Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Where Will 2023 Jaguars Offense Rank? (total points)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Regular season total points 

Jags were 10th last year with 404 points forced

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/16810...16194?s=20
10th should be the floor. The homer in me says even higher, but I’ll stick with the 5-7 range.
Gotta imagine teams like KC, Buffalo, Philly, and SF will still be high scoring. The Bengals, Jags, Chargers (with Kellen Moore now) and Dallas should be in the mix too.

I’m gonna say 6th.
Smack bang on 5th
Provided everything falls into place

Trevor continues to progress
Ridley is the same guy
Engram wasn't a one hit wonder
O line dosen't crumble

I'd say 2-4, gonna take some insanity from our guys before I'd bet against Patty Mahomes.

Also I'm not so sure I believe in our defense enough to assume we wont be in shoot out mode against more teams than not.. so that would likely help this stat.
#TheOcho
(07-18-2023, 01:14 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Trevor continues to progress

Trevor has already arrived bro
(07-18-2023, 12:55 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: [ -> ]Smack bang on 5th
^
This is my best guess as well. I'd wager on the 4-6 range.
Top 5, but I voted the 2-4 range. The second half of last season was no fluke.
I voted 5th - 7th. I think it's a fair expectation. On offense we still have to consider the lack of overall cohesion within the offensive line group. There is not a solid, surefire player at ANY of those positions where I feel comfortable. At least not yet and until we see it.

You have to consider that Lawrence had a stupid high release rate last year. He was sandwiched between Mahomes and Brady with the 2nd fastest release last year. His arm talent, pre snap adjustments and Pederson's play calling masked a lot of ineffectiveness out there. Robinson is suspended, even when he did play he was suspect at best (go back to the Detroit game, where Lawrence had his ankle, foot and leg bent back, that hit was given up by Robinson and it resulted in a toe injury for Lawrence for the rest of the season). Little has limited experience. Bartch is coming back from an IR injury in October of last year. That's a ton of rust to shake off. Fortner has to dig his head out of his [BLEEP] in year two and show strength and more awareness in gap control.

Scherff battled through a bicep injury I think at some point, and, he was really not all that highly graded out per PFF. Getting older does not help his cause I would imagine. That leaves us with Taylor's departure and a rookie unknown talent in Harrison having to fill in immediately over there at RT. I think some of us on here are going to be very, very thankful that we drafted Strange as early as we did because he's going to have to more than likely act as a strong chip blocker in motion more times than not and float between the H-back role and edge setter. This is why I also hope Parish finds a home as our FB this year. We need all the power and head starts we can get to give Etienne breathing room and Lawrence more time to read and dissect for deep play opportunities that we lacked at times last year.

The reason, despite all of that long winded commentary above, that I think a leap is doable? Simple. Our division looks softer, I expect this defense to play A LOT better across the board in all six divisional contests. I think this offense SHOULD get more opportunities off of turnovers, while, in turn, limiting some of their turnovers they had last year, especially inside the redzone. I fully expect Lawrence to be in the MVP conversation at some point this season. With or without a top notch offensive line. His decision making, comfort level and processing speed should only be better and faster in 2023.
I voted 8-10. If this was the O-line from1996 then I would have said 2-4. (maybe #1) Problem is it just isn't. TL is so adept moving in the pocket and finding a quick read he can cover up a lot of issues. Whether he wants to or not he will once again be one of the fastest release QB's. I believe he was at 2.1 or 2.2 seconds last year.
(07-19-2023, 03:54 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]I voted 8-10.  If this was the O-line from1996 then I would have said 2-4. (maybe #1) Problem is it just isn't.  TL is so adept moving in the pocket and finding a quick read he can cover up a lot of issues.  Whether he wants to or not  he will once again be one of the fastest release QB's.  I believe he was at 2.1 or 2.2 seconds last year.

I think 8-10 may be a little low, but I 100% agree with you on the OL and the need to buy Trevor time and give him a pocket. 

WAAAYYYY too many snaps last year offered him no pocket to step into and well under the standard 2.5 seconds to get rid of the ball.

The protection was not good, but the play calling and Trevor's ability to dance out of trouble and get a pass off made things happen. 

On this topic: I've noticed a couple of articles popping up wherein analysts are talking about how and why Ridley will thrive in a Pederson/Lawrence offense. I have no doubt he will thrive, but it won't be for the reasons they outline in these articles unless this 2023 line protects better than last year's version.
This team could be a PROBLEM!!!
(07-19-2023, 08:00 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]This team could be a PROBLEM!!!

Oh you can bet your bottom dollar big son! And we ain’t scared of Kansas City either…we can play with any of em.
I voted 8-10 and there's only one vote in that row... Anyways, I simply based it on the distribution of team scores. It's easy to move up and down the middle third of the score distribution but is increasingly difficult to reach the edges. ie, it's many times easier to go from 15 to 10 than it is to go from 10 to 5. So I reckon the team improves but due to the fact that good teams are already there on the scoring distribution and also trying to improve, it will be a good accomplishment to go from 10 to 8.
(07-19-2023, 10:42 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: [ -> ]I voted 8-10 and there's only one vote in that row...  Anyways, I simply based it on the distribution of team scores.  It's easy to move up and down the middle third of the score distribution but is increasingly difficult to reach the edges.  ie, it's many times easier to go from 15 to 10 than it is to go from 10 to 5.  So I reckon the team improves but due to the fact that good teams are already there on the scoring distribution and also trying to improve, it will be a good accomplishment to go from 10 to 8.
 I thought I had clicked the 8-10 button.  Obviously, I must have click something else. Chalking up to a hardware issue. (a loose nut at the keyboard)
Top 5
(07-19-2023, 02:34 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-18-2023, 01:14 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Trevor continues to progress

Trevor has already arrived bro

Well i'm happy for you if you're that confident in him after half a season of good play. Not saying you shouldn't be optimistic but it's pretty ignorant to just assume he's going to be elite based off that sample size.
(07-22-2023, 03:32 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-19-2023, 02:34 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Trevor has already arrived bro

Well i'm happy for you if you're that confident in him after half a season of good play. Not saying you shouldn't be optimistic but it's pretty ignorant to just assume he's going to be elite based off that sample size.

This is kinda the point I was making in another thread. Lawrence okayed great that second half of the season but it’s a little ridiculous people calling him elite etc. No doubt he could be and I sure as hell hope he will be but it’s just too early. If he were a late round pick and put up a similar season everyone would be a lot more cautious.
Pages: 1 2