Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2023 Fantasy League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm preparing for a fantasy league, and I fed last year's stats into excel in a way that you can see what the scores would be in standard scoring as well as some common scoring variations.  The commish is debating doing a system involving PPR and/or first downs, so I want to be ready.
I then have it automatically sort the scores, and then it computes a "draft score" for the player.  The draft score is the total fantasy points the player had, minus the total fantasy points that a replacement player got. The replacement player is the 10th best QB, 20th best RB, 30th best WR/TE, etc.
I've done this before, and almost always the system spits out that you should draft an RB first.  Not this year.  The math says draft Mahomes first.  He's that good.  If you do half PPR then Mahomes goes to #5 and at full PPR Mahomes is #7.  But he's first round regardless.
Another interesting and surprising tweak is if you find yourself in a league that does points per first down, Mahomes may not even be the most valuable QB.  Josh Allen becomes the top QB, Mahomes below him, and also in the top 10 is Jalen Hurts. 3 QBs in the first round for this scoring system.

Happy drafting!