Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Disney Strikes Back !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let the show begin !!!

"Disney cancels plan to move 2,000 workers to Florida amid DeSantis fight

Walt Disney Co. has canceled its plan to open a new Florida campus that would’ve relocated some 2,000 employees to the state, a change that comes as the company is engaged in a long brawl with the state’s Republican governor, Ron DeSantis.

The company in July 2021 said it planned to move staffers, including many theme park designers (known as Imagineers) and consumer products workers, to new office space in the Orlando community of Lake Nona to take advantage of some $570 million in tax breaks."

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-ar...ntis-fight
Good.. Move the whole [BLEEP] park out of Florida.

Don't care about the revenue they bring in or the taxes they pay out.

Pack your [BLEEP] and go.. Tired of them!

They can take their pedophile employees with them!
I wonder what in the world DeSantis thinks he is getting out of this Disney battle.
(05-18-2023, 02:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Let the show begin !!!

Walt Disney Co. has canceled its plan to open a new Florida campus that would’ve relocated some 2,000 employees to the state, a change that comes as the company is engaged in a long brawl with the state’s Republican governor, Ron DeSantis.

The company in July 2021 said it planned to move staffers, including many theme park designers (known as Imagineers) and consumer products workers, to new office space in the Orlando community of Lake Nona to take advantage of some $570 million in tax breaks."

They had already cancelled those plans back before they fired Chapek because the employees they were going to move were going to quit and they can't afford to lose them. Now they're using it as if it's some big power move.

(05-18-2023, 03:12 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what in the world DeSantis thinks he is getting out of this Disney battle.

Just the cred for fighting against the Corporate Machine. Hopefully others will follow in his footsteps.
As a former employee of the Magic Kingdom at WDW (Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Steam Railroad train), I can only say who cares. They were pro-Alphabet people back when I worked there, and they are 100 times that now. I unwillingly encountered bosses who were sex predators while there. All protected and covered up. Waiting anxiously for the Haunted Mansion refurb where you see a holographic sex transition superimposed over you at the end of the ride. I'll take my grandsons' to Sea World and Universal. Disney can sink into the swamp.
(05-18-2023, 03:15 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2023, 02:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Let the show begin !!!

They had already cancelled those plans back before they fired Chapek because the employees they were going to move were going to quit and they can't afford to lose them. Now they're using it as if it's some big power move.

(05-18-2023, 03:12 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what in the world DeSantis thinks he is getting out of this Disney battle.

Just the cred for fighting against the Corporate Machine. Hopefully others will follow in his footsteps.

Fighting the corporate machine???  He's a Republican!
(05-18-2023, 04:26 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2023, 03:15 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]They had already cancelled those plans back before they fired Chapek because the employees they were going to move were going to quit and they can't afford to lose them. Now they're using it as if it's some big power move.

Fighting the corporate machine???  He's a Republican!

The left owns the corporate set and he's against the left.
(05-18-2023, 04:52 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2023, 04:26 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Fighting the corporate machine???  He's a Republican!

The left owns the corporate set and he's against the left.

Corporations are businesses, and Republicans have traditionally been the pro-business party.  So why would a Republican be "fighting the corporate set?"  That makes no sense.
Central Floridians might not like DeSantis attacking Disney, but they have no problem with anything that slows down the rate of people moving down here!
(05-18-2023, 05:03 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2023, 04:52 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]The left owns the corporate set and he's against the left.

Corporations are businesses, and Republicans have traditionally been the pro-business party.  So why would a Republican be "fighting the corporate set?"  That makes no sense.

Gee, I don't know? What could've changed that would cause a Republican to oppose the Corporate Oligarchy?

[Image: social]
(05-18-2023, 02:41 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Good.. Move the whole [BLEEP] park out of Florida.

If it frees up I-4, then I'm all for it as well.  We should then ship all of the migrants and homeless people there to occupy their 130,000 hotel rooms.

I'm just a little concerned if they'd shut down then we'd get a lot of the tourism crowd diverting their vacations to the Clay County Fair.

I don’t know.  Disney decided to pick the fight in my eyes.  DeSantis had no choice but to flex the power of his office or wind up essentially labeling himself a weakling.