Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cooper Hodges lost for the season ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just heard something on 1010xl. Say it ain’t so. #Tugboat
Knee injury is all I know.
Should have never had him playing in preseason.
Shoot man. Injuries are really biting us.
Patella tendon
(08-21-2023, 11:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Patella tendon

This is a very difficult injury to fully recover.
Lets just play the cheerleaders and mascot this week..
I heard they might start him out on IR and try to get him back later in the season.
Unfortunately injuries are going to happen.
(08-21-2023, 06:28 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately injuries are going to happen.

This. It’s part of the game.
Does anyone actually know yet what the prognosis for Hodges is?  The thread title says "lost for the season," but all Pederson said was that he is "going to miss some time."
They dont have to announce anything just yet do they? It is possible they know but aren't saying. Although not sure I see the need to be mysterious around a backup olineman.
(08-22-2023, 08:07 AM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]They dont have to announce anything just yet do they?  It is possible they know but aren't saying.  Although not sure I see the need to be mysterious around a backup olineman.

Sometimes orthopedic injuries take a while to assess accurately due to swelling. 

At least that’s what my Holiday Inn Express certificate says.
(08-22-2023, 07:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone actually know yet what the prognosis for Hodges is?  The thread title says "lost for the season," but all Pederson said was that he is "going to miss some time."

(08-22-2023, 08:07 AM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]They dont have to announce anything just yet do they?  It is possible they know but aren't saying.  Although not sure I see the need to be mysterious around a backup olineman.

This week's injury report is the first they'll be required to divulge details. 

It would appear they are keeping details of current injuries guarded as long as possible as so many teams prep themselves to hit the waiver wire in one week's time. I think figuring out a few players to stash on IR so they don't leave them vulnerable to other teams could be part of the equation here.
To get a player to the "returning IR they need to be on the 53 initially. If they put a player on the IR before that they are gone for the season. That is why they cut then resigned Gotsis last year.
I heard the 1010 guys say Hodges could be lost for the year.
(08-21-2023, 03:10 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]Lets just play the cheerleaders and mascot this week..

I thought the lingerie football league is now defunct.
(08-21-2023, 11:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Patella tendon

Are you sure the it is the tendon and not the bone?

I can only find 1 report that specifies tendon. Everything else just says patella.
(08-22-2023, 07:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone actually know yet what the prognosis for Hodges is?  The thread title says "lost for the season," but all Pederson said was that he is "going to miss some time."

Not specifically. It will definitely be at least 6-8 weeks which is what it would take for a patellar dislocation or say a tiny avulsion fracture. Most other patellar injuries would take a few months and probably end the season for an offensive lineman who has to be in a particular stance and putting a lot a weight and force through the knee consistently. And yes, a patellar tendon tear could be career ending depending on severity and recovery.

(08-22-2023, 08:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]

Sometimes orthopedic injuries take a while to assess accurately due to swelling. 

It depends how quickly they started to ice it during the game to reduce the swelling. A lot of newer stadiums have an MRI machine in house or right next door these days, but sometimes these are only available for the home teams. There are certain "tests/maneuvers" you they can do to look for obvious injuries like a bad patellar tendon tear or fracture. But as those are pretty obvious and would end his season, I would presume that would have leaked out from Saturday and be widespread knowledge by now. You can still do the MRI even with swelling, but sometimes it can affect the accuracy of intensity assessments or 50/50 calls of certain injuries. Plus the coil they have to put over the knee has to fit well to get a good image and that may be tough to tolerate.

(08-22-2023, 10:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

This week's injury report is the first they'll be required to divulge details. 

It would appear they are keeping details of current injuries guarded as long as possible as so many teams prep themselves to hit the waiver wire in one week's time. I think figuring out a few players to stash on IR so they don't leave them vulnerable to other teams could be part of the equation here.

I just find this argument kind of silly. Because every team operates like this, so it is not hard for other teams to predict how other teams are playing this and what any particular statement means. Plus it is not like they don't know he has a patella injury. He is going to be out for 6 weeks to the full season, and every situation in that range means the Jags will have him on some injury list and need to replace that spot. 

It's not like hockey where they say he a lower body injury or a torso injury, and that's it. Even there leaks happen all the time, so most people eventually find out enough specifics to strategize.

On top of all it, it just causes fans, reporters, and talking heads to speculate non stop which in the end doesn't help anyone. In some cases it can very much hurt the player's reputation too, like with Coughlin's lies about Fred Taylor's injuries. As betting starts getting bigger and bigger, I think the NFL will finally have financial incentive to just make all of this very straightforward.
(08-22-2023, 04:16 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]

Not specifically. It will definitely be at least 6-8 weeks which is what it would take for a patellar dislocation or say a tiny avulsion fracture. Most other patellar injuries would take a few months and probably end the season for an offensive lineman who has to be in a particular stance and putting a lot a weight and force through the knee consistently. And yes, a patellar tendon tear could be career ending depending on severity and recovery.

(08-22-2023, 08:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes orthopedic injuries take a while to assess accurately due to swelling. 

It depends how quickly they started to ice it during the game to reduce the swelling. A lot of newer stadiums have an MRI machine in house or right next door these days, but sometimes these are only available for the home teams. There are certain "tests/maneuvers" you they can do to look for obvious injuries like a bad patellar tendon tear or fracture. But as those are pretty obvious and would end his season, I would presume that would have leaked out from Saturday and be widespread knowledge by now. You can still do the MRI even with swelling, but sometimes it can affect the accuracy of intensity assessments or 50/50 calls of certain injuries. Plus the coil they have to put over the knee has to fit well to get a good image and that may be tough to tolerate.

(08-22-2023, 10:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]This week's injury report is the first they'll be required to divulge details. 

I just find this argument kind of silly. Because every team operates like this, so it is not hard for other teams to predict how other teams are playing this and what any particular statement means. Plus it is not like they don't know he has a patella injury. He is going to be out for 6 weeks to the full season, and every situation in that range means the Jags will have him on some injury list and need to replace that spot. 

It's not like hockey where they say he a lower body injury or a torso injury, and that's it. Even there leaks happen all the time, so most people eventually find out enough specifics to strategize.

On top of all it, it just causes fans, reporters, and talking heads to speculate non stop which in the end doesn't help anyone. In some cases it can very much hurt the player's reputation too, like with Coughlin's lies about Fred Taylor's injuries. As betting starts getting bigger and bigger, I think the NFL will finally have financial incentive to just make all of this very straightforward.

Let me guess.  You are definitely a doctor, or perhaps slept at the Holiday Inn Express last night.
Pages: 1 2