Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Student called ‘despicable’ by teacher after challenging peer who identifies as a cat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, you could see this one coming from 1,000 miles away. 

My biggest concerns here are the cost of equipping bathrooms with kitty litter, changes in lunchroom menu to add Meow Mix, Kit and Kaboodle etc, and the addition of distemper, rabies and parvovirus vaccines to the Student Health Center requirements (assuming they are made mandatory). Flea meds will also need to be provided, and scratching posts should be installed in the common areas.  Should be easy enough; just cut the Science and Math budgets, cause no one needs those pesky logic-ridden curriculums anyway. We are in the Age of Illogic.

https://nypost.com/2023/06/19/student-ca...a-cat/amp/
My sister-in-law works in admin at our local community college and there is a female student who identifies as a cat. She'll come in to my SILs office and complain that other students don't respect her and whatever else vexes her that particular day. 

That's just one of the things my SIL has to deal with when it comes to all of this crazy identity stuff. I don't understand why this mentality is encouraged.
Meh, the discussion clearly came down to a teacher overstepping and taking issue with two students whose real point was gender, not feline/human. As made clear in the article:

Quote:The students disagreed, telling the teacher, “if you have a vagina you’re a girl and if you have a penis you’re a boy.”

These anecdotal cases that attempt to portray these issues as big, universal problems shouldn't be given much merit IMO. 

Besides, if we have thousands of private schools that teach kids that "the world is 2000 years old and if you don't say the magic words and get dunked in water, you'll burn in agonizing flames for all of eternity" - then a private school in England letting a kid act like a cat seems pretty [BLEEP] reasonable. LOL
Hopefully she grows up and realizes that her education is much more important than choosing to have a mental illness..
ever wonder why the Middle Eastern Muslims don't want their kids to become westernized.
(06-20-2023, 11:10 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]My sister-in-law works in admin at our local community college and there is a female student who identifies as a cat. She'll come in to my SILs office and complain that other students don't respect her and whatever else vexes her that particular day. 

That's just one of the things my SIL has to deal with when it comes to all of this crazy identity stuff. I don't understand why this mentality is encouraged.
Since she can't just give her a few good smacks to the head until she stops pretending, tell her to start just spraying her with water until she leaves. If she's a cat, she'll stay away from the place she gets sprayed.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
(06-20-2023, 11:34 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Meh, the discussion clearly came down to a teacher overstepping and taking issue with two students whose real point was gender, not feline/human. As made clear in the article:

Quote:The students disagreed, telling the teacher, “if you have a vagina you’re a girl and if you have a penis you’re a boy.”

These anecdotal cases that attempt to portray these issues as big, universal problems shouldn't be given much merit IMO. 

Besides, if we have thousands of private schools that teach kids that "the world is 2000 years old and if you don't say the magic words and get dunked in water, you'll burn in agonizing flames for all of eternity" - then a private school in England letting a kid act like a cat seems pretty [BLEEP] reasonable. LOL

According to this article not all Christian schools are alike. I don't know anything about Christian or religious schools since I never went to one but in this day and age I don't think they're as....militaristic as you think they are. I do know not all kids who come out of those schools, or Christian homes for that matter, subscribe to anything religious after they leave. 

From the article:

Belmont University, a private Christian college in Nashville, Tennessee, announced last week it had canceled a scheduled event with Promise Keepers citing a conflict of values.

Promise Keepers, a noted Christian men's ministry, said in a press release the event's cancellation occurred after the ministry released a statement at the end of last month, reaffirming its support for biblical marriage between one man and one woman and what it perceives to be the dangers of gender ideology.

In a recent interview with the Edifi Podcast Network, Promise Keepers CEO Ken Harrison spoke about Belmont's cancellation saying his organization had a signed contract with the university and had advertised it.  Then suddenly, two days before tickets were to go on sale, he received an email from the school saying, "due to recent information we realize our values don't align with your values or something to that effect so we can't do the event here."

The Promise Keepers CEO said he called a vice president at the university to get more information about why the event was canceled. He said he was told it was because of "the statement we put out a week before Pride week."

Belmont informed Promise Keepers leadership that the event could not be held on our campus because a blog the organization posted, 'In Light of June Being Designated as 'Pride Month,' includes comments that we believe unnecessarily fan the flames of culture wars and are harmful to members of our community."

"Belmont and the Fisher Center welcome the opportunity to host and work with a variety of groups that hold disparate opinions, and we encourage the exchange of dialogue. Yet as an ecumenical, Christ-centered institution we are also unequivocal in our belief in the value of each human being, and we are committed to engaging in constructive conversations that demonstrate kindness and seek understanding. We will not knowingly provide a space for any group whose language we believe to lack that same respect," the statement concluded.
(06-21-2023, 04:50 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-20-2023, 11:34 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Meh, the discussion clearly came down to a teacher overstepping and taking issue with two students whose real point was gender, not feline/human. As made clear in the article:

According to this article not all Christian schools are alike. I don't know anything about Christian or religious schools since I never went to one but in this day and age I don't think they're as....militaristic as you think they are. I do know not all kids who come out of those schools, or Christian homes for that matter, subscribe to anything religious after they leave. 

From the article:

Belmont University, a private Christian college in Nashville, Tennessee, announced last week it had canceled a scheduled event with Promise Keepers citing a conflict of values.

Promise Keepers, a noted Christian men's ministry, said in a press release the event's cancellation occurred after the ministry released a statement at the end of last month, reaffirming its support for biblical marriage between one man and one woman and what it perceives to be the dangers of gender ideology.

In a recent interview with the Edifi Podcast Network, Promise Keepers CEO Ken Harrison spoke about Belmont's cancellation saying his organization had a signed contract with the university and had advertised it.  Then suddenly, two days before tickets were to go on sale, he received an email from the school saying, "due to recent information we realize our values don't align with your values or something to that effect so we can't do the event here."

The Promise Keepers CEO said he called a vice president at the university to get more information about why the event was canceled. He said he was told it was because of "the statement we put out a week before Pride week."

Belmont informed Promise Keepers leadership that the event could not be held on our campus because a blog the organization posted, 'In Light of June Being Designated as 'Pride Month,' includes comments that we believe unnecessarily fan the flames of culture wars and are harmful to members of our community."

"Belmont and the Fisher Center welcome the opportunity to host and work with a variety of groups that hold disparate opinions, and we encourage the exchange of dialogue. Yet as an ecumenical, Christ-centered institution we are also unequivocal in our belief in the value of each human being, and we are committed to engaging in constructive conversations that demonstrate kindness and seek understanding. We will not knowingly provide a space for any group whose language we believe to lack that same respect," the statement concluded.

I don't think most Christian schools are militaristic. Probably very few of them are these days. 

I just know that the majority of them offer religious curriculum and some of them require it be studied.
(my niece will be a senior in HS this Fall and she has had a mandatory Bible class every year since 6th grade)
I don't disagree with that at all, I was simply pointing out how many would view those teachings to be just as absurd as a kid acting like a cat. 

The notion of state and federal money being channeled to some of these religious institutions instead of helping struggling public schools is an issue much more worthy of critical discussion than a kid who wants to be a cat and a teacher chiding two students who disagree with her about gender fluidity. 

Yet, you'll not see the NY Post publishing anecdotal articles about "Children taught to believe in so-called Miracles"

I'm also aware many kids are driven there for reasons other than faith and many do not subscribe. 
I, for instance, was raised in a southern Baptist church and household and know the Bible well, but it's probably obvious that I have a more science based philosophy than a religious faith.
If I indentify as a bra, will women respect my rights for me to wrap around them?

Identity politics is self entitlement combined with a whole bunch of stupidity.
(06-22-2023, 08:02 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]If I indentify as a bra, will women respect my rights for me to wrap around them?

That also bestows the right upon me to remove you, one-handed, and cast you upon the floorboard. 

Be careful what you wish for.  Big Grin

Legion
(06-22-2023, 08:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2023, 08:02 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]If I indentify as a bra, will women respect my rights for me to wrap around them?

That also bestows the right upon me to remove you, one-handed, and cast you upon the floorboard. 

Be careful what you wish for.  Big Grin

If you identify as a bra, a transgender may also put you in a close-contact position you would rather avoid.

Like biscuit said, be careful what you wish for.