Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Man who murdered a Tulsa Police Sargent sentenced to death
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
About a year ago, a jury decided that David Allen Ware, who shot two Tulsa police officers multiple times, killing one and permanently disabling the other, will be killed by lethal injection.

Why am I bringing this up now?  Well, I didn't even hear about it until 2 days ago.  The story was only covered in local news in Oklahoma.  The national media decided not to cover it.  

A few of you like to say, "never trust the media," to which I always say, "they're not making stuff up." And they're not.
And then a few if you say, "Fine, they're not making stuff up.  But they're refusing to cover this stuff that they should cover," and then you barrage us with links that, for me, don't really move the needle.  AOC said something.  Some lady with rainbow hair was mean to a cashier.  So what.  

But this is definitely a case of the media refusing to cover stuff that they should cover.  The two officers repeatedly gave Ware lawful orders, and Ware never even hinted at complying with them.   They never drew guns on him, tasers and pepper spray only.  Which would have been fine if there was no gun in the car, or if Mr. Ware decided not to use his gun that night.  The media wants us to have a conversation about police use of deadly force, but they aren't presenting all of the relevant facts for that. This incident happened about 2 months after George Floyd was murdered, for reference. 2020 was apparently too busy of a year for this to make the conversation.
(07-05-2023, 08:46 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]About a year ago, a jury decided that David Allen Ware, who shot two Tulsa police officers multiple times, killing one and permanently disabling the other, will be killed by lethal injection.

Why am I bringing this up now?  Well, I didn't even hear about it until 2 days ago.  The story was only covered in local news in Oklahoma.  The national media decided not to cover it.  

A few of you like to say, "never trust the media," to which I always say, "they're not making stuff up." And they're not.
And then a few if you say, "Fine, they're not making stuff up.  But they're refusing to cover this stuff that they should cover," and then you barrage us with links that, for me, don't really move the needle.  AOC said something.  Some lady with rainbow hair was mean to a cashier.  So what.  

But this is definitely a case of the media refusing to cover stuff that they should cover.  The two officers repeatedly gave Ware lawful orders, and Ware never even hinted at complying with them.   They never drew guns on him, tasers and pepper spray only.  Which would have been fine if there was no gun in the car, or if Mr. Ware decided not to use his gun that night.  The media wants us to have a conversation about police use of deadly force, but they aren't presenting all of the relevant facts for that.  This incident happened about 2 months after George Floyd was murdered,  for reference.  2020 was apparently too busy of a year for this to make the conversation.

That's because David Allen Ware is white and he doesn't fit the mainstream narrative of fueling racial tension and fears in the US. Just like that guy that went crazy a few months ago along the border of Mexico and ran over a bunch of immigrants. He was not white. He was of Latin descent and had gang tattoos all over him but the media quickly moved along from that story. Since, again, it does not fit the mainstream narrative of "Wypippo bad, non-wypippo good".

Also, here's what most of you missed during that little Titan / Titantic ship sinking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwfUMSJfCow
(07-05-2023, 08:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2023, 08:46 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]About a year ago, a jury decided that David Allen Ware, who shot two Tulsa police officers multiple times, killing one and permanently disabling the other, will be killed by lethal injection.

But this is definitely a case of the media refusing to cover stuff that they should cover.  The two officers repeatedly gave Ware lawful orders, and Ware never even hinted at complying with them.   They never drew guns on him, tasers and pepper spray only.  Which would have been fine if there was no gun in the car, or if Mr. Ware decided not to use his gun that night.  The media wants us to have a conversation about police use of deadly force, but they aren't presenting all of the relevant facts for that.  This incident happened about 2 months after George Floyd was murdered,  for reference.  2020 was apparently too busy of a year for this to make the conversation.

That's because David Allen Ware is white and he doesn't fit the mainstream narrative of fueling racial tension and fears in the US. Just like that guy that went crazy a few months ago along the border of Mexico and ran over a bunch of immigrants. He was not white. He was of Latin descent and had gang tattoos all over him but the media quickly moved along from that story. Since, again, it does not fit the mainstream narrative of "Wypippo bad, non-wypippo good".

Also, here's what most of you missed during that little Titan / Titantic ship sinking:

I suspect that if Ware turned out to be unarmed, and ended up getting shot and killed by the cops, it would have made national news regardless of his race.

The narrative they're pushing is more "police are killing unarmed people".

For instance we had a police officer kill an unarmed man in Orlando 2 days ago. We don't know the race of this person yet. Nor do we know the race of the cop. But it seems to be a bigger story already than the Tulsa story was.
(07-05-2023, 09:25 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2023, 08:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]That's because David Allen Ware is white and he doesn't fit the mainstream narrative of fueling racial tension and fears in the US. Just like that guy that went crazy a few months ago along the border of Mexico and ran over a bunch of immigrants. He was not white. He was of Latin descent and had gang tattoos all over him but the media quickly moved along from that story. Since, again, it does not fit the mainstream narrative of "Wypippo bad, non-wypippo good".

I suspect that if Ware turned out to be unarmed, and ended up getting shot and killed by the cops, it would have made national news regardless of his race.

The narrative they're pushing is more "police are killing unarmed people".

Highly, highly debatable (part in bold). But, carry on. 

The narrative that's being pushed is interesting. I would liken it to being squeezed up against a wall fashioned with spikes. 

The wall pushing us towards the spikes: Police are killing unarmed people! 
The wall of spikes: We need to go after 2A to make it harder for citizens to arm and protect themselves! 

That's the comical part in all of this. We fear living in a police and surveilliance state, yet, we're seeing the same people going after laws and the ability to protect us from said police and surveillance. Make it make sense.