Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: "THE BANK" could become "EverBank Stadium"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
EverBank Field became TIAA Bank Field, and now with both banks owned by TIAA, they apparently want to revert promote EverBank again. 

Most reports I'm seeing are claiming "EverBank Stadium" not EverBank Field" will be the new moniker. 

https://twitter.com/jaxdotcom/status/167...53825?s=20

https://twitter.com/jaxdotcom/status/167...53825?s=20
Didn’t TIAA absorb EverBank into their company when they bought them a few years ago? Why are they bringing back that name now?
I just received a notification from Jaguars.com that it will be EverBank Stadium.

(06-23-2023, 05:49 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]Didn’t TIAA absorb EverBank into their company when they bought them a few years ago? Why are they bringing back that name now?

Probably because it’s easier to say than TIAA Bank.

https://www.jaguars.com/news/tiaa-bank-t...orward-loo
(06-23-2023, 05:49 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]Didn’t TIAA absorb EverBank into their company when they bought them a few years ago? Why are they bringing back that name now?

TIAA is selling to a new buyer that will apparently focus on retirement and investment accounts.

Ostensibly, the new owners want to rebrand and they already own the licensing for "EverBank" which also makes sense for the bank's new focus.
(06-23-2023, 05:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

TIAA is selling to a new buyer that will apparently focus on retirement and investment accounts.

Ostensibly, the new owners want to rebrand and they already own the licensing for "EverBank" which also makes sense for the bank's new focus.

Thanks!
Idk why but I liked the name"Altel Stadium"
Everbank Stadium > Everbank Field
(06-23-2023, 09:22 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Idk why but I liked the name"Altel Stadium"

It was a decent name...as was Everbank.

Conversely, I don't think anyone liked TIAA...
(06-24-2023, 10:11 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2023, 09:22 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Idk why but I liked the name"Altel Stadium"

TIAA just doesn't flow when you say it.  Plus, nobody from out of town even knows what it is.
TIAA, EverBank, or whoever they are, would be crazy not to jump on a naming rights deal for an ascending team in a stadium that is more than likely to get a big facelift along with an entertainment district. Easy marketing decision.
(06-24-2023, 10:18 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2023, 10:11 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]It was a decent name...as was Everbank.

TIAA just doesn't flow when you say it.  Plus, nobody from out of town even knows what it is.
Yes.  TIAA Bank Field was verbally cumbersome.
As long as we can keep saying 'Lock down the bank' I guess. It's a clean, familiar stadium name.
TiAA - sounds like a type of stroke
Welcome to "TrevorBank Stadium". Nice ring to it.
(06-25-2023, 03:08 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to "TrevorBank Stadium". Nice ring to it.

Economic indicators in the second half of last season demonstrated Trevor is able to generate positive cash flow. However, let’s see if he is able to continue generating favorable growth in his predicted revenue forecast.
Thank God. TIAA Bank Field had to be a nightmare for commentators and others having to say it more than once a season. I still prefer Everbank Field over Everbank Stadium but I'll take it.
(06-24-2023, 10:11 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]

Its funny because half the time i forget it was called TIAA.. even tho ive been there many times and drive past it often

(06-25-2023, 03:08 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to "TrevorBank Stadium". Nice ring to it.

Ha, i can already imagine if we build a new stadium and Trevor continues playing well everyone gonna call it “TrevorBank, where T Law cashes in the W’s”

Lol he will be emptying the bank with his next contract thats for sure.  Wish i could buy stock in these guys.
Pages: 1 2