Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Grooming Children
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This comes up frequently in multiple threads. 

Just wanted to cast the net a little bit wider. 

While I've spoken in defense of the alphabet soup "queer" community and believe that young people trying to find their way need to know they aren't alone, there are obvious limits where we all say "too much, too soon." 

That said, if we have people railing against Disney and attempting to make it illegal to perform in drag, can we go ahead and finally get rid of this bull [BLEEP]? 

[Image: grooming-23.png]

I'm not even going to go down the road of dressing up your 5 year old in political campaign gear and posing them with an assault rifle in your Christmas card photo, but that's dumb as [BLEEP] too. Left, right or sideways. 

Anyway, I'd love it if we didn't force adult stress on kids until they are actually ready to begin accepting it in measured doses.
Agreed. Most of these pageants are nothing more than fat cow mommas attempting to live vicariously through their kids. All it does is rob children of their innocence and make them fodder of pedophiles.
Wait, without Beauty Pageants, we would never get classic responses such as this ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww
100% that's grooming.. And honestly, can be just as dangerous as other areas of grooming. It can easily cause not only mental disorders, but physical ones as well since they're being taught to "look their prettiest" at all times.

I wonder how many of them grew up and developed bulimia.. I'm willing to say, quite a few.
(06-26-2023, 10:43 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed. Most of these pageants are nothing more than fat cow mommas attempting to live vicariously through their kids. All it does is rob children of their innocence and make them fodder of pedophiles.

..... not to mention Competitive Cheer .... glad that's over with !!!  Luckily my wife was a chilled out one and focused more on prepping my daughter for the competition (e.g. styling her hair) and didn't get caught up with the drama mamas.   The mothers would actually watch video replays of the competition in attempt to identify which girl wasn't in sync 100% of the time, resulting in a 2nd place finish.  "If you're not 1st, your last."
My daughter is in dance and she wants to stay in dance. She's never really expressed much interest or awareness of if outfits are too skimpy or if moves are too sexy, and we haven't at all imposed that on her. She's still young, and so far everything they've had her do hasn't at pushed that envelope.

I have heard stories of other parents of girls my daughter's age demanding that costumes and song selections change over these issues, but I haven't had to. Yet the school's recital featured some 8 year olds, not my daughter, dancing to "all legs no dairy." I would have not allowed my daughter to be in that. If the girls are old enough to understand the meaning of the lyrics and the moves that's one thing, but these were not. To me that defines grooming, teaching them things that their own bodies haven't taught them yet. People forget that like 4 out of 5 victims of child sexual abuse are female. Who knows who might have been in the audience for that show. Why bait predators like that?
I'm in agreement. I have felt this way for years. I remember watching Little Miss Sunshine in the theater after hearing that it was a great film, only to leave with a profound sense of sadness. I'd happily support measures to ban these.
Any level of objectifying children into adulthood or "dolling" and "dressing" up should be completely stomped out. I am 110% in agreement and in favor of doing away with this nonsense. There's a time and place for it. Should start well after the age of 18.

The amount of pressure we see in today's society and media to look good or feel good now about being unhealthy is interesting and yet depressing. I still struggle off and on with my weight and body image. Even at 35. There's a need to stay lean, feel better when I wake up in the morning, etc.

I just wish we could take our school systems back from these people across the board. I would like to see children learning basics again. Teach them respect, teach them how to help out and help others. Teach them how to celebrate others without going overboard with it. It's not that hard and it really shouldn't be so polarizing and confusing like it is today.

My son is three years old and I am [BLEEP] terrified of putting him into the public school system. I don't have the time and energy to work well over 40 hours a week, maintain the household and then have to worry about learning what he's learning so I can teach him how to comply, for now, while understanding that it's all a bunch of nonsense.

It's miserable. My brothers and my Sister-in-Laws are already getting ahead of this with my nieces. They're looking at homeschooling early already.
(06-26-2023, 04:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Any level of objectifying children into adulthood or "dolling" and "dressing" up should be completely stomped out. I am 110% in agreement and in favor of doing away with this nonsense. There's a time and place for it. Should start well after the age of 18.

The amount of pressure we see in today's society and media to look good or feel good now about being unhealthy is interesting and yet depressing. I still struggle off and on with my weight and body image. Even at 35. There's a need to stay lean, feel better when I wake up in the morning, etc.

I just wish we could take our school systems back from these people across the board. I would like to see children learning basics again. Teach them respect, teach them how to help out and help others. Teach them how to celebrate others without going overboard with it. It's not that hard and it really shouldn't be so polarizing and confusing like it is today.

My son is three years old and I am [BLEEP] terrified of putting him into the public school system. I don't have the time and energy to work well over 40 hours a week, maintain the household and then have to worry about learning what he's learning so I can teach him how to comply, for now, while understanding that it's all a bunch of nonsense.

It's miserable. My brothers and my Sister-in-Laws are already getting ahead of this with my nieces. They're looking at homeschooling early already.
Have you actually gone to your child’s school and done some research or you’re just basing this off of twitter?

That’s a genuine question and not meant to be rude.

Because the basics are 100% still being taught. In fact phonics is making a big comeback and you’ll see a drastic improvement in their reading levels as well as comprehension. Everything you wrote that you wanted in schools is still happening. I do it every day. Compassion, respect, humility, hard work…. It’s all still being taught. I didn’t do a single pride related activity this school year and never have.

My advice to everyone with kids in school (and take it or leave it) is to just be an active parent. Ask questions if you want to know but don’t base your assumptions off of twitter. 99.9% of teachers are there with your child’s best interest at heart. Are there some bad eggs? Sure are. Just like every profession. But teachers wouldn’t show up day in and day out, busting their buts to mess with your child. They are there to teach. We don’t want to be a parent. That’s your job. We are there to teach.

Again. There are some bad ones but most are really great.
(06-26-2023, 05:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2023, 04:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Any level of objectifying children into adulthood or "dolling" and "dressing" up should be completely stomped out. I am 110% in agreement and in favor of doing away with this nonsense. There's a time and place for it. Should start well after the age of 18.

Have you actually gone to your child’s school and done some research or you’re just basing this off of twitter?

Because the basics are 100% still being taught. In fact phonics is making a big comeback and you’ll see a drastic improvement in their reading levels as well as comprehension. Everything you wrote that you wanted in schools is still happening. I do it every day. Compassion, respect, humility, hard work…. It’s all still being taught. I didn’t do a single pride related activity this school year and never have.

My advice to everyone with kids in school (and take it or leave it) is to just be an active parent. Ask questions if you want to know but don’t base your assumptions off of twitter. 99.9% of teachers are there with your child’s best interest at heart. Are there some bad eggs? Sure are. Just like every profession. But teachers wouldn’t show up day in and day out, busting their buts to mess with your child. They are there to teach. We don’t want to be a parent. That’s your job. We are there to teach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv2PgWmQ1Lo
(06-26-2023, 01:54 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]My daughter is in dance and she wants to stay in dance. She's never really expressed much interest or awareness of if outfits are too skimpy or if moves are too sexy, and we haven't at all imposed that on her.  She's still young, and so far everything they've had her do hasn't at pushed that envelope. 

I have heard stories of other parents of girls my daughter's age demanding that costumes and song selections change over these issues, but I haven't had to.  Yet the school's recital featured some 8 year olds,  not my daughter, dancing to "all legs no dairy."  I would have not allowed my daughter to be in that.  If the girls are old enough to understand the meaning of the lyrics and the moves that's one thing, but these were not.  To me that defines grooming, teaching them things that their own bodies haven't taught them yet.  People forget that like 4 out of 5 victims of child sexual abuse are female. Who knows who might have been in the audience for that show.  Why bait predators like that?

I had to look up all legs no dairy. Yeah, that’s a little inappropriate for 8-year-olds.
Cletus mistakes his anecdotal experience for truth and uses this to dismiss legitimate concerns about radicals trying to take over our education system. The one-offs are not a threat. If that's all this was, i wouldn't care. What we are seeing is not a happenstance, though. It's an orchestrated movement. I'm glad it hasn't made it to your school yet.
(06-26-2023, 05:32 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Cletus mistakes his anecdotal experience for truth and uses this to dismiss legitimate concerns about radicals trying to take over our education system. The one-offs are not a threat. If that's all this was, i wouldn't care. What we are seeing is not a happenstance, though. It's an orchestrated movement. I'm glad it hasn't made it to your school yet.

I've been a client of mainstream daycares and public schools for 10 years now.  My experience matches Cleatwood's.
They do a "rainbow week" around October where you're supposed to wear a different color each day, but it's to teach the kindergarteners their colors, no sex or gender issue.  I asked the teachers and my kids. I've never had to object to any of the lessons that come home.
Problem solved. Great job, guys.
(06-26-2023, 05:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]

He's three. So, no. He's not in school yet and we fully intend on being engaged and reading up on what our options are for him. No offense taken. I don't mind being an active parent. Hell, I have to be. He's three. And I'll continue to be active throughout his life until he's fully grown and out on his own. I don't want to end up like a Helicopter parent but at the same time, again, parents should be able to trust these school systems to not indoctrinate their political and agenda pushing narratives onto them.

You wanted God and American Flag worship removed from school. No more pledging allegiance. Fine. Don't turn around now only to promote pseudoscience and Rainbow Flag worship. Because it sure as [BLEEP] feels that way every time I see something. Go watch some of those PTA meetings and parents going off at schoolboard meetings. Those are valid. It's not like their concerns are falling out of the sky or it's trendy to take time out of your schedule being an employee somewhere or parent to [BLEEP] go off on people you're trusting with your children essentially 30+ hours a week. 

I get the parent Vs. teaching aspect. Children need to be taught these things at home. But, also, don't teach them a bunch of BS either. Otherwise, you're probably going to get an unruly child that's already been fully indoctrinated at home.
(06-27-2023, 08:16 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2023, 05:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Have you actually gone to your child’s school and done some research or you’re just basing this off of twitter?

He's three. So, no. He's not in school yet and we fully intend on being engaged and reading up on what our options are for him. No offense taken. I don't mind being an active parent. Hell, I have to be. He's three. And I'll continue to be active throughout his life until he's fully grown and out on his own. I don't want to end up like a Helicopter parent but at the same time, again, parents should be able to trust these school systems to not indoctrinate their political and agenda pushing narratives onto them.

You wanted God and American Flag worship removed from school. No more pledging allegiance. Fine. Don't turn around now only to promote pseudoscience and Rainbow Flag worship. Because it sure as [BLEEP] feels that way every time I see something. Go watch some of those PTA meetings and parents going off at schoolboard meetings. Those are valid. It's not like their concerns are falling out of the sky or it's trendy to take time out of your schedule being an employee somewhere or parent to [BLEEP] go off on people you're trusting with your children essentially 30+ hours a week. 

I get the parent Vs. teaching aspect. Children need to be taught these things at home. But, also, don't teach them a bunch of BS either. Otherwise, you're probably going to get an unruly child that's already been fully indoctrinated at home.

Look into charter schools near you as well.  Being a charter school alone doesn't necessarily guarantee anything, but some are brought into existence specifically because of the concerns you mention with the public school system.  If you haven't looked into them yet, do it now.  Some will be difficult if not impossible to get into when it's time for him to start school.  The more of a head start you have, the better your odds of getting him in.
(06-27-2023, 08:24 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2023, 08:16 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]He's three. So, no. He's not in school yet and we fully intend on being engaged and reading up on what our options are for him. No offense taken. I don't mind being an active parent. Hell, I have to be. He's three. And I'll continue to be active throughout his life until he's fully grown and out on his own. I don't want to end up like a Helicopter parent but at the same time, again, parents should be able to trust these school systems to not indoctrinate their political and agenda pushing narratives onto them.

Look into charter schools near you as well.  Being a charter school alone doesn't necessarily guarantee anything, but some are brought into existence specifically because of the concerns you mention.  If you haven't looked into them yet, do it now.  Some will be difficult to get into when it's time for him to start school.  The more of a head start you have, the better your odds of getting in.

Yeah. We're considering that route. Maybe even a Montessori style education earlier on. He's high energy already for his age. I can already sense them coming down on him and trying to medicate him early. I think if he can go outside and learn while being active most of the time or something that's more engaging it should benefit his development earlier on. I never want to see my son's light dim or his sense of fire and energy burnout. It makes him who he is.

It would crush my [BLEEP] spirit.
(06-27-2023, 08:16 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2023, 05:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Have you actually gone to your child’s school and done some research or you’re just basing this off of twitter?

They still do the pledge every morning in both FL and MD.
(06-27-2023, 08:41 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2023, 08:16 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]He's three. So, no. He's not in school yet and we fully intend on being engaged and reading up on what our options are for him. No offense taken. I don't mind being an active parent. Hell, I have to be. He's three. And I'll continue to be active throughout his life until he's fully grown and out on his own. I don't want to end up like a Helicopter parent but at the same time, again, parents should be able to trust these school systems to not indoctrinate their political and agenda pushing narratives onto them.

They still do the pledge every morning in both FL and MD.

Lucky us and MD I guess.
(06-26-2023, 05:40 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2023, 05:32 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Cletus mistakes his anecdotal experience for truth and uses this to dismiss legitimate concerns about radicals trying to take over our education system. The one-offs are not a threat. If that's all this was, i wouldn't care. What we are seeing is not a happenstance, though. It's an orchestrated movement. I'm glad it hasn't made it to your school yet.

I've been a client of mainstream daycares and public schools for 10 years now.  My experience matches Cleatwood's.
They do a "rainbow week" around October where you're supposed to wear a different color each day, but it's to teach the kindergarteners their colors, no sex or gender issue.  I asked the teachers and my kids. I've never had to object to any of the lessons that come home.

And it just happens to fall in the month of October, when in 1994 a coalition of education based organizations designated October to be LGBT Month.

If you are learning colors, why do you need to limit the selection to rainbow colors.  If my freaking kids are just learning the rainbow colors in kindgergarten there's something drastically wrong.   Most websites state that children learn the basic colors by 18 months and no later than 2 years old.
Pages: 1 2