Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I know Military enlistment is down....... But to do THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Critics explode over US Navy's use of drag queen to solve recruiting crisis: 'What NOT to do'

Yeoman 2nd Class Joshua Kelley goes by the stage name 'Harpy Daniels'

Critics lambasted the U.S. Navy Wednesday over its use of a "drag queen influencer" to help persuade new recruits to join the military amid a massive recruitment crisis.

News broke earlier in the day that Yeoman 2nd Class Joshua Kelley, who goes by the stage name "Harpy Daniels" and identifies as non-binary, was a "Digital Ambassador" in the Navy's pilot program to attract new recruits.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/critics...ing-crisis
An act of outright desperation by the Navy. Low recruitment numbers have a profound effect on mission readiness. Navy brass figures if today’s generation won’t respond to messages of honor, duty and commitment, then they’ll try what’s trending in society.
Because the navy doesn't already have a reputation for those sorts of activities...lol.
I don't know. Maybe this is a good thing. Imagine the fear and terror that a horde of charging drag queens would instill in the enemy on the battlefield. I hear that feather boas can be quite lethal if used properly.
(05-04-2023, 10:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Because the navy doesn't already have a reputation for those sorts of activities...lol.

I sense the opportunity for a whole new line of torpedo jokes.
(05-04-2023, 10:45 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-04-2023, 10:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Because the navy doesn't already have a reputation for those sorts of activities...lol.

I sense the opportunity for a whole new line of torpedo jokes.

Eh.. Drag Queens, I don't mind.. Put that torpedo in a dress and fire away!!

Now, transgenders.. Different story. You ain't joining the military so I and others can pay to have your peter cut off with our taxes. 

I don't think Drag Queens are nearly the liability that transgenders would be..
South Park did it.
As a retired squid working with retired soldiers, I’ve heard them all.
(05-04-2023, 07:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]An act of outright desperation by the Navy. Low recruitment numbers have a profound effect on mission readiness. Navy brass figures if today’s generation won’t respond to messages of honor, duty and commitment, then they’ll try what’s trending in society.

Is that kind of thing really trending, though?  Certainly not among the type of people who join the military.
(05-05-2023, 06:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-04-2023, 07:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]An act of outright desperation by the Navy. Low recruitment numbers have a profound effect on mission readiness. Navy brass figures if today’s generation won’t respond to messages of honor, duty and commitment, then they’ll try what’s trending in society.

Is that kind of thing really trending, though?  Certainly not among the type of people who join the military.

It appeals to this generation’s sense of “social justice”. The people who join may not be trannies, but perhaps they’ll serve in an organization which openly supports that right.