Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Preseason Week 3 Countdown (+Injury Updates)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Injuries are the story this week, and plenty of them.

Drom D. Harvey / Times Union:

Quote:The injury bug has bit the Jacksonville Jaguars with several players banged up as the team gets set to finish out the preseason and enter the regular season.
A slew of players were hurt during joint practices or knocked out of last week's preseason game against the Detroit Lions.
That list includes offensive linemen Anton Harrison (shoulder), Chandler Brewer (concussion protocol), Cooper Hodges (patella), Darryl Williams (shoulder) and Josh Wells (groin). Blake Hance was checked for a concussion but was cleared and is slated to practice as normal this week. Williams was able to play through his injury against Detroit.
Wells is set to miss time due to his injury, but Harrison should be fine this week, according to Jaguars head coach Doug Pederson. Hodges, one of the team's seventh-round draft picks, will miss the remainder of the preseason and training camp, but his prognosis beyond that is unknown.

Rookie safety Antonio Johnson (hamstring) suffered a setback this week prior to the game against the Lions and will be held out again this week. Defensive lineman Foley Fatukasi (foot) was in a boot last week for precautionary reasons but should be out of the boot this week and is being held out of the final preseason game as a result of the injury.
DL DaVon Hamilton is also dealing with a "non-football related" back injury and his return-to-play timeline is unknown.

We need depth linemen on both sides of the ball, a serviceable NT,  and it looks like one of our developmental DBs isn't going to get the spotlight he needs to earn snaps. (wonder if they IR stash him) 

Also - Pederson still wants to play starters this week in the first quarter.
Jordan Smith is going to get a long look. I’m starting to root for him.
(08-21-2023, 12:45 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Jordan Smith is going to get a long look. I’m starting to root for him.
I’ll root for anyone who can provide a pass rush. They need all the help they can get.
That sucks
Bartch will play. A little good news
Yeah getting Bartch back is a boost. Looks like Harrison will be back in action soon which is great news. Fortner is still there along with Scherff and Little. This will give us a solid oline to start week 1. Let’s just get to Indy without anymore injuries.

I’m still holding out hope we can nab a veteran on that edge over on defense.
(08-21-2023, 06:02 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah getting Bartch back is a boost. Looks like Harrison will be back in action soon which is great news. Fortner is still there along with Scherff and Little. This will give us a solid oline to start week 1. Let’s just get to Indy without anymore injuries.

Harrison is expected to play. Doug said he could of played  this week but held him out for precautionary
(08-21-2023, 06:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2023, 06:02 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah getting Bartch back is a boost. Looks like Harrison will be back in action soon which is great news. Fortner is still there along with Scherff and Little. This will give us a solid oline to start week 1. Let’s just get to Indy without anymore injuries.

Harrison is expected to play. Doug said he could of played  this week but held him out for precautionary

Good news right there.
Breaking News: Colts give RB Taylor permission to seek a trade 2 weeks before the season opener. Their starting QB didn’t play in the last preseason game after being named the starter. What is going on in Indianapolis?

Things are looking great up in Indy and I hope we crush em to send a message to the rest of the division.

The motto this week is just get to Indy without anymore injuries. Get out of this last preseason game healthy and focus on week 1.
While no one likes injuries, I'm going to try and look at this positively. Thankfully nothing seems season ending yet and it will be good to see how good the depth is, especially at Oline. Let them get some snaps against #1's in a meaningless preseason game and see who we can count on as Oline looks like there are some spots open, not especially at starters but definitely depth.

Don't have an issue playing starters as it will be 2 weeks until the Clots so some game time would help but I'd say 1Q. Teams not looking rusty and in need of snaps.
Tony Boselli on the radio this morning talking about Harrison's shoulder. If anyone should know about bad shoulders on the line, it's Boselli. He was asked if it should be a concern and he answered with and emphatic "yes". However, if Harrison is able to play through the pain without aggravating the injury more, then he should; "That comes with the territory." Should the pain become too much or there is an increase in severity of the injury, then he should tap out for surgery or long-term treatment, if needed. All of this with medical advice and oversight, of course. He seems to think it's manageable enough to play.
Jones says he is willing to sit out till week 8.

https://sports.yahoo.com/all-pro-chris-j...24995.html
I think Jones made the biggest impact in both our loses last year to the Chiefs along with Kelce. I think we should be favored in week 2 if Jones is out.
List from Oehser's article yesterday:

Offensive lineman Chandler Brewer returned to practice Tuesday after being in the concussion protocol Monday
Rookie safety Antonio Johnson (hamstring)
Offensive lineman Josh Wells (adductor) were on the side Tuesday
Guard/center Tyler Shatley (atrial defibrillation) remaining limited
Outside linebacker Josh Allen and punter Logan Cooke missed practice Tuesday with excused absences
Defensive lineman DaVon Hamilton remained out of practice with a non-football-related back issue
Rookie offensive lineman Cooper Hodges (patellar) remained out of practice
Defensive lineman Dawuane Smoot (Achilles) remains on the Physically Unable to Perform list to start camp
Pages: 1 2