Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Happy 4th from Ronald Reagan!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Patrts of Reagan's speech at the reopening of the Statue of Liberty, July 4th 1986
Quote:"our Presidents and leaders have spoken of national unity and warned us that the real obstacle to moving forward the boundaries of freedom, the only permanent danger to the hope that is America, comes from within. It’s easy enough to dismiss this as a kind of familiar exhortation. Yet the truth is that even two of our greatest Founding Fathers, John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, once learned this lesson late in life. They’d worked so closely together in Philadelphia for independence. But once that was gained and a government was formed, something called partisan politics began to get in the way...
...My fellow Americans, it falls to us to keep faith with them and all the great Americans of our past. Believe me, if there’s one impression I carry with me after the privilege of holding for five-and-a-half years the office held by Adams and Jefferson and Lincoln, it is this: that the things that unite us—America’s past of which we’re so proud, our hopes and aspirations for the future of the world and this much-loved country—these things far outweigh what little divides us. And so tonight we reaffirm that Jew and gentile, we are one nation under God; that black and white, we are one nation indivisible; that Republican and Democrat, we are all Americans.

Happy 4th!
Lol
Good message mike wish we would all focus on what unites us instead of divides us
There will never be another Reagan.
The problem is that Reagan was actually proud of America. We are now overrun by those who are not.

Well that and so many Democrat voters aren't actually Americans. Or alive. Or human.
Not only that, there is no desire for compromise. Moderates who think you can reach across the aisle while simultaneously adopting the language of the left make me laugh.
Compromise is maybe the wrong word.
If I want something to be illegal, but you want it to be legal, there might not be a way we could compromise such that the thing is "halfway" legal.
A good compromise is a deal that works across multiple issues. I get my way on one issue, you get your way on a separate issue. Some political scientists call it logrolling.
There are plenty of things that our representatives are ambivalent about, that they would be willing to enact if they got something they wanted in exchange, but our infinitely divided media structure would not be friendly to such a thing.
(07-04-2023, 11:46 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]There will never be another Reagan.

Yes, there will be another Ronald Reagan, it's just that this one is an idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm2XiOvL_Fg
(07-05-2023, 11:50 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2023, 11:46 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]There will never be another Reagan.

Yes, there will be another Ronald Reagan, it's just that this one is an idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm2XiOvL_Fg

He looks like he's related to Bill Gates.