Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: New to the politcs game. Can you explain why Biden is good?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got to admit I have just got into the politics game a couple of years ago.  I believe myself to be an independent leaning right.  I just hate the people who treat politics like a team sport  I have met some that are so loyal to a party they would vote for a turd vs the other party's best nomination.  Personally I find it really foolish to put all of your eggs in one basket. Some years a Republican will be the best nominee for president and other years a Democrat will not be.  The issue is that many people are so stone walled in to their own party's line of thought they can't think for themselves.

Joe Biden has been the big man now for well over 2 years now.  To be honest, it's embarrassing to watch him on stage mumbling his words while lost in space at times. He does make a few good comments occasionally but other countries are laughing at us for having such a weak leader at the helm.  Literally there are hundreds of vidoes of Biden on youtube of his senior moments.  Clearly the guy is struggling with mental issues. I do not blame or hat the guy for it. The problem is he really shouldn't be making any kind of decisions for a nation while struggling mentally.

Ok so now I look at the Country While Biden has the power.  What has he done to make things better?   I see a country who is in a civil war with sexism and indentity politics. An economy on the verge of Collaspe, Inflation, debt, layoffs, possibly a recession.  I know that even his big promise of Loan Forgiveness may not go through for the vast majority.  I am ignorant enough to know that there is plenty I do not know.  So, why is he considered a good leader?  I honestly do not see any good he has done so far. 

The main reason why he was nominated by many is because he was not Trump.  Trump no doubt was an idiot who shot his mouth off and should of stayed off of social media. Trump also put this country into one of the biggest economic booms in United States History. 

So why is Joe Biden a good president?  I personally at the moment cannot think of one good reason.
This might be the shortest thread in history.
Quote:What has he done to make things better? 

I don't think that's a fair question.
I don't think Trump did much to make lives better either.  You could say his tax cut helped, I have more money now, but it's not really changing my life either way.  And the extra government debt created by that tax cut is a big reason for all the inflation we saw recently, but the inflation didn't change my life much either way either.
Perhaps some aspects of the infrastructure bill Biden passed will "make things better" but that stuff is still working its way through the system.

I think Biden talks a lot less than Trump, and is much less offensive when he talks.  Now that Trump's not President, we are all much more free to ignore what he says, and that's a big win for many people's mental health.
(05-23-2023, 03:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't think Trump did much to make lives better either.  You could say his tax cut helped, I have more money now, but it's not really changing my life either way.  And the extra government debt created by that tax cut is a big reason for all the inflation we saw recently, but the inflation didn't change my life much either way either.
Perhaps some aspects of the infrastructure bill Biden passed will "make things better" but that stuff is still working its way through the system.

I think Biden talks a lot less than Trump, and is much less offensive when he talks.  Now that Trump's not President, we are all much more free to ignore what he says, and that's a big win for many people's mental health.

Tax cuts don't create deficits. You know this.
(05-23-2023, 02:19 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]I got to admit I have just got into the politics game a couple of years ago.  I believe myself to be an independent leaning right.  I just hate the people who treat politics like a team sport  I have met some that are so loyal to a party they would vote for a turd vs the other party's best nomination.  Personally I find it really foolish to put all of your eggs in one basket. Some years a Republican will be the best nominee for president and other years a Democrat will not be.  The issue is that many people are so stone walled in to their own party's line of thought they can't think for themselves.

Joe Biden has been the big man now for well over 2 years now.  To be honest, it's embarrassing to watch him on stage mumbling his words while lost in space at times. He does make a few good comments occasionally but other countries are laughing at us for having such a weak leader at the helm.  Literally there are hundreds of vidoes of Biden on youtube of his senior moments.  Clearly the guy is struggling with mental issues. I do not blame or hat the guy for it. The problem is he really shouldn't be making any kind of decisions for a nation while struggling mentally.

Ok so now I look at the Country b While has the power.  What has he done to make things better?   I see a country who is in a civil war with sexism and indentity politics. An economy on the verge of Collaspe, Inflation, debt, layoffs, possibly a recession.  I know that even his big promise of Loan Forgiveness may not go through for the vast majority.  I am ignorant enough to know that there is plenty I do not know.  So, why is he considered a good leader?  I honestly do not see any good he has done so far. 

The main reason why he was nominated by many is because he was not Trump.  Trump no doubt was an idiot who shot his mouth off and should of stayed off of social media. Trump also put this country into one of the biggest economic booms in United States History. 

So why is Joe Biden a good president?  I personally at the moment cannot think of one good reason.

Joe Biden was "installed" by the democrat party because he "wasn't Trump".  They control him in every way.

This happened after the failure to "install" Hillary Clinton to the White House.  From the very beginning of Trump's presidency the left was screaming about an "illegitimate election" and started the whole "Russia collusion" nonsense.  Look up the Mueller Report.
(05-23-2023, 03:46 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2023, 02:19 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]I got to admit I have just got into the politics game a couple of years ago.  I believe myself to be an independent leaning right.  I just hate the people who treat politics like a team sport  I have met some that are so loyal to a party they would vote for a turd vs the other party's best nomination.  Personally I find it really foolish to put all of your eggs in one basket. Some years a Republican will be the best nominee for president and other years a Democrat will not be.  The issue is that many people are so stone walled in to their own party's line of thought they can't think for themselves.

Ok so now I look at the Country b While has the power.  What has he done to make things better?   I see a country who is in a civil war with sexism and indentity politics. An economy on the verge of Collaspe, Inflation, debt, layoffs, possibly a recession.  I know that even his big promise of Loan Forgiveness may not go through for the vast majority.  I am ignorant enough to know that there is plenty I do not know.  So, why is he considered a good leader?  I honestly do not see any good he has done so far. 

Joe Biden was "installed" by the democrat party because he "wasn't Trump".  They control him in every way.

This happened after the failure to "install" Hillary Clinton to the White House.  From the very beginning of Trump's presidency the left was screaming about an "illegitimate election" and started the whole "Russia collusion" nonsense.  Look up the Mueller Report.

I 100% agree with you.  Biden is not the president, the democratic party is the president. He is little more than a puppet. Still, many claim he is a great president and loves the fact he is running again. I just can't put my mind around it. This country is swirling down the drain with Biden at the Helm.
(05-23-2023, 03:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2023, 03:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think that's a fair question.

They do in the short term unless you cut spending.  The Laffer curve is real but we are well on the left side of it.
Economic growth is real but wasn't large enough to offset the tax rate change.
I’m with you OP. Politics now has become “my side vs your side”. Maybe it was like this before, or had always been like this, and I was just too young to realize it. Unfortunately we are pretty much stuck with the 2-party system.

I have always voted Conservative, because I, for the most part, agree with their policies. Not all the time though, and I admit that the candidates can learn to just shut their yaps every once in a while, and let their actions do the talking.

its just an all out war of words between the right and left now. I think it got going during the Obama administration, since it lined up with the advent of social media. My opinion, although most conservatives had nothing against Obama personally, a lot of them probably felt that the Left rubbed it in, and then once Trump came it then it just became vindication and revenge for the previous 8 years.
Social media and the MSM shrugging off all pretenses of neutrality has polarized people like never before.

However, I don’t think people are any more divided in their beliefs than before. The difference is the ability to express views with their thumbs rather than mustering the fortitude and reasoning to debate others face to face.
(05-24-2023, 09:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Social media and the MSM shrugging off all pretenses of neutrality has polarized people like never before.

However, I don’t think people are any more divided in their beliefs than before. The difference is the ability to express views with their thumbs rather than mustering the fortitude and reasoning to debate others face to face.

Agreed. There's a lot of clickbait now from everybody and everywhere and it's mostly landmines of nonsense that get set off. It's hard to trust anything you see or hear these days. The cynic in me just can't get onboard with either party. 

I really feel like this country needs to be shaken up and flipped upside down. Money and lobbying needs to be uprooted from politics. Congress needs to be put in check. Political party reform needs to take place. A new party that's viable should be developed at some point.
(05-23-2023, 07:38 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2023, 03:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Tax cuts don't create deficits. You know this.

They do in the short term unless you cut spending.  The Laffer curve is real but we are well on the left side of it.

All deficits are created by government spending.
(05-24-2023, 11:18 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2023, 07:38 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]They do in the short term unless you cut spending.  The Laffer curve is real but we are well on the left side of it.

All deficits are created by government spending.

Did Trump and the Republicans who controlled Congress for two years cut spending significantly? 
If yes, he didn't cut it enough, and you should blame him for the deficit.
If no, you should blame him for the deficit.

For the next two years, did the Democrats who controlled Congress pass any spending with a veto override?
If yes, you can blame Congress alone for the spending in those years.
If no, you should blame Trump for the deficit.
(05-24-2023, 11:22 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-24-2023, 11:18 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]All deficits are created by government spending.

Did Trump and the Republicans who controlled Congress for two years cut spending significantly? 
If yes, he didn't cut it enough, and you should blame him for the deficit.
If no, you should blame him for the deficit.

For the next two years, did the Democrats who controlled Congress pass any spending with a veto override?
If yes, you can blame Congress alone for the spending in those years.
If no, you should blame Trump for the deficit.

No, and I blame him and them for not cutting the budget when they had the chance. But you're an idiot to suggest that there was no deficit he arrived or that the current budget is all his fault. Unlike you I'm not a Democrat-Apologist-of-a-Republican so I don't defend their bad behavior.
(05-23-2023, 02:19 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]I see a country who is in a civil war with sexism and indentity politics. An economy on the verge of Collaspe, Inflation, debt, layoffs, possibly a recession.  I know that even his big promise of Loan Forgiveness may not go through for the vast majority.

First and foremost, certain economic factors are controlled by the Federal Reserve, not the President.   Inflation doesn't happen in 2 years.  Inflation is a result of keeping rates at 0% and giving our free $$ (stimulus checks) when it was really not needed at all.  Now, the Federal Reserve is trying to control inflation by increasing lending rates and need people to be laid off to reduce spending.  As such, lower inflation, higher unemployment and less spending is best for the US Dollar right now.
(05-23-2023, 03:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2023, 03:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think that's a fair question.

Tax cuts absolutely create deficits.  If they don't, then why not cut taxes to zero?
(05-24-2023, 12:47 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2023, 03:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Tax cuts don't create deficits. You know this.

Tax cuts absolutely create deficits.  If they don't, then why not cut taxes to zero?

I accept your terms, let's cut government spending to zero and you won't need any taxes. Deficits are created by one thing only: government spending. Our deficits aren't growing because we aren't taxed enough, they grow because our Congress is addicted to spending our money. You're conditioned to believe that this stuff is the taxpayers' fault; it's not, it is soley the fault of the government class that we're in this situation.
(05-24-2023, 04:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-24-2023, 12:47 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Tax cuts absolutely create deficits.  If they don't, then why not cut taxes to zero?

I accept your terms, let's cut government spending to zero and you won't need any taxes. Deficits are created by one thing only: government spending. Our deficits aren't growing because we aren't taxed enough, they grow because our Congress is addicted to spending our money. You're conditioned to believe that this stuff is the taxpayers' fault; it's not, it is soley the fault of the government class that we're in this situation.

A government that taxes zero and spends zero isn't a government.
And most taxpayers are the government class, because most taxpayers are eligible to vote.
(05-23-2023, 03:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

Mikey giveth....  and then Mikey says this.   

Never-MIND WWIII, bank failures, or anything thactually touches people lives....  the mean tweets!

(05-23-2023, 07:38 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

If u run a mile u burn calories....   if you still eat three pizzas 4 dinner u can't say the running didn't work.   Baseline budgeting and lack of political will Bae deficits into the fiscal budget.
(05-24-2023, 07:09 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]

Mikey giveth....  and then Mikey says this.   

Never-MIND WWIII, bank failures, or anything thactually touches people lives....  the mean tweets!

(05-23-2023, 07:38 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]They do in the short term unless you cut spending.  The Laffer curve is real but we are well on the left side of it.

If u run a mile u burn calories....   if you still eat three pizzas 4 dinner u can't say the running didn't work.   Baseline budgeting and lack of political will Bae deficits into the fiscal budget.

As long as the bank failures don't compound into something bigger they will not affect very many people's lives.
The US and China and Russia are all at peace with each other.  There is no WWIII.
(05-24-2023, 07:32 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-24-2023, 07:09 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]Mikey giveth....  and then Mikey says this.   

As long as the bank failures don't compound into something bigger they will not affect very many people's lives.
The US and China and Russia are all at peace with each other.  There is no WWIII.

Can omeone tell Lindsey Graham and all the people with Ukrainian flags in their profile pics?
Pages: 1 2