Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2023 Jaguars Madden Ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have the lowest highest rated player on the game in the league. Ridley, Kirk, Allen, and Campbell are our highest rated players at 85. No other team in the game has their highest rated player that low. Lawrence is not in the top 10 QBs s well
(07-22-2023, 09:22 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]We have the lowest highest rated player on the game in the league.  Ridley, Kirk, Allen, and Campbell are our highest rated players at 85.  No other team in the game has their highest rated player that low.  Lawrence is not in the top 10 QBs s well

Pretty interesting. EA has become lazy over the years. I have not bought a new Madden game since 2019. I have no interest in it anymore.
(07-23-2023, 05:22 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2023, 09:22 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]We have the lowest highest rated player on the game in the league.  Ridley, Kirk, Allen, and Campbell are our highest rated players at 85.  No other team in the game has their highest rated player that low.  Lawrence is not in the top 10 QBs s well

Pretty interesting. EA has become lazy over the years. I have not bought a new Madden game since 2019. I have no interest in it anymore.
The only positive is they update the ratings each week and i see a lot of players getting boosted up in the future weeks.  Lawrence is a 82.  I think he will be a 90 at the lowest by season end.
I thought trevor got jobbed the most of all the jags with his rating. Having tua and kirk cousins ahead of him I don't agree with. And I definitley don't agree with dak being 5 points better than him.
(07-23-2023, 08:45 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2023, 05:22 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty interesting. EA has become lazy over the years. I have not bought a new Madden game since 2019. I have no interest in it anymore.
The only positive is they update the ratings each week and i see a lot of players getting boosted up in the future weeks.  Lawrence is a 82.  I think he will be a 90 at the lowest by season end.

82 seems too low. Just from looking at the ratings. I don't mind the top five. That all lines up for me personally. 

1. Patrick Mahomes - 99 - No brainer - He's the best in the business. He's already in the GOAT conversation with Brady at his age IMHO. He may never catch him in rings but he'll catch him in terms of play on the football field. 

2. Joe Burrow - 95 - Again, no brainer - He's one of the best in the business. Has done a lot with piss poor pass protection at times. Has shown some comeback ability and killer instincts. 

3. Josh Allen - 94 - Somehow, this feels a little too high for me. I like Josh, he's tough, has a cannon for an arm and he has really great mobility. Really the new age Ben Roethlisberger for me but with Cam Newton downfield speed. Where he loses me a little bit, and it goes back to last year. 

Just his overall performance in the play-offs. He was less than 60% with his completion percentage, he went 3 - 3 in the TD/INT column and he ate a lot of sacks. He also scaled back on his scrambling which was odd. It's crunch time. Win or go home. I would honestly put him a shave or two even further behind Burrow. 91 or 92 for me feels more right. 

Because, in fairness, if he goes 1 - 1 or gets bounced out of the play-offs early in 2023/2024? He will start seeing his name free fall a bit from the elite conversation. 

4. Lamar Jackson - 91 - This is fair. I think he's right where he should be. He's an MVP caliber player, but, much like Josh Allen, he leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to play-off performances and he's actually worse off than Josh IMHO because he's not able to stay healthy the way Josh has been able to tough it out with their respective running abilities. It's put up or shut up for him this year after that contract Baltimore awarded him with. 

5. Jalen Hurts - 88 - This is fair. He had a great year last season and a great run. Showed a lot of character and maturity post Super Bowl loss. This is one of the few guys that I can look at and believe in, especially in the NFC where the QB play in general leaves a lot to be desired. I don't see them suffering from any hangover and it wouldn't surprise me if he's in the MVP conversation and they're right back in the Super Bowl again. If he pulls that off? He leaps Jackson and Allen for me personally and he could challenge Burrow to be the 2nd best only behind Mahomes. 

6. Justin Herbert - 87 - Meh. I think he's an 85 man. He's good in the regular season but he's also showed some really shaky, Favre like turnovers in clutch time. He's 25 - 24 as a starter. Also has durablitiy concerns and his numbers dropped down a lot in the TD column last year. He couldn't get it done in 2021 to get them into the post season and then his debut against Lawrence was pretty indicative of who he is for me. He lacks killer instincts. 

7. Dak Prescott - 87. Meh. I don't get the hype. Especially after last year. I think he should also be an 85 at this point. He cost Dallas games last year single handedly and he's very hot and cold in the post season as a performer. Losing to SF was not a good look for him. Especially after he dunked 4 TD's and 300+ yards on the Buccaneers in RD1. 

8. Aaron Rodgers - 86. Meh. I would probably give him a slight edge over Herbert and Prescott respectively. Especially with the Jets and that supporting cast and defense. Bump him up to 87. 

9. Kirk Cousins - 84. Disrespectful in my opinion. Kirk has been a regular season performing machine with really, really shaky pass protection. I think he's taken more hits than any other QB. 84 seems too low. I would personally put him at 86 and rank him above Prescott and Herbert. Same guy with less pass protection IMHO. 

10. Tua Tagavoila - 83. This is fine. I think you have to factor in the durability concerns with him. I also think you have to wait and see who he really is on the big stage at this level in the NFL. He got it done for Alabama. He has yet to do it for the Dolphins. He could do it this year if he stays healthy. 

11. Trevor Lawrence - 82. This is not fine. I think when you look at the night and day difference between year one and year two, it's not even close. You wouldn't be able to convince me of a more improved football player in the NFL. Especially considering the circumstances. Unlike some of these other guys listed above, he actually showed a killer instinct, not once, not twice, but, multiple times throughout the regular season when the team got hot and started chaining wins together and then he delivers one of the all time great stories in NFL history of the "tale of two halves". He should have been penciled in at a solid 85. Boost his clutch and awareness up. It's an easy fix. 

This would recalibrate the list as follows:

1. Patrick Mahomes - 99
2. Joe Burrow - 95
3. Josh Allen - 92
4. Lamar Jackson - 91
5. Jalen Hurts - 88
6. Aaron Rodgers - 87
7. Kirk Cousins - 86
8. Justin Herbert - 85
9. Dak Prescott - 85
10. Trevor Lawrence - 85

This is a more accurate representation for me. Your play-off caliber and bound QB's should always round out your top ten - twelve. There's only a few unique outliers here and there. Where a team is well balanced offensively, top heavy in the running game and has a dominate defense. Like the 49ers, or, a guy retires like Tom Brady and you have no answer yet defined at the position. 

But, I think that's a fair top ten, especially with rankings 6 - 10, because, a lot of those guys are going to potentially bump one of them completely off the list and leap frog a guy or two or down, depending on your perspective. If Lawrence elevates his play from 2022 and goes into 2023 throwing around 4,000+ yards, 30+ TD's and his INT's are in the single digits or barely double digits? This is a play-off bound QB. That could potentially go 2 - 1 or 3 - 0 if the stars align. Rodgers, Cousins, Herbert and Prescott have more to answer for than Lawrence does in 2023.
(07-23-2023, 09:24 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2023, 08:45 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]The only positive is they update the ratings each week and i see a lot of players getting boosted up in the future weeks.  Lawrence is a 82.  I think he will be a 90 at the lowest by season end.

82 seems too low. Just from looking at the ratings. I don't mind the top five. That all lines up for me personally. 

1. Patrick Mahomes - 99 - No brainer - He's the best in the business. He's already in the GOAT conversation with Brady at his age IMHO. He may never catch him in rings but he'll catch him in terms of play on the football field. 

2. Joe Burrow - 95 - Again, no brainer - He's one of the best in the business. Has done a lot with piss poor pass protection at times. Has shown some comeback ability and killer instincts. 

3. Josh Allen - 94 - Somehow, this feels a little too high for me. I like Josh, he's tough, has a cannon for an arm and he has really great mobility. Really the new age Ben Roethlisberger for me but with Cam Newton downfield speed. Where he loses me a little bit, and it goes back to last year. 

Just his overall performance in the play-offs. He was less than 60% with his completion percentage, he went 3 - 3 in the TD/INT column and he ate a lot of sacks. He also scaled back on his scrambling which was odd. It's crunch time. Win or go home. I would honestly put him a shave or two even further behind Burrow. 91 or 92 for me feels more right. 

Because, in fairness, if he goes 1 - 1 or gets bounced out of the play-offs early in 2023/2024? He will start seeing his name free fall a bit from the elite conversation. 

4. Lamar Jackson - 91 - This is fair. I think he's right where he should be. He's an MVP caliber player, but, much like Josh Allen, he leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to play-off performances and he's actually worse off than Josh IMHO because he's not able to stay healthy the way Josh has been able to tough it out with their respective running abilities. It's put up or shut up for him this year after that contract Baltimore awarded him with. 

5. Jalen Hurts - 88 - This is fair. He had a great year last season and a great run. Showed a lot of character and maturity post Super Bowl loss. This is one of the few guys that I can look at and believe in, especially in the NFC where the QB play in general leaves a lot to be desired. I don't see them suffering from any hangover and it wouldn't surprise me if he's in the MVP conversation and they're right back in the Super Bowl again. If he pulls that off? He leaps Jackson and Allen for me personally and he could challenge Burrow to be the 2nd best only behind Mahomes. 

6. Justin Herbert - 87 - Meh. I think he's an 85 man. He's good in the regular season but he's also showed some really shaky, Favre like turnovers in clutch time. He's 25 - 24 as a starter. Also has durablitiy concerns and his numbers dropped down a lot in the TD column last year. He couldn't get it done in 2021 to get them into the post season and then his debut against Lawrence was pretty indicative of who he is for me. He lacks killer instincts. 

7. Dak Prescott - 87. Meh. I don't get the hype. Especially after last year. I think he should also be an 85 at this point. He cost Dallas games last year single handedly and he's very hot and cold in the post season as a performer. Losing to SF was not a good look for him. Especially after he dunked 4 TD's and 300+ yards on the Buccaneers in RD1. 

8. Aaron Rodgers - 86. Meh. I would probably give him a slight edge over Herbert and Prescott respectively. Especially with the Jets and that supporting cast and defense. Bump him up to 87. 

9. Kirk Cousins - 84. Disrespectful in my opinion. Kirk has been a regular season performing machine with really, really shaky pass protection. I think he's taken more hits than any other QB. 84 seems too low. I would personally put him at 86 and rank him above Prescott and Herbert. Same guy with less pass protection IMHO. 

10. Tua Tagavoila - 83. This is fine. I think you have to factor in the durability concerns with him. I also think you have to wait and see who he really is on the big stage at this level in the NFL. He got it done for Alabama. He has yet to do it for the Dolphins. He could do it this year if he stays healthy. 

11. Trevor Lawrence - 82. This is not fine. I think when you look at the night and day difference between year one and year two, it's not even close. You wouldn't be able to convince me of a more improved football player in the NFL. Especially considering the circumstances. Unlike some of these other guys listed above, he actually showed a killer instinct, not once, not twice, but, multiple times throughout the regular season when the team got hot and started chaining wins together and then he delivers one of the all time great stories in NFL history of the "tale of two halves". He should have been penciled in at a solid 85. Boost his clutch and awareness up. It's an easy fix. 

This would recalibrate the list as follows:

1. Patrick Mahomes - 99
2. Joe Burrow - 95
3. Josh Allen - 92
4. Lamar Jackson - 91
5. Jalen Hurts - 88
6. Aaron Rodgers - 87
7. Kirk Cousins - 86
8. Justin Herbert - 85
9. Dak Prescott - 85
10. Trevor Lawrence - 85

This is a more accurate representation for me. Your play-off caliber and bound QB's should always round out your top ten - twelve. There's only a few unique outliers here and there. Where a team is well balanced offensively, top heavy in the running game and has a dominate defense. Like the 49ers, or, a guy retires like Tom Brady and you have no answer yet defined at the position. 

But, I think that's a fair top ten, especially with rankings 6 - 10, because, a lot of those guys are going to potentially bump one of them completely off the list and leap frog a guy or two or down, depending on your perspective. If Lawrence elevates his play from 2022 and goes into 2023 throwing around 4,000+ yards, 30+ TD's and his INT's are in the single digits or barely double digits? This is a play-off bound QB. That could potentially go 2 - 1 or 3 - 0 if the stars align. Rodgers, Cousins, Herbert and Prescott have more to answer for than Lawrence does in 2023.
Whats criminal is Little's 68 rating.  Did they watch him play last year?  I dont think he had a very good game against KC but other than that he played very good at LT.  They have Cam at 78 and Little at 68.  Little has been every bit as good as Cam when he has played at LT.  He should be at 75 at the very least.  Etienne is to low as well, hes the 16th best RB.  Etienne averaged over 5 ypc and had over 1500 yards last year in his first year playing, hes a top 10 back.  Last but not least is Campbells rating, he is the 19th best CB.  Campbell is a top 10 player at his position as well.

(07-23-2023, 09:01 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought trevor got jobbed the most of all the jags with his rating. Having tua and kirk cousins ahead of him I don't agree with. And I definitley don't agree with dak being 5 points better than him.

They have Little a 68 and Campbell as the 19th rated corner.  Horrible ratings
Lawrence is the highest rated QB in the AFC South with Richardson as the lowest. If Minshew begins the season as the starter, he would be the lowest rated QB in the divison.

AFC South QB OVR:

Lawrence - 82
 Tannehill - 76
  Stroud -  73
Richardson-70
 Minshew  - 67

I think Lawrence is too low based on what he did last season. 

All 32 QB ovr ratings: (90’s, 80’s, 70’s…)

Mahommes 99
Burrow 95  
Allen 94 ovr
Jackson 91

Hurts 88
Prescott 87
Herbert 87
Rodgers 86
Cousins 84
Tagovailoa 83
Lawrence 82
G. Smith 81
Ja. Goff 80

Murray 79
Watson 78
Wilson 77 (ouch)
Garoppolo 77
Fields 76 
Tannehill 76
Stafford 75
Jones 75 
Jones 74
Young 74
Purdy 73
Stroud 73
Pickett 73
Mayfield 72
J. Love 70
Richardson 70

Minshew 67
Howell 66 

Trask 59

Below are some other Jaguars notables:

TE Evan Engram  - 84 ovr
WR Christian Kirk - 85 ovr
WR Calvin Ridley - 85 ovr with 93 speed
WR  Zay  Jones  - 81 ovr 

RB Travis Etienne - 84 ovr with 94 spd 95 acc

Scherff and Robinson are the 2 highest rated offensive lineman. Harrison with a 71. I though Harrison should have came in around a 74 to 76 ovr. Walker should have been around a 75 but they have him at a 68. 

OL Brandon Scherff - 83 ovr
OL  Cam Robinson - 78 ovr
OL  Anton Harrison - 71 ovr 
OL   Luke  Fortner  - 70 ovr 
OL   Ben  Bartch   - 68 ovr
OL  Walker  Little  - 68 ovr 

DE  Josh  Allen  -  85 ovr
DE Trevon Walker - 78 ovr

LB Foyesade Oluokun - 84 ovr
LB  Devin  Lloyd  -  76 ovr 

CB Tyson Campbell - 85 ovr 
CB Darious Williams - 79 ovr 

Etienne is the Jaguars fastest player with 94 speed and the quickest with 95 acceleration. Ridley was given a 93 speed rating.

Agnew was given a 93 speed rating They should have had him around a 96 to 98 speed since he’s quicker and faster than anyone on the team.

CB Tyson Campbell is the fastest player on defense with a 92 speed. That’s about right.  

They did TE Ross Matiscik dirty with a 26 ovr rating.

Campbell, Allen, Ridley, Kirk are the highest rated players on the team with all 4 players coming in at 85 ovr. Lawrence should be the highest rated player with something like 86 ovr or 87. I can’t see how they rated Tagovailoa higher than Lawrence.
How does this compare to last years scores? I would think last year they would be a quite bit lower after the Meyer year.
Some players are too low but who cares about Madden anyway? EA has been a joke for more than a decade
There is an existing thread on this in the correct forum
They updated the ratings yesterday. Lawrence still isn't a top 10 QB. He comes in at 11. Tyson Campbell is the 15th rated CB. Walker Little is 69 overall and Cam Robinson is 78 overall lol
(09-15-2023, 08:47 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]They updated the ratings yesterday.  Lawrence still isn't a top 10 QB.  He comes in at 11.  Tyson Campbell is the 15th rated CB.  Walker Little is 69 overall and Cam Robinson is 78 overall lol

This is why I have no respect for EA and Madden. The 2K series is coming back but because EA has the NFL licensing and naming rights they can only have regular games in their 2K series and they cannot add a simulation mode for franchise, etc. 

Ridley should be a high 80 and not at 85 with Kirk anymore. That's obvious. Lawrence should be an 88 for me personally. He's better than whatever EA thinks personally. 88 puts him on the cusp of being elite. Which he damn near straddles now as it stands.
Im using the jags like usual and the offensive line is rated low. Tank has 88 speed which I think that should be 90 speed but it’s all good.
Just win. That’s all that matters.