Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Timbersports is a real thing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's not much going on this week in road cycling running up to the Tour de France starting Saturday so I was surfing youtube for race highlights on races I missed and came across this video. I've watched versions of this before but forgot about them. It's funny the range of events considered a sport. How one gets into this sport is a mystery. Certainly not something you see everyday! If you decide to check it out the competition starts at around the 25 minute mark. 

Link
This is something lol. I will say I definitely consider it more of a sport than something like the E Sports. The men are at least using physical energy and seem in shape.  Though I wonder about how possible risks/dangers of doing this. 

I agree it's interesting to see how many things classify as sports now. And all of the different sports that are being showcased. I have a new channel in my cable package and they feature competitions from sports like bare knuckle boxing and footvolley. I had never even heard of footvolley before lol. I have never really seen those sports displayed before in a competitive level on tv. That channel features more unique sports that aren't really seen elsewhere.
I used to watch this kind of stuff, constantly when it was considered prime programming on the brand new ESPN 2 lolol

That was a while ago lol

Pretty cool stuff though. The log cut, the semi pulls ect.. Just some of the craziest competitions, but fun to watch!

It was always the Swedes that won, dudes were insane lol
Well now you guys have something else to watch while we wait for the preseason. You're welcome! Lol
(06-20-2023, 11:22 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I used to watch this kind of stuff, constantly when it was considered prime programming on the brand new ESPN 2 lolol

That was a while ago lol

Pretty cool stuff though. The log cut, the semi pulls ect.. Just some of the craziest competitions, but fun to watch!

It was always the Swedes that won, dudes were insane lol

Dude I used to watch the Strongman competitions and they're still around. The best one is the Rogue Invitational Strongest Man competition held in the fall. Maybe September or October. They compete the same weekend and at the same venue as the CrossFit athletes do for their Rogue Invitational CrossFit competition. It's interesting to watch both sports at the same time. They're scheduled so you can watch each event.
This is amazing. Wow. 

Link
(06-20-2023, 11:22 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I used to watch this kind of stuff, constantly when it was considered prime programming on the brand new ESPN 2 lolol

That was a while ago lol

Yep, when cable tv only offered 2 sports channels and there wasn't any internet.  Back when Magnús Ver Magnússon was winning the World's Strongest Man competition.
(06-22-2023, 09:02 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

That was a while ago lol

Yep, when cable tv only offered 2 sports channels and there wasn't any internet.  Back when Magnús Ver Magnússon was winning the World's Strongest Man competition.

That was him ^^^

Dude was a beast!!
If chain saw juggling isnt involved, then im not interested.
(06-22-2023, 09:02 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

That was a while ago lol

Yep, when cable tv only offered 2 sports channels and there wasn't any internet.  Back when Magnús Ver Magnússon was Uwinning the World's Strongest Man competition.

Magnus has his own strongman competition in Iceland every year. I remember Žydrūnas Savickas being an absolute beast as well.
As to the timber stuff, I am so old I can remember going to Sea World Ohio and they had all the competitions - log rolling, pole climbs, maybe not hot saw. I loved it. Just north of college campus they held an annual paul bunyan fest with a lot of these events, too.

This is a lot like drag racing, truck pulls. Give someone something with an engine on it, they will find a way to put a bigger engine on it and do things faster, bigger, or louder.