Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Week 1 -- Colts name Anthony Richardson Starter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://www.nfl.com/news/colts-rookie-qb...the%20role.

I'd like to get excited about this as I think the team speed of our defense is built to stop mobile QBs, but then I have flashbacks to the Jags-Titans opening game when Vince Young ran the RPO and the Titans at us alive in the running game, eating up 75% of the time of possession (or at least it felt that way).
Why is this in the Home Team forum when it’s already been posted in the Division forum where it belongs?
Really sucks for Minshew, was hoping he'd at least get a game or two in before they went to the rookie... Richardson looked bad in week 1, so unsure where this is coming from other than to throw him straight into the fire. Good for us, should be a complete torching of the Colts come week 1.
It sucks even more for our defensive ends because they bout to get a heavy dose of R.P.O.
(08-15-2023, 03:53 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]Really sucks for Minshew, was hoping he'd at least get a game or two in before they went to the rookie... Richardson looked bad in week 1, so unsure where this is coming from other than to throw him straight into the fire. Good for us, should be a complete torching of the Colts come week 1.

Well Minshew might get a call sooner than you think once NFL defenses figure out Richardson. That’s the worst thing about playing a rookie on opening weekend, you’re not exactly sure how to game plan against him.
(08-15-2023, 01:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Why is this in the Home Team forum when it’s already been posted in the Division forum where it belongs?

Because they are playing the Jags.   So, perhaps if this is titled Jags vs Colts Week 1 - Richardson Named Starter then it belongs in the Home Team section??
(08-15-2023, 04:49 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2023, 01:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Why is this in the Home Team forum when it’s already been posted in the Division forum where it belongs?

Because they are playing the Jags.   So, perhaps if this is titled Jags vs Colts Week 1 - Richardson Named Starter then it belongs in the Home Team section??

Yes, with asterisks and pretty magenta font. 

Now get off my lawn.  Tongue
(08-15-2023, 06:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2023, 04:49 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Because they are playing the Jags.   So, perhaps if this is titled Jags vs Colts Week 1 - Richardson Named Starter then it belongs in the Home Team section??

Yes, with asterisks and pretty magenta font. 

Sure thing, but you might want to take that quarter moon symbol off your shed door....Wink
(08-15-2023, 08:05 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2023, 06:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, with asterisks and pretty magenta font. 

Sure thing, but you might want to take that quarter moon symbol off your shed door....Wink

That’s not a shed, it’s my fertilizer plant.
Gardner Minshew $41M in career earnings so far.

Dang.
(08-15-2023, 03:53 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]Richardson looked bad in week 1

What?
You should have watched the highlights instead of just looking at stats
INT was due to the WR not cutting to the outside. Admitted by the WR and the Coach.
45 yard dime TD pass dropped.
Nice run to the 2 yard line called back due to a penalty.
Fix those 3 things and he had a hell of a good 1st quarter.
(08-16-2023, 03:50 PM)ArtieZiff Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2023, 03:53 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]Richardson looked bad in week 1

What?
INT was due to the WR not cutting to the outside. Admitted by the WR and the Coach.

Funny switcharoo there  Big Grin 

What's your projected stat line for AR  this season?

pass yards - rush yards - total TDs - INTs
(08-16-2023, 03:50 PM)ArtieZiff Wrote: [ -> ]

What?

Lot of copium in this post.
(08-15-2023, 03:53 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]Really sucks for Minshew, was hoping he'd at least get a game or two in before they went to the rookie... Richardson looked bad in week 1, so unsure where this is coming from other than to throw him straight into the fire. Good for us, should be a complete torching of the Colts come week 1.

Can’t wait! I be there in the nosebleed section repping the Jags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(08-16-2023, 01:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Gardner Minshew $41M in career earnings so far.

Dang.

If they cared about winning (and the proper development of their rookie), Gardner would starting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(08-16-2023, 01:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Gardner Minshew $41M  in career earnings so far.

Dang.

Not true.  I think you heard that on 1010 this afternoon as I did.  I don’t know where the hell they got that number from.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis...-earnings/
(08-16-2023, 11:35 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2023, 01:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Gardner Minshew $41M  in career earnings so far.

Dang.

Not true.  I think you heard that on 1010 this afternoon as I did.  I don’t know where the hell they got that number from.

Not all that bad for a backup, 6th round pick. He could play 5 or 6 more years and more than double that before making a move into coaching.
(08-16-2023, 11:35 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]

Dang.

So, Minshew will have essentially earned $8.6m in total after this season is over.

@homebiscuit --- are you using that Enron math again?
(08-17-2023, 09:25 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2023, 11:35 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]Not true.  I think you heard that on 1010 this afternoon as I did.  I don’t know where the hell they got that number from.

So, Minshew will have essentially earned $8.6m in total after this season is over.

Yes, and I’m selling stock. How much should I put you in for?
(08-17-2023, 10:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2023, 09:25 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]So, Minshew will have essentially earned $8.6m in total after this season is over.

Yes, and I’m selling stock. How much should I put you in for?

Whatever I can get with my 30,152,090 Venezuelan Bolivar
I was a big Richardson detractor last year when he played for the Gayturds, but I think he’s going to be better than some people here are saying.
Pages: 1 2