Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Round 6 - WR Parker Washington
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Fellow Sugar Land, TX native. Welcome to the Jags:

[Image: Screenshot-2023-04-29-at-4-03-38-PM.png]
Welcome to Duval
Video Scout on Washington. Dripped because of medical...couldn't run at combine or pro day. His highlight tape is filled with circus catches. Potential steal

https://youtu.be/KPr49NPs_0g
Punt return ability
If Claybrooks gets suspended, could be a potential backup to Agnew there
He'll be practice squad, unless Kirk or Agnew have an injury
He looks exactly like Christian Kirk. I don't do the NFL comparison thing, but the way he catches with his hands, transitions to a runner
Gets open in zone, releases off the line of scrimmage. Really like the pic.
Penn state has churned out a lot of.good recievers lately. He downs thave the physicla gifts of godwin, a-rob or dotson, but he has amazing body control and catches everything thrown near him. He has a really good shot at making the roster.
(04-29-2023, 04:20 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]Penn state has churned out a lot of.good recievers lately. He downs thave the physicla gifts of godwin, a-rob or dotson, but he has amazing body control and catches everything thrown near him. He has a really good shot at making the roster.

That's not make the roster ball skills, that's future starter ball skills.
I like this guy. It's so encouraging to see a receiver who actually catches the damn ball, especially contested balls. I could see this guy converting a lot of third downs.
He’s definitely got starter potential. What a steal.
(04-29-2023, 04:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Punt return ability

Really? The guy doesn't have enough speed.

He could be a possession WR and get open in the slot with his strength.
extension of the run game
like him in short contested throws
(04-29-2023, 04:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Punt return ability

Agreed on the PR ability.
(04-29-2023, 04:08 PM)nitwit248 Wrote: [ -> ]Video Scout on Washington. Dripped because of medical...couldn't run at combine or pro day. His highlight tape is filled with circus catches. Potential steal

I've never been big on highlights because I realize that they call them "highlights" for a reason.  That being said, I like what I see here.  There are quite a few tough catches in that video.  As someone who was very disappointed with this year's draft, this is a pick that I like.  I think he has a good chance to make the team as depth at wide receiver and a backup kick returner.  He could also be an Agnew replacement who is a free agent after this year.
(04-29-2023, 04:08 PM)nitwit248 Wrote: [ -> ]Video Scout on Washington. Dripped because of medical...couldn't run at combine or pro day. His highlight tape is filled with circus catches. Potential steal

Well last time we drafted a Penn State WR it went well..
If there is one player I could pick to stay safe and unmoved, it would unquestionably be Agnew. I’ve been keeping my eye on him all offseason and to be honest this Washington pick could be the end of Swaggy.

Without me going 8 paragraphs deep, Agnew offers so much more than just returning kicks and punts.

Agnew is running a V8 under the hood while everybody else has V6’s. Washington could replace Agnew due to his contract alone. But man I hope not.
I didn't know this guy and I usually don't judge based on highlights but the way he moves and catches the ball is very smooth and natural.
I can see the Kirk similarities the way he moves but he seems to be better at contested catches.

Am I saying is he a better Kirk or a future starter? No, don't know anything remotely enough about him but the way he moves is definitely promising.
This guy looks like the kind of small WR that is all over the NFL driving other teams nuts.  Julian Edelman, Wes Welker, Cole Beasley. 

His highlight reel is quite spectacular.

From CBSSports' Chris Trapasso:

185. Jaguars: Parker Washington, WR, Penn State

Grade: A
Draft crush of mine. Short but stocky, Deebo Samuel-like YAC monster. Balance is unreal. Absorbs contact outstandingly well. Not a major separator or speed threat. Wins underneath and with the ball in his hands. Can outplay this draft position.   
Draft and develop.
Pages: 1 2