Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jag Haters Brain Sharing Program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems the Jag Bashers are smelling themselves today, because there are at least two videos explaining why Jacksonville isn't really that good.

The first are from Colts fans...of ALL teams.

https://youtu.be/LZE1eFtGtao

The second..?

https://youtu.be/jX3_5zD5bts
clots fan's entire argument is franchise historical records. That's basically confirming he knows he's going to be bending the knee for a long time. It was probably a theme show that he intended to do for each competitor within the division as he mentioned he had already done a show on the tacks. So he committed to doing this show and then had to go find "reasons why" to support his narrative and all he could find is franchise historical records. LOL

Other dude commenting on the two talking heads is fumbling for reasons as well. I'm fine with talking heads saying the Jags aren't there with the Bills, Bengals and Chiefs yet. You've got to beat them and win the games your supposed to win during the season to truly be in legitimate conversations around Super Bowl runs, but for the guy to close his segment with "if the Jags win 10 or 11 games it will be because Trevor took an enormous step forward" I can only retort that if Trevor takes an "enormous" step forward, we will have won several more games than 11 and we'll probably be vying for the 1 seed. Even with some perceived holes on the roster, the roster should be better than last year based on acquired talent, youth maturing and 2nd year in the same system. Contrarians gonna go contrary though I guess.
clots fans are overrated as humans.
Have fun chasing the Jaguars for the next 8-10 years bud. We had to chase you guys for all those years with Manning, now it’s your turn to chase the Jaguars with Lawrence.

Get good big son
Didn't watch the first video. I just finished up the second video. Where he's commenting on the two guys from the tacks camp. Honestly, thought it was fair and valid.

Pass rush is still a concern here. Even the local media guys are bringing it up daily. Justin Houston especially keeps coming up. The offensive line is a concern. Some folks on here, like NYC, were well ahead of most of us.

I had concerns in the two games we lost to the Chiefs. Lawrence had little time in the pocket those games which lead to near misses or busted plays. The concerns with Walker and Lloyd are valid. They didn't do enough as rookies, at times, they flatout got caught lacking and it cost the team dearly.

It's not going to be a 12 - 5 season or better. We're going to be slugging it out to carve out anywhere between 9 - 11 wins. Which is perfectly fine and acceptable. I just want to see progress on offense where the sloppiness is less visible and I want the defense to dig it's out of it's [BLEEP] on 3rd downs and get off the damn football field.

I think that's what we should be looking for in 2023. Maybe another 1 - 1 record in the post season or they got lucky and go 2 - 1. I just have a hard time seeing them topple the Chiefs and Bengals and they should be testing the Ravens and Bills closely to really get a feel of "Alright, we're right around the corner".

Still need to learn how to walk before we can run. The AFC is absolutely loaded with QBs. Any team we face is right around the .500 mark or looking for a 6th or 7th seed. I agree with his take.

Steelers and Browns on the road are not easy games. Especially if the QB play is better. Which is possible. Saints on the road could be challenging with Carr there looking to start fresh. Those three games are the games you're going to look back at by week 17 and say "Damn, if we had gone 2 - 1 or 3 - 0 there, we're not having another butthole pucker of a game for the divisional win".

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Last year, it was 1996. This year, it will feel like 1997. Expect a scrappy team that should be in the play offs with a 10 or 11 win record but temper them back in the post season. Probably get thumped up by a top tier AFC team.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Lol I actually hope everyone in our division thinks we suck until we beat them. Some of the most fun I had last season was trash talking division rivals on reddit/youtube comments the day before the games, all the while they clowned me all night and then after we beatem, nothing but silence.
I doubt we have to reel off 5 straight to win the Division this year, we just need to go 5-1 against the division this year and 5-6 against the rest. 10-7 sounds right. We arent going to creep up on anybody this year, but we should be able to sweep the two teams that are starting rookie QB's. After that, who knows.
(06-23-2023, 10:45 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt we have to reel off 5 straight to win the Division this year, we just need to go 5-1 against the division this year and 5-6 against the rest. 10-7 sounds right. We arent going to creep up on anybody this year, but we should be able to sweep the two teams that are starting rookie QB's.  After that, who knows.

10-7 with this schedule imo would be a very meh season. Don't get me wrong, playoffs are great and all but man.. on paper, theres like 4 or 5 games I can see us losing. I feel like we would have to regress at multiple positions to lose 7 games with the schedule given, that or some of the absolutely awful teams we play miraculously get good outta no where.
(06-23-2023, 11:43 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2023, 10:45 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt we have to reel off 5 straight to win the Division this year, we just need to go 5-1 against the division this year and 5-6 against the rest. 10-7 sounds right. We arent going to creep up on anybody this year, but we should be able to sweep the two teams that are starting rookie QB's.  After that, who knows.

10-7 with this schedule imo would be a very meh season. Don't get me wrong, playoffs are great and all but man.. on paper, theres like 4 or 5 games I can see us losing. I feel like we would have to regress at multiple positions to lose 7 games with the schedule given, that or some of the absolutely awful teams we play miraculously get good outta no where.

Going back to that guys point in that 2nd video about divisional games. How often does a top team within their division actually sweep their divisional opponents? It's very rare. The Chiefs pulled it off last year. The 49ers pulled it off as well. 

I am sure the Patriots probably did it a few times with Belichick and Brady but they even had some clunkers with the Jets and Dolphins from time to time. But, you cannot go into every year thinking you're going to win 5 games or sweep all of your divisional opponents. It's just not common. 

Bengals lost to Pittsburgh, Baltimore & Cleveland last year. Going 3 - 3 and winning their division.
Buffalo lost to Miami & New York last year. Going 4 - 2 and winning their division. 

Looking at us historically. I think any of the road games are 50/50. Regardless of their QB situations. I think historically we have the clots number here at home. I think the tacks are 50/50 here at home. The tinhorns still give us fits. So, there's something to be said to that. I think we'll look back at the divisional road games and the Saints, Steelers and Browns games where it'll be the difference between us entering the play-off's with guns blazing or limping in barely after a lot of games came down to the 12th round in a slugfest. 

This could be a team that really scratches heads and pisses us off as a fanbase this year. You watch. They'll pull some goofy [BLEEP], where, they'll probably upset the Chiefs early at home and curbstomp the Bills in London early, only, they'll turn around later and lay eggs on nationally televised games against the Ravens and Bengals. They'll probably lose in OT to the Saints and then pistol whip the 49ers. They'll probably go 3 - 3 in the division and we might barely win the division.

It'll be exciting nonetheless.
(06-24-2023, 06:55 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2023, 11:43 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]10-7 with this schedule imo would be a very meh season. Don't get me wrong, playoffs are great and all but man.. on paper, theres like 4 or 5 games I can see us losing. I feel like we would have to regress at multiple positions to lose 7 games with the schedule given, that or some of the absolutely awful teams we play miraculously get good outta no where.

Going back to that guys point in that 2nd video about divisional games. How often does a top team within their division actually sweep their divisional opponents? It's very rare. The Chiefs pulled it off last year. The 49ers pulled it off as well. 

I am sure the Patriots probably did it a few times with Belichick and Brady but they even had some clunkers with the Jets and Dolphins from time to time. But, you cannot go into every year thinking you're going to win 5 games or sweep all of your divisional opponents. It's just not common. 

Bengals lost to Pittsburgh, Baltimore & Cleveland last year. Going 3 - 3 and winning their division.
Buffalo lost to Miami & New York last year. Going 4 - 2 and winning their division. 

Looking at us historically. I think any of the road games are 50/50. Regardless of their QB situations. I think historically we have the clots number here at home. I think the tacks are 50/50 here at home. The tinhorns still give us fits. So, there's something to be said to that. I think we'll look back at the divisional road games and the Saints, Steelers and Browns games where it'll be the difference between us entering the play-off's with guns blazing or limping in barely after a lot of games came down to the 12th round in a slugfest. 

This could be a team that really scratches heads and pisses us off as a fanbase this year. You watch. They'll pull some goofy [BLEEP], where, they'll probably upset the Chiefs early at home and curbstomp the Bills in London early, only, they'll turn around later and lay eggs on nationally televised games against the Ravens and Bengals. They'll probably lose in OT to the Saints and then pistol whip the 49ers. They'll probably go 3 - 3 in the division and we might barely win the division.

Not that this team is a juggernaut, but how often does a team face every divisional opponent and those divisional opponents are starting rookie QBs?

In all my years of watching football, I've never seen that situation.

There's no guarantee it happens this year, and there's no guarantee we win even if an opponent starts a rookie QB.  But there's a very good chance we will face 3 rookie QBs when we play our divisional opponents.  While all three have the potential to be good, historically speaking, rookie QBs tend to struggle.  Even all time great Peyton Manning- whose father was an NFL QB-struggled with INTs his rookie year, throwing 28 (ELEVEN more than TLs rookie year-ChrisJagBoy).  Stroud, Levis and Richardson are all rookies and none of whom were likely raised by NFL QBs.

If our divisional opponents are all starting rookie QBs when we play them, it increases out chances of winning those games.  Of course, if the scenario you lay out above unfolds and we end up losing to one or more of our divisional opponents due to stupidity, , it'll be infuriating. If NFL history is any barometer, it's doubtful all three rookie QBs succeed, especially in their rookie years. Nevertheless, I think if there is a year we sweep through our divisional opponents, this would be a year to do it.
It’s not the same “Organization” but cool story…..
(06-23-2023, 11:43 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]10-7 with this schedule imo would be a very meh season. Don't get me wrong, playoffs are great and all but man.. on paper, theres like 4 or 5 games I can see us losing. I feel like we would have to regress at multiple positions to lose 7 games with the schedule given, that or some of the absolutely awful teams we play miraculously get good outta no where.

No, it's not common to sweep all of your division games, but how often are all three of your opponents coming off losing seasons with 2 of the 3 teams being ones that were picking in the top 5 of the draft?  The AFC South teams aren't projected to take a big leap either.  The Las Vegas odds has the Cardinals as the only NFL team with fewer predicted wins this season than the Texans and Colts.  Additionally, as Bullseye mentioned, all three teams drafted a quarterback early.  It's extremely common for quarterbacks to struggle during their rookie year.  Rookie quarterbacks are also even more likely to struggle early in the season.  We have games against the Colts/Texans include weeks 1, 3 and 6.  We play the Titans late, but I think that's a good thing.  They have Tannehill and will likely use him until their season is pretty much over.  Late in the season, they will likely throw in the towel and use Levis to see if he's the guy.  Week 11 is iffy, but I would almost be surprised if we didn't see Levis when we play them in the final game of the season.  I'm not saying the Jaguars are 100% going 6-0.  Every given Sunday is very real in the NFL.  Upsets happen.  However, I think 5-1 or better isn't being unrealistic.  I would be disappointed with 4-2 given the quality of this division.

I think most jaguar fans will agree with the sentiment that I have for this upcoming season, I'm hopeful that this is the first year we really shake off that "because jaguars" moniker, and actually play up to the hype we have. 

It's heavily reliant on Trevor, I think he should only get better going forward... signs are pointing up for once, and it's not just a silly saying from a hopeful fan it seems to be true for once.

I think the only way we truely have a bad season this year is if our defense dosen't improve a bit. I think the offense should be fine, but let's just wait and see.
I watched the second video.  It is definitely a "glass is half empty" point of view with many things that are either misleading or counter points can be made.  He portrays the schedule as super tough.  With two games against each of the AFC South teams and a game against each of the NFC South teams, you have 10 games right there against teams with losing records last year.  The bottom line is that based upon last year's records, the Jaguars have one of the 10 easiest schedules this year.  It's the easiest schedule of any of last year's AFC playoff teams.

Many also think the schedule plays out well for the Jaguars.  With Buffalo being at a neutral site, the Jaguars only play 1 game at a road team's stadium that had a winning record last year and that team only barely had a winning record at 9-8.  That's an opportunity to have a good road record.  Yes, there are some tough home games, but if you have to play tough games, wouldn't you prefer them at home?  It gives the Jaguars a better chance at pulling off some upsets.

The video mentions that the Jaguars needed a big play to beat the Titans at the end of the season.  However, you can do that the other way too.  If a rookie doesn't make a needless roughing the passer penalty in an earlier game, the Jaguars likely not only have another win, but would also have had the tie breaker advantage over the Titans.  The Jaguars would have entered the final game of the season up by 2.5 games and having clinched the division before even stepping on the field against the Titans.  In that scenario, no one is considering the division race to be close.  Again, we're talking about one mistake from one rookie in one game.   

The video also makes too big of a deal out of the Jaguars barely beating the Titans with them playing Dobbs.  Teams have good and bad days and sometimes circumstances come into play.  The Jaguars were playing on a short week against the Titans who came into the game well rested with their prior game being a Thursday night game and even choosing to rest many of their starters in that game.  The video also forgets to mention that the Jaguars faced the Titans four games earlier with Tannehill playing and the Jaguars beat them by 14 points.

While the Jaguars did win some close games (most NFL games are close), they also lost many close games.  The Jaguars had the lead in the 4th quarter in five of their losses.  Another game could have gone to overtime with one more score.  Another game had two missed fields goals that were easily makeable.  If the Jaguars just make one of those two field goals, that's a one score game too.  It wouldn't have taken much to change a lot of these losses into wins and I think Ridley is huge for the Jaguars.  While I don't think they will have gaudy stats, I also think Strange and Bigsby will help in ways that may go under the radar.  In the games the Jaguars did lose early in the season, struggling in the redzone was typically a major reason.  Strange and Bigsby will be very valuable in these situations.  They will also help get first downs and keep drives alive.  Bigsby will also help close out games when the Jaguars have the lead.  Again, five leads in the fourth quarter turned into loses.  While multiple things go into that, having a running back who can kill off the clock is definitely part of it.  That was never ETN's strength.

I also think it's definitely a "half empty" approach to portray winning five straight games to end the regular season as somehow being a negative.  Trevor Lawrence and others showed improvement starting in week 9.  They won 7 of their last 9 regular season games with one of the losses being a road game against the eventual Super Bowl Champions.  For the last 9 games, this was a team that was very hard to beat.  Barring injuries, I see little reason to believe it can't/won't continue into 2023.
(06-24-2023, 09:18 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2023, 06:55 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Going back to that guys point in that 2nd video about divisional games. How often does a top team within their division actually sweep their divisional opponents? It's very rare. The Chiefs pulled it off last year. The 49ers pulled it off as well. 

Not that this team is a juggernaut, but how often does a team face every divisional opponent and those divisional opponents are starting rookie QBs?

The closest I have seen that happen was the 1983 draft.

Five of the six first round QBs taken in that historic draft were taken by AFC East teams.

Baltimore took John Elway
Buffahole took Jim Kelly
New England took Tony Eason
NY Jets took Ken O'Brien
Miami took Dan Marino

There were some notable developments in that draft that differentiates that draft from this one.

1.  Elway never played a down for Baltimore.  He hated Irsay, to the point Elway threatened to play baseball if the Colts retained his rights.  The Colts relented and traded Elway to the Broncos.

2.  Jim Kelly wound up being Buffalo's best ever QB. but did not play for the Bills for two seasons.  Kelly was also drafted that same year by the USFL's Houston Gamblers.  Kelly didn't want to play in Buffalo initially.  The USFL won but lost the antitrust litigation against the NFL.  The jury found the NFL violated antitrust law, but theUSFL was responsible for their own downfall.  The jury awarded the USFL $1 (that'ss NOT a typo) and under treble damages it was tripled, for a judgment of $.  Afterwards the USFL ceased operations and Kelly went to Buffahole.

3.  New England had an established starting QB already in Steve Grogan.

4.  The Jets reached the AFC championship the year before, but lost to Miami.

5.  Miami was fresh off a Super Bowl appearance-a 27-17 loss to Washington in Super Bowl XVII.  Marino did not start the year.  David Woodley, who was QB on that Super Bowl team was the starter.  Marino took over circa week 6 and was one of the few rookie QBs to be successful right out of the box.  The fact he went to a team with an established Super Bowl champion coach in Don freaking Shula on a Super Bowl caliber team speaks volumes.

So of the five first round QBs taken by that division, one never played a down for the team that drafted him (Elway), one didn't play for the team that drafted him for another two years (Kelly), one went to a team with an established and still viable starting QB in Grogan, and two went to teams that made it at least to the AFC title game the year before.

In the AFC South, CJ Stroud went to the Texans second overall.  Elway was considered the greatest prospect of all time when he was drafted.  Stroud was not.  Richardson went 4th overall, and unlike Kelly, who had multiple years as a collegiate starting QB and two more seasons as a starter in the USFL before joining the Bills, Richardson was a college starter for only one year before joining the Colts.  WHile he's phsycally gifted, he'll need a lot more seasoning and experience to hope to be anywhere near as great as Kelly was.  Levis doesn't appear to start immediately for the tacks.  He wasn't even drafted in the first round, and he has an established starter in front of him.  Of the three rookie QBs, two of them are going to defensive head coaches (Vrabel in Tenn and Ryans in Houston).  While there have been any number of QBs who were drafted by teams with defensive coaches who went on to have great careers, more often it takes an offensive coach to properly develop young QBs.

Bottom line:  the QB dynamic in this division strongly favors the Jaguars-at least for this year.
(06-24-2023, 03:52 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]I watched the second video.  It is definitely a "glass is half empty" point of view with many things that are either misleading or counter points can be made.  He portrays the schedule as super tough.  With two games against each of the AFC South teams and a game against each of the NFC South teams, you have 10 games right there against teams with losing records last year.  The bottom line is that based upon last year's records, the Jaguars have one of the 10 easiest schedules this year.  It's the easiest schedule of any of last year's AFC playoff teams.

Many also think the schedule plays out well for the Jaguars.  With Buffalo being at a neutral site, the Jaguars only play 1 game at a road team's stadium that had a winning record last year and that team only barely had a winning record at 9-8.  That's an opportunity to have a good road record.  Yes, there are some tough home games, but if you have to play tough games, wouldn't you prefer them at home?  It gives the Jaguars a better chance at pulling off some upsets.

The video mentions that the Jaguars needed a big play to beat the Titans at the end of the season.  However, you can do that the other way too.  If a rookie doesn't make a needless roughing the passer penalty in an earlier game, the Jaguars likely not only have another win, but would also have had the tie breaker advantage over the Titans.  The Jaguars would have entered the final game of the season up by 2.5 games and having clinched the division before even stepping on the field against the Titans.  In that scenario, no one is considering the division race to be close.  Again, we're talking about one mistake from one rookie in one game.   

The video also makes too big of a deal out of the Jaguars barely beating the Titans with them playing Dobbs.  Teams have good and bad days and sometimes circumstances come into play.  The Jaguars were playing on a short week against the Titans who came into the game well rested with their prior game being a Thursday night game and even choosing to rest many of their starters in that game.  The video also forgets to mention that the Jaguars faced the Titans four games earlier with Tannehill playing and the Jaguars beat them by 14 points.

While the Jaguars did win some close games (most NFL games are close), they also lost many close games.  The Jaguars had the lead in the 4th quarter in five of their losses.  Another game could have gone to overtime with one more score.  Another game had two missed fields goals that were easily makeable.  If the Jaguars just make one of those two field goals, that's a one score game too.  It wouldn't have taken much to change a lot of these losses into wins and I think Ridley is huge for the Jaguars.  While I don't think they will have gaudy stats, I also think Strange and Bigsby will help in ways that may go under the radar.  In the games the Jaguars did lose early in the season, struggling in the redzone was typically a major reason.  Strange and Bigsby will be very valuable in these situations.  They will also help get first downs and keep drives alive.  Bigsby will also help close out games when the Jaguars have the lead.  Again, five leads in the fourth quarter turned into loses.  While multiple things go into that, having a running back who can kill off the clock is definitely part of it.  That was never ETN's strength.

I also think it's definitely a "half empty" approach to portray winning five straight games to end the regular season as somehow being a negative.  Trevor Lawrence and others showed improvement starting in week 9.  They won 7 of their last 9 regular season games with one of the losses being a road game against the eventual Super Bowl Champions.  For the last 9 games, this was a team that was very hard to beat.  Barring injuries, I see little reason to believe it can't/won't continue into 2023.
The double standards employed in the analysis of the 2nd video are spectacular in scope.

They lambaste the Jaguars for having to win their final five games to win the division and make the playoffs.  Perhaps I'm crazy.  Perhaps I'm being a homer, but I would think winning the last 5 games down the stretch to win the division and make the playoffs inspires more confidence than a team that loses seven straight games and 8 out of their last 10 down the stretch.  Yet these "wise guy" wanna bes have nothing to say about that.

The Jaguars also "earned" their scorn by barely beating Tennessee in the season ending game even though the tacks were playing a backup QB.  Yet these denizens of the peanut gallery were silent on the Jaguars blowout win over the same Titans team that had their starting QB a month earlier.
I don't 100% disagree with them. I do think we have the best roster in the south, but I also think the Titans have largely the same team and can compete. I know the Trevor is a good QB and I am happy he's getting the praise, however, he's also done some things. Like in the Dallas game where he gave up the fumble. Or the Chargers game where he nearly gave it to them. I am very excited to see what he can and will do with a full year of the system under his belt. However I watched that NFL Gameday Morning where they put the Jags as Hover. I don't agree with that. I want it to be true but they are going to have to prove to me that the last few games wasn't a fluke. I mean everyone likes to talk about how we played the Chiefs to within a touchdown, yea thats true...but we couldn't stop Chad Henne from marching down the field, and we couldn't stop a 1 legged QB from doing what he wanted.

With all of that said, I think with everyone being in the same system for a 2nd year now and not having to learn everything, the team will be better. Not to mention the addition of Ridley. I hope we beat the pants off everyone in the division, but we gotta prove it rather than talking about it.
I know I've posted in the division forum that the flaming thumb tacks have the best chance to compete in the division (after the Jags.) 

Good coaching + a number of quality players still in the mix means they are probably gonna win a few games that might not look good on paper for them right now.

Versus the Jags, I think the tacks red zone pass defense is a problem they'll have to improve upon if they are going to go toe-to-toe with an offense on the rise. I don't think the week 17 game last year is indicative of how the Jags offense will attack them in 2023. I expect to see the Jags put up points. 
The tacks did add a new defensive passing game coach, so we'll see how he addresses the 33 TDs they allowed through the air last year.

And of course, we can count on Arden Key to single-handedly build a new culture in Nashville like he did in Jacksonville, so their resolve will be unflappable. /s
(06-23-2023, 11:43 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]

I think it will be interesting to see how the team fares now that they are the team with the target on their back. No more sneaking up on teams and surprising them, they are going to prepare for us like a legit contender. We may have gotten a fortunate draw in our extra-divisional schedules - AFCN has two established teams in BAL/CIN and I don't think you can dismiss PIT or CLE as gimmes; NFCS is a division in flux, and should be less daunting. Three other division winners will pose a challenge.

I like to budget for a faceplant or two along the way, you usually have that headscratcher game where either you can't get a gameplan working, or the refs shaft you on a bad call, and stats and metrics go out the window. More than likely that'll be a tinhorn or failcons game, always seems to be the case.
(06-24-2023, 09:18 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2023, 06:55 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Going back to that guys point in that 2nd video about divisional games. How often does a top team within their division actually sweep their divisional opponents? It's very rare. The Chiefs pulled it off last year. The 49ers pulled it off as well. 

There's no guarantee it happens this year, and there's no guarantee we win even if an opponent starts a rookie QB.  But there's a very good chance we will face 3 rookie QBs when we play our divisional opponents.  While all three have the potential to be good, historically speaking, rookie QBs tend to struggle.  Even all time great Peyton Manning- whose father was an NFL QB-struggled with INTs his rookie year, throwing 28 (ELEVEN more than TLs rookie year-ChrisJagBoy).  Stroud, Levis and Richardson are all rookies and none of whom were likely raised by NFL QBs.

If our divisional opponents are all starting rookie QBs when we play them, it increases out chances of winning those games.  Of course, if the scenario you lay out above unfolds and we end up losing to one or more of our divisional opponents due to stupidity, , it'll be infuriating. If NFL history is any barometer, it's doubtful all three rookie QBs succeed, especially in their rookie years. Nevertheless, I think if there is a year we sweep through our divisional opponents, this would be a year to do it.

It's rare as well. However, it's doubtful we'll see three rookies in six games this year. Tannehill still has his job. Also, how often do you see three rookies come into the NFL and flat out stink it up? One of those guys will more than likely get lucky and catch fire from time to time. Richardson could pull a Mariota and run all over our defense if we get caught sleeping. Stroud is probably the most accurate and ready to go passer, and, reminder, the tinhorns didn't need a QB to beat us last year at home. They did it with a running game and a defense that held us in check. 

I think the coaching in this division got better in the offseason. The tinhorns and clots made good decisions with their hirings. I agree with the likelihood of these QB's not all making it. However, it's not just the QB's we have to worry about. Vrabel is a good coach. He'll figure out a way to beat you if he has to. Ryans is all about defense. Steichen is coming over from the Eagles as an offensive minded coach and he could very well turn Richardson into another Hurts type QB. I will be pleasantly surprised and beyond happy if they go 6 - 0 in this division.

That would be a franchise first would it not? How sweet it would be.