Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Chaisson being traded?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Got an alert on my phone I think from ESPN that Chaisson had been traded to SF but when I opened it it had been deleted and then I could find no mention of this anywhere.  Clearly it was sent prematurely, but did anyone else get this alert?
I didn’t think he looked horrendous yesterday.
Lets all pray
Scouring the net and can't find anything on a trade or possible trade. I think he could be a good 4-3 Sam or Will, for a team in that base scheme. He's a big square peg trying to fit in a small round hole for the Jag's 3-4 base edge spot.
He will get traded for a sandwich and then traded back.
(08-20-2023, 02:35 PM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]I didn’t think he looked horrendous yesterday.
He looked comical on the field. He gets a free rush and misses the QB. Then he misses another sack when he hits the QB but can't bring him down.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
He needs tackling practice
I honestly think that’s the plan and why he has been talked up the way he has. Brass would probably take a 7 for him.
(08-20-2023, 08:38 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly think that’s the plan and why he has been talked up the way he has. Brass would probably take a 7 for him.

Good god what a blown [BLEEP] pick he has turned out to be. Only recouping a 7th for the 20 overall pick that is still in rookie deal is an absolute joke. 

Caldwell was an absolute [BLEEP] joke at the end of his tenure here. Him and Gene set this team back a decade.
A conditional 5th round pick at best.
(08-20-2023, 09:46 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]A conditional 5th round pick at best.

A conditional ham sammich
Too much sugar in the tank.

NH3...
$20 gift card ?
(08-21-2023, 12:13 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2023, 09:46 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]A conditional 5th round pick at best.

A conditional ham sammich

what, no mayo?

I figure Baalke would be a better negotiator.

(08-21-2023, 03:40 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: [ -> ]$20 gift card ?

....to Radio Shack
Trade bust for bust. Chaisson for Nick Bosa.
I'd take a 7th round conditional pick for 2025.
(08-21-2023, 09:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I'd take a 7th round conditional pick for 2025.

Conditional upon what?  Not really certain why one would need to put a condition on what is likely to be a late 7th round pick.
Would take any sort of pick or player at this point. I'm just sick of seeing him on the field to be honest. On the rare occasion he is there to make a good play he misses the tackle, or just plain whiffs. I don't see him improving to the point of ever living up to his draft status.
I'm sure the FO would take anything at this point. He's dropped down the rotation, we're not resigning him after the season ,barring something miraculous, so just take whatever you could get.
Yep, the only reason we keep him is sunk costs and the 1% chance he can actually be a serviceable player like Alualu turned out to be .... (who, as you recall signed a $2m/year contract after his rookie contract expired) --- that said, assuming he is what he is, this is def his last year in Jax.

It would be kind of funny though, if one of the best defensive teams (SF) would trade for one of the worst defensive players that plays on a mediocre to bad defense.   That's kind of like Kia offering to trade one of it's Kia Soul engines to Porsche.
Pages: 1 2 3