Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hopkins to the Titans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/statu...91044?s=20

Campbell gonna lock is [BLEEP] down
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1680...05376?s=20

Im glad Hopkins went to the Titans instead of the Chiefs
I look forward to Tyson Campbell making his life hell vs the Jags.

Even at Nuke's 31 years of age, I reckon Vrabel gets another 900 yards tacked onto his offense with a Tannehill to Hopkins hookup this year... IF he stays healthy and that's apparently a very ominous "if" these days.
TN is going to be a tough out now.

Their injuries caused their collapse but they have a solid team and if they stay healthy they are going to be a tough out in the AFC.

They have some of the the best skill players in the AFC South and the best defense in the AFC by far. That DL is going to be full tilt nasty.

We're going to have to earn it this year. No gifts this year.
(07-16-2023, 04:52 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: [ -> ]TN is going to be a tough out now. 

Their injuries caused their collapse but they have a solid team and if they stay healthy they are going to be a tough out in the AFC. 

They have some of the the best skill players in the AFC South and the best defense in the AFC by far.  That DL is going to be full tilt nasty. 

We're going to have to earn it this year.  No gifts this year.

Best path is to outscore them early and stay aggressive with any pass rush and blitz scheme we can manufacture.

Can't let their defense win the first half. Their red zone defense is still a problem for them until it isn't. Remains to be seen if they can fix that. 

We've got the horses to beat them that way, but we have to execute early and often.
Campbell gonna mess him up real bad
Hmm...not ideal. I have a gut feeling that no matter what the experts say the AFC South is going to be knock down drag out fight to the end.
(07-16-2023, 04:52 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: [ -> ]TN is going to be a tough out now. 

They have some of the the best skill players in the AFC South and the best defense in the AFC by far.  That DL is going to be full tilt nasty. 

We're going to have to earn it this year.  No gifts this year.

Sorry bud, your team still sucks.
It doesn’t move the needle for the titans. I do agree however that us jags fans will be concerned on both games vs the titans because it’s the titans.
its going to be hard for the jags to pass rush any team in nfl,our best pass rusher/qb pressure is with the tittians  now. Key  was always around when any other player acctutly got a sack. we lost a great player,and also a traior when he went to tittians.
He’s more name than game these days. I honestly expect the tacks to be an awful team that’s going to be trading off players left and right mid season. They peaked 2 years ago and blew their shot. I’ll be shocked if they’re not in full rebuild mode next offseason.
(07-17-2023, 08:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/Nika989/status/16807...26720?s=20

Haha
(07-16-2023, 07:39 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm...not ideal.  I have a gut feeling that no matter what the experts say the AFC South is going to be knock down drag out fight to the end.

I agree. I don't see us winning this division as early as some people hope. It could come down to the last two, three weeks of the year. Cannot sleep on the tacks. They'll be looking to knock our heads off here at home and up there on the road after they got swept last year and eliminated. They still dragged it out with us in the season finale and Henry was having his way with our defense in that first half up there until the fumble happened. 

We need to stop drinking the kool aid here as a fanbase. It's all fun and games until the actual regular season starts and reality begins to sink in. I am hoping we'll see more of their 2nd half of last season show up early in the 1st half of this season, but, they still have to show that they can:

1. Actually bury the QB in the pocket instead of just buzzing around their earholes like gnats. 
2. Buy more time for our QB so he can make the longer reads and hit the deeper plays downfield. 
3. Protect the football on offense inside the redzone. 
4. Get off the field on defense on 3rd downs instead of making the costly mental error that gives our opponent a fresh set of downs and new life. 

Doug kept saying "complimentary football" last season. I am looking for "competent football" in year two. When you start playing more competently you don't need to play as complimentary anymore until it's the bigger opponents with bigger names to contest with. We only have four of those games this season. Chiefs, Bills, Bengals & Ravens. Those are the games they need to show up in and put away. If they split that series I would be impressed. If they go 0 - 4 in that series? It would give me pause on them finishing out as a divisional winner.
"I want to go to a contender with a great QB situation"

Proceeds to sign with Tennessee.....
(07-20-2023, 11:18 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]"I want to go to a contender with a great QB situation"

Proceeds to sign with Tennessee.....

Yeah, he clearly went to the biggest paycheck. 

The flaming thumbtacks have a shot at an AFC wildcard, IF this, and IF that, etc...
But he didn't choose the greatest chance of winning, he chose his final shot at a significant payday. 

Hopkins isn't very far removed from showing very good production, and Tannehill is probably still capable of good numbers under Vrabel, Henry is probably a crap shoot to play a full healthy season unless they start spelling him more. But even with those guys -
 The roster there as a whole just doesn't stack up well against the top teams in the AFC.
(including the Jags) 

They will play the jags tough in at least one of the 2023 match-ups. That's what divisional teams with good coaching should do. But I don't see that offense keeping ups with ours on the scoreboard in the end.
Team lacked a WR. Needed one for sure. After Brown went to the Eagles that led to a Super Bowl run.
Not sure why our fan base is so sure the Jags are the best team right now in the south. It took an epic collapse of injuries to TN for us to win the division. They have a deep D and they get their QB back from injury also. We were one play away from losing the division to Josh Dobbs.

Our team was better on D and OL last year than it is now.

I do think the division will be between us and TN but I do not think we are the favorite now. I think we have a first place schedule and they do not. They have very few holes on D and they appear to have gotten their WR problens solved. Their OL was horrendous last year due to the injuries and they still were in it at the end. That tells me they are going to be a problem in 2023.
(07-24-2023, 02:48 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure why our fan base is so sure the Jags are the best team right now in the south. 
Because we aren't tack fans with a trolling agenda here? 
It took an epic collapse of injuries to TN for us to win the division.  They have a deep D and they get their QB back from injury also. They have nearly the worst red zone passing defense in the league - and we have TL/Ridley/Engram to counter it. We will score on them readily. Book it. 
We were one play away from losing the division to Josh Dobbs. 
Meh. Jags offense had an off-day. 

Our team was better on D and OL last year than it is now.
LOL
The Jags defense isn't worse this year, and they mitigated a subpar OL pretty well last year. Will likely do so again this time too. 

I do think the division will be between us and TN but I do not think we are the favorite now.  I think we have a first place schedule and they do not.  They have very few holes on D and they appear to have gotten their WR problens solved.  Their OL was horrendous last year due to the injuries and they still were in it at the end.  That tells me they are going to be a problem in 2023.
They'll win 8 or 9 games and just miss the wildcard. 

You're back to full tack troll-mode with this post, huh?
Pages: 1 2