. He has some type of ability to get after the QB. Regardless of his size. You don't just accidentally rack up 22.5 TFL's and 13.5 sacks in one season. That kid has some ability to him. Probably a Trey Hendrickson type player.

Yeah, I'd rather go a different route personally but we shall see who falls.  I hope we trade up and get one of

Porter
Torrence
Branch
Mayer
Washington 
Foskey
Musgrave
Mauch
Smith
Avila

10 players I think could of went in the first. Hopefully we get one of the 10
(04-28-2023, 10:36 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2023, 10:29 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]You plug him somewhere in between Walker and Fatukasi and let him run stunts. He has some type of ability to get after the QB. Regardless of his size. You don't just accidentally rack up 22.5 TFL's and 13.5 sacks in one season. That kid has some ability to him. Probably a Trey Hendrickson type player.

Yeah, I'd rather go a different route personally but we shall see who falls.  I hope we trade up and get one of

Porter
Torrence
Branch
Mayer
Washington 
Foskey
Musgrave
Mauch
Smith
Avila

I'd love to get Mayer, but I bet he goes pretty fast tonite.
There are so many great options for today that it will be very hard to mess it up. I'm definitely on board for trading up once a coveted player makes it to pick 45-50. I wouldn't move all the way up since it would cost so much and all the players remaining are not "slam dunks" or they would be gone already. I'm assuming Porter and Mayer will be gone by 45, but other great possibilities include:

Darnell Washington
Luke Musgraves
O'Cyrus Torrence
Cody Mauch
Steve Avilla
Derek Hall
Isaiah Foskey
Keion White
Ade Ade
Tui Tuipuloto
Brian Branch
Cam Smith
Clark Phillips
Julius Brents
Quan Martin
Sidney Brown
Riley Moss
Tyrique Stevenson
Sam Laporta

There are others, but getting any of these two or even three by the end of tonight would be amazing!
Pages: 1 2 3