Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Round 4 - DE Tyler Lacy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Add him to the rotation immediately. We need all the pass rush we can get. It addresses a need.

Would have liked to get one earlier but hopefully he’s productive.

Welcome to Duval.
He's more of an edge setter. For a guy that played 40 games in college he didnt hit the QB enough. Think we [BLEEP] up passing up on Herbig.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Hopefully he can get into the rotation at 3-4 end this year.
Seems like he'll need a year to get stronger though.
Best case scenario, he gets some of the inside snaps Smoot or Key had last year and occasionally flashes.
We have Smoot and Key's replacements now in Lacy and Abdullah.

He’s definitely a 34 end. Probably will line up over the guard here and there. Big ol boy.
(04-29-2023, 01:47 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]We have Smoot and Key's replacements now in Lacy and Abdullah.

Abdullah is no Key, body type wise. Like at all. He is 6'1 lol.
Massive needs just got filled with both picks. With the Miller pick they are getting ready to shed contracts at LB and gear up for Lawrence’s monumental payday.
(04-29-2023, 02:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Massive needs just got filled with both picks. With the Miller pick they are getting ready to shed contracts at LB and gear up for Lawrence’s monumental payday.

Lacey doesn't fill a need.   He can't rush the passer!   

5.11 40 7.6 3 cone 3 sacks last year.   Horrendous.
DE is a major need.
(04-29-2023, 02:03 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2023, 02:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Massive needs just got filled with both picks. With the Miller pick they are getting ready to shed contracts at LB and gear up for Lawrence’s monumental payday.

Lacey doesn't fill a need.   He can't rush the passer!   

5.11 40 7.6 3 cone 3 sacks last year.   Horrendous.
He's a 3-4 DE. They are not primarily pass rushers. They set the edge.
He’s probably going to play DT/DE
(04-29-2023, 01:55 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2023, 01:47 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]We have Smoot and Key's replacements now in Lacy and Abdullah.

Abdullah is no Key, body type wise. Like at all. He is 6'1 lol.
Still effects the QB. 6'1, 240 is just as physical as 6'5, 240. If anything. He's more stout.

(04-29-2023, 02:20 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2023, 01:55 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Abdullah is no Key, body type wise. Like at all. He is 6'1 lol.
Still effects the QB. 6'1, 240 is just as physical as 6'5, 240. If anything. He's more stout.

And waaaay quicker
[Image: Screenshot-2023-04-29-at-2-44-05-PM.png]
After further consideration, and the next two picks, Strong long run defender! He may never be pass rusher, but day one he's going to help this run defense.
I mulled over this selection a bit more. I hope he pans out. I just have my reservations with a guy that played that many games but didn't really make a splash consistently on the stat sheet. We already have big body type guys like that.

He'll be somebody I watch closely along with Pittsburgh's Nick Herbig out of Wisconsin. He was another highly productive pass rusher for 2 years in a row. Hitting 9 sacks his 2nd year and 11 sacks his 3rd year. More than 20% of his plays made all resulted in negative yardage. People that were concerned with his strength made me chuckle a bit when the did ripped 25 reps at 225 with ease at the combine.

He would have been really fun to watch and develop potentially to pair with Abdullah and he's a natural, OLB rusher from a 3-4. He's also shown some high IQ playing in Jim Leonhard's defense at Wisconsin. Another former NFL standout that had a nice career with the Jets and Ravens at Safety. Ah well. We'll see what happens I guess.
(05-03-2023, 08:14 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I mulled over this selection a bit more. I hope he pans out. I just have my reservations with a guy that played that many games but didn't really make a splash consistently on the stat sheet. We already have big body type guys like that.

He'll be somebody I watch closely along with Pittsburgh's Nick Herbig out of Wisconsin. He was another highly productive pass rusher for 2 years in a row. Hitting 9 sacks his 2nd year and 11 sacks his 3rd year. More than 20% of his plays made all resulted in negative yardage. People that were concerned with his strength made me chuckle a bit when the did ripped 25 reps at 225 with ease at the combine.

He would have been really fun to watch and develop potentially to pair with Abdullah and he's a natural, OLB rusher from a 3-4. He's also shown some high IQ playing in Jim Leonhard's defense at Wisconsin. Another former NFL standout that had a nice career with the Jets and Ravens at Safety. Ah well. We'll see what happens I guess.

Herbig will have a good career in Pittsburgh. I also would have preferred him over Lacy due to his ability to pass rush.
This dude had 3 sacks per year and played in a conference passes the ball 60x per game. That's pretty much getting a sack 1x in every 4 games.
(05-03-2023, 09:27 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]This dude had 3 sacks per year and played in a conference passes the ball 60x per game.  That's pretty much getting a sack 1x in every 4 games.

He's clearly not a pass rusher. He's certainly going to be an edge setter for this defense if he makes it. Hopefully his strength and ability to hold the point or edge will translate well in the NFL. I just hope Herbig doesn't shine up there for the Steelers. 

It'll be a real pisser if he does knowing we passed on him. Another name I'll be watching is Tuli over there in L.A with the Chargers. He was another guy I wanted. I didn't think he would go in RD2 though.
Pages: 1 2 3