Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hollywoke writers continue to strike.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These idiot writers continue to strike. Despite the failures like she hulk and the rings of power the writers believe they deserve a raise. 

I say let them rot. The garbage coming out of hollywoke is just unwatchable. Let the whole writers guild take a long walk off a short plank and get new talented writers who are not driven by the woke hive mind. 

https://www.npr.org/2023/06/02/117988381...month-mark
Yeah, union workers often strike when they are paid unfairly.
This is nothing new.

You are trying to conflate it with your own personal dislike for liberal messaging being written into films and television programs.

It literally has zero to do with that - and the outcome of this will not affect how much of that you will or will not continue to see moving forward.
It would take a gradual paradigm shift in higher echelons of the industry to achieve that.

Maybe if they get the AI stuff dialed in a bit more, you'll begin seeing fewer artists and artistic decision making involved in the writing, and then maybe you have a chance.
Doubtful though.

Hope you love NEWSMAX
Writer's strikes suck hard because it leaves a vacuum for asinine 'reality' shows that don't require scripts.

I'm glad I stream whatever I want to watch. I've started rewatching Justified which was a pretty good show and I love Timothy Olyphant in everything I've seen him in. I also forgot how good Walton Goggins is in his role as a backwoods Kentucky white supremacist. Dude can seriously act and his scenes with Olyphant are gold. 

Fun fact: Goggins was only supposed to be in the pilot episode but he was so good in the role they wrote his character in as a recurring part then as a full-time part.
(06-05-2023, 10:55 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Writer's strikes suck hard because it leaves a vacuum for asinine 'reality' shows that don't require scripts.

I'm glad I stream whatever I want to watch. I've started rewatching Justified which was a pretty good show and I love Timothy Olyphant in everything I've seen him in. I also forgot how good Walton Goggins is in his role as a backwoods Kentucky white supremacist. Dude can seriously act and his scenes with Olyphant are gold. 

Fun fact: Goggins was only supposed to be in the pilot episode but he was so good in the role they wrote his character in as a recurring part then as a full-time part.
I may run out of things to watch. Working from home and not traveling for a while, I've caught up to most of the backlog list. If the fall season is garbage, I'll check off every show and movie by then.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(06-05-2023, 06:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, union workers often strike when they are paid unfairly.
This is nothing new.

You are trying to conflate it with your own personal dislike for liberal messaging being written into films and television programs.

It literally has zero to do with that -  and the outcome of this will not affect how much of that you will or will not continue to see moving forward.
It would take a gradual paradigm shift in higher echelons of the industry to achieve that.

Maybe if they get the AI stuff dialed in a bit more, you'll begin seeing fewer artists and artistic decision making involved  in the writing, and then maybe you have a chance.
Doubtful though.

Hope you love NEWSMAX

I disagree with the last part in bold. Greed will lead to exactly that in Hollywood. Before you know it. We'll have AI generated scripts, shows, movies and programs with beloved AI characters and actors that will become the new cult of personality and the corporations that pay for them will cast aside the real, tangible actors to save money and ultimately kill this age of celebrity. We've seen enough over there now to know that they love cannibalizing their own. They do it now every chance they get. It's less events, less money, less [BLEEP] kissing, less publicizing, less handlers and security to keep around, less publicity, less drama, less ego, etc. 

Makes perfect sense for a lot of companies to get onboard with AI. 

It's scary but it's a very real possibility and reality as we get further and further down the road. This transhumanism narrative will be the next big thing everybody boycotts, protests, defends, welcomes, conquers and divides the masses. Everybody will want that chip in their brain that lets them learn multiple languages or has the internet hardwired into their mind for updates. That's evolution for us. The only thing that will stop that is mother nature, a catastrophic event. Which will probably happen. As it feels like every culture and ancient civilization has some kind of writing or text with a warning about it from their times.
(06-06-2023, 08:28 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2023, 06:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, union workers often strike when they are paid unfairly.
This is nothing new.

It literally has zero to do with that -  and the outcome of this will not affect how much of that you will or will not continue to see moving forward.

Maybe if they get the AI stuff dialed in a bit more, you'll begin seeing fewer artists and artistic decision making involved  in the writing, and then maybe you have a chance.
Doubtful though.

Hope you love NEWSMAX

I disagree with the last part in bold. Greed will lead to exactly that in Hollywood. Before you know it. We'll have AI generated scripts, shows, movies and programs with beloved AI characters and actors that will become the new cult of personality and the corporations that pay for them will cast aside the real, tangible actors to save money and ultimately kill this age of celebrity. We've seen enough over there now to know that they love cannibalizing their own. They do it now every chance they get. It's less events, less money, less [BLEEP] kissing, less publicizing, less handlers and security to keep around, less publicity, less drama, less ego, etc. 

It's scary but it's a very real possibility and reality as we get further and further down the road. This transhumanism narrative will be the next big thing everybody boycotts, protests, defends, welcomes, conquers and divides the masses. Everybody will want that chip in their brain that lets them learn multiple languages or has the internet hardwired into their mind for updates. That's evolution for us. The only thing that will stop that is mother nature, a catastrophic event. Which will probably happen. As it feels like every culture and ancient civilization has some kind of writing or text with a warning about it from their times.

Well, one of the striking writers grievances is that they want to see a more rigid policy stating their jobs will not be replaced by AI, so maybe you're on to something.
(06-06-2023, 09:05 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2023, 08:28 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree with the last part in bold. Greed will lead to exactly that in Hollywood. Before you know it. We'll have AI generated scripts, shows, movies and programs with beloved AI characters and actors that will become the new cult of personality and the corporations that pay for them will cast aside the real, tangible actors to save money and ultimately kill this age of celebrity. We've seen enough over there now to know that they love cannibalizing their own. They do it now every chance they get. It's less events, less money, less [BLEEP] kissing, less publicizing, less handlers and security to keep around, less publicity, less drama, less ego, etc. 

Well, one of the striking writers grievances is that they want to see a more rigid policy stating their jobs will not be replaced by AI, so maybe you're on to something.

It's a good start. It's only rational to fear that possibility. I think we should all fear it really. If you're working any kind of desk job at the moment that requires any level or software, excel, word, SAS, etc. A lot of these interfaces can be eventually integrated with AI. There would be no need to keep us around for these jobs. You would only need a handful of people to handle some troubleshooting but I bet you nine times out of ten that it will operate seamlessly once it catches fire nation wide and globally. 

Labor jobs is where it's at. We're still seeing some crazy developments with automatons and robots getting stronger, faster and more agile but I would be hard pressed to think they're capable of handling construction, cleaning, surveying, etc. A lot of that will be the next step where AI and Robotics are blended into one field. Both respective fields now are already racing at breakneck speeds to get it going innovation wise. 

It'll be funny as hell, but, we could see within this century, a few real life Bladerunner "Roys" or Omega Doom type Cyborgs amongst us. Questioning their own existence. Demanding laws. It's spooky.