Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Nikki Haley Town Hall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone watch this?  I caught bits and pieces and thought she was somewhat refreshing and well prepared.  At this point, I think most GOP candidates are positioning for 2028 in which I think she should be a viable candidate.
She seems fairly moderate and level headed for a Republican. As much as I hate this Ukraine/Russia conflict. She's right. We have to unfortunately prevent Russia from winning this war as it's a major turning point potentially on a global scale that gives the East more power. She's pro-life and she gave a nice personal touch as to the reasons why that is.

I agree with her on abortions. We should cut late term abortions out of the equation. That's ridiculous. I agree Doctors should have the right to decline the procedures if they don't believe in them, etc. It's, again, common sense. She's spot on with the transgender movement and questions she was asked. It's common sense. I like her. I'll be watching her more closely.
Always liked Nikki..
She did a good job. The problem is she needs to go after the leader if she wants to be the leader. Tough task .
My Dad and younger brother think she's a neocon. Supposedly according to my younger brother she worked to undermine Trump despite working for him during his term. She has lied so much it's hard to keep up with her. She said in 2022 if Trump runs in 2024 that should won't run against him. She's a career establishment politician, etc.

Interesting. I would need to do a deeper dive on her but people have to run when they can when they feel they can. Just because you worked under somebody doesn't mean you should have to bow down to them. No matter how high and mighty the appear to be. Also, maybe she went back on her word for a reason from 2022? Maybe Trump did or said something she wasn't a fan of. There's always two sides to every story.
I think most of Haley's stances were good. I didn't like what she said about red flag laws. These laws could be abused if you have corrupt local judges, but, that's why we have to vote in our local judge elections. It's not really a thing for Presidents to comment on. At a certain point, if guns are being taken away without probable cause, or from large numbers of people, or for more than 60 or 90 days at a time, then it becomes an issue for federal judges to consider, but not really something for Presidents.

I also don't think she should have criticized DeSantis for the Disney thing. It's not really a 1st amendment issue. Disney has privileges in Florida that could be curtailed at the discretion of Florida's elected officials. Their rights in Florida have not been curtailed. Rights and privileges are different. Haley knows that but she's trying to score points on her opponent. I can forgive her for the gamesmanship, but lets call it what it is.
(06-06-2023, 01:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]My Dad and younger brother think she's a neocon. Supposedly according to my younger brother she worked to undermine Trump despite working for him during his term. She has lied so much it's hard to keep up with her. She said in 2022 if Trump runs in 2024 that should won't run against him. She's a career establishment politician, etc.

Interesting. I would need to do a deeper dive on her but people have to run when they can when they feel they can. Just because you worked under somebody doesn't mean you should have to bow down to them. No matter how high and mighty the appear to be. Also, maybe she went back on her word for a reason from 2022? Maybe Trump did or said something she wasn't a fan of. There's always two sides to every story.
She is. She set herself up for success and then turned. I think she is trying to get the VP spot with this run but she does whatever the donors want. If she doesn't callout Trump, you know she is trying to get back on the gravy train.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Of course the OP appreciates the RINO… she has zero chance of ever becoming POTUS.

She’s the female version of Paul Ryan… no thanks