Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Poz moving to SAM. Jack to MLB (merged threads)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just announced on Jags stream. 

Sweet. 

Good move, Jack just needs to get himself mentally prepared.....the ability is already there.
PFT article on the move.

It's a good way to get all of them on the field at the same time.  It's about time.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/22906-whats-the-deal-with-this-site/page-2#entry994071'>PFT article on the move.</a>

It's a good way to get all of them on the field at the same time. It's about time.

Gus says bad move.
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/22906-whats-the-deal-with-this-site/page-2#entry994071'>PFT article on the move.</a>

It's a good way to get all of them on the field at the same time. It's about time.

Ummmmm
Not a bad time to draft a new SAM lb. one who can cover.
Quote:Gus says bad move.
gene says he would have never drafted that guy. Came from a school that was too big
The future is now. 

Quote:The future is now.

"Believe in Now"
Had to be done. Team needs Jack and Telvin on the field every down.
[Image: With_the_sankaku_site_you_can_search_as_many_key.jpg]
I really wish I could log in to my normal acct...
I think parts of the role (stopping the run and being close to the line) will suit his strengths.

But; won't moving to SAM also involve lining up against (and covering) Tight Ends? He could get picked on there.
Contrary to sentiment of some, Poz was not a liability in coverage at MLB, so I don't expect him to be one at SLB, either.

If you look at his stats, he's got his share of passes defended and INTs, and holds up well vs other 4-3 MLBs.

SLB has been pretty void here since Daryl Smith with the exception of a hand full of plays Clint Session didn't have a concussion.

Quote:Contrary to sentiment of some, Poz was not a liability in coverage at MLB, so I don't expect him to be one at SLB, either.

If you look at his stats, he's got his share of passes defended and INTs, and holds up well vs other 4-3 MLBs.

SLB has been pretty void here since Daryl Smith with the exception of a hand full of plays Clint Session didn't have a concussion.
I haven't looked at the stats for other MLBs in the league, but that's an interesting point.  I don't think he's going to be a huge liability covering TEs either.  The defense is better with him on the field regardless of the role he's going to fill, and getting Myles out there along with Telvin gives us the 3 best options.  This won't hurt the defense even the slightest, IMO.
He said all the right things in his interview. I just wonder if this set up will be better than with him at MLB. Myles Jack doesn't seem like an MLB to me.

Quote: Myles Jack doesn't seem like an MLB to me.

Lol what?
Quote:He said all the right things in his interview. I just wonder if this set up will be better than with him at MLB. Myles Jack doesn't seem like an MLB to me.

That was the other interesting thing about the move - Poz blaming himself for not being better at MLB. It was both sad and admirable at the same time.
Little bit of a smack in the face for Poz IMO. Basically puts him off the field on 3rd down doesn't it? His interview is pure pro. Nothing but class.

Pages: 1 2 3 4