Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Season Ticket Holders a few questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I'm on a natural high right now, things are good and we pulled the trigger and purchased season tickets this year. It's going to be our first time as a family of 6 having season tickets and I'm thrilled to get the kids to the games finally. That said it's been a long time since we had season tickets back in 2001-2004. How bad are the prices at the food vendors these days? Do they have any kind of refillable drink passes for non alcoholic drinks? we're in the 412 section so I know we're going to roast but just trying to budget as best as we can. 

I got the parking pass close to the stadium so that's a plus! overall I'm probably more excited then anyone but my youngest really got into it last year so this should put him over the top.
Eat before you get there and find a fountain to refill your water bottles. Concessions are a shakedown and I’m sure it will be even more painful this year.

I’m not sure about refillable fountain drinks.
Are we allowed to bring in water bottles? that would be great if we are but I was assuming they had a no outside food and drinks thing.
I’d you fill a ziploc bag of liquor and put it in your trousers, you can just buy a coke and you’re set!!
There has been a new vendor the last three or four years and they’re pretty awful. The selections are greatly overpriced. I don’t think they have the bottomless soft drink option anymore. But the team is good now so it doesn’t matter as much, lol.
Check to see if they are allowing food to be brought in this year. You can bring in anything as long as it's unwrapped and in a gallon ziploc bag. One note, use smaller ziplocs or multiple gallons inside the one to keep things separated.

There hasn't been a drink refill in a long time, not even bring the cup back and get it discounted. Unless they are doing some produce less trash promotion look to have to pay for each one.

Most vendors will give you some ice on hot days, so that can help keep the soda cooler longer or cool water.

Also check about bringing in water in a sealed bottle. Frozen is still sealed and I didn't have a problem bringing it in frozen. Then use as ice pack until it melts and then drink.

*** food and water were allowed last year so still should be this year unless something has changed

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Snacks in clear plastic bags are allowed. Water in a bottle is hit and miss. I’ve brought bottles in with no problem but on a couple of occasions they’ve told my wife, who had some in her clear carry bag, that she couldn’t bring it in. That’s just bad training by the screeners.
(08-22-2023, 07:58 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm on a natural high right now, things are good and we pulled the trigger and purchased season tickets this year. It's going to be our first time as a family of 6 having season tickets and I'm thrilled to get the kids to the games finally. That said it's been a long time since we had season tickets back in 2001-2004. How bad are the prices at the food vendors these days? Do they have any kind of refillable drink passes for non alcoholic drinks? we're in the 412 section so I know we're going to roast but just trying to budget as best as we can. 

I got the parking pass close to the stadium so that's a plus! overall I'm probably more excited then anyone but my youngest really got into it last year so this should put him over the top.

A one gallon ziplock bag with snacks is permitted to carry in and one (up to)16.9 oz sealed bottle of water per ticket.
Details here: https://www.jaguars.com/stadium/

Click on "know before you go" if it doesn't direct you there

Print this out  ^ and bring it if you are worried about a testy gate attendant turning away your water/snacks.

They added a few more water fountains with the bottle refilling spouts around the concourses for refilling those bottles you bring in. 

I'd take advantage of this for the kids as the prices are pretty stupid and getting worse. 

I usually just eat a solid meal and a cocktail prior so I can limit food and alcohol purchase inside. 
Bringing water and a ziplock of snacks is a good move though - especially in Sept/Oct when the heat is raging.
(08-22-2023, 08:44 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]I’d you fill a ziploc bag of liquor and put it in your trousers, you can just buy a coke and you’re set!!

Vodka doesn't have a distinct smell and mixes good with lemonade.  I don't think it still exists but refills (when purchasing the souvenir cup) used to be offered for $3, which wasn't bad.  

I actually saw a lady pull fried chicken out of her allowable clear plastic bag so I think food may be allowed in the clear plastic bag as well .... but yes, Eat Before Your Go In is highly recommended (especially for a family of 6)
(08-23-2023, 10:14 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2023, 08:44 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]I’d you fill a ziploc bag of liquor and put it in your trousers, you can just buy a coke and you’re set!!

Vodka doesn't have a distinct smell and mixes good with lemonade.  I don't think it still exists but refills (when purchasing the souvenir cup) used to be offered for $3, which wasn't bad.  

I actually saw a lady pull fried chicken out of her allowable clear plastic bag so I think food may be allowed in the clear plastic bag as well .... but yes, Eat Before Your Go In is highly recommended (especially for a family of 6)
You can bring in anything... I've brought in subs, hamburgers, some wings, etc. Just make sure it doesn't have a wrapper on it or they will freak out like it matters.

I've never had an issue with water as long as its in your hand. In the bag was a problem but carry through security was fine. I also froze it and it was cold and drinkable around halftime.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
You are allowed to take in one 16oz bottle oz sealed water each, there is and apparently will be again a bottomless souvenir cup for soft drinks. Alcohol and most food is high.'
edit: last year the bottomless refills were free when you purchased the souvenir cup and take it back every game.
concessions link
Get a 3 oz flat plastic flask, like they sell full of liquor at liquor stores, fill it with whatever liquor you like, for example rum, and put it in your pocket.  No one has ever hassled me about it.  I don't remember what a cocktail costs at a Jags game, but it's a lot, and they are not generous with the shot of liquor they put in it.  Worst of all, they don't accept cash, so the wife sees it on the credit card bill and asks about it.

"What's this $15 at the Jags game?  I don't have a receipt for that."  

"A rum and coke."

"ONE rum and coke?  One single rum and coke?"
(08-25-2023, 10:42 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Get a 3 oz flat plastic flask, like they sell full of liquor at liquor stores, fill it with whatever liquor you like, for example rum, and put it in your pocket.  No one has ever hassled me about it.  I don't remember what a cocktail costs at a Jags game, but it's a lot, and they are not generous with the shot of liquor they put in it.  Worst of all, they don't accept cash, so the wife sees it on the credit card bill and asks about it.

"A rum and coke."

Are you really that hen pecked? C’mon…
(08-25-2023, 11:38 AM)Hi homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2023, 10:42 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Get a 3 oz flat plastic flask, like they sell full of liquor at liquor stores, fill it with whatever liquor you like, for example rum, and put it in your pocket.  No one has ever hassled me about it.  I don't remember what a cocktail costs at a Jags game, but it's a lot, and they are not generous with the shot of liquor they put in it.  Worst of all, they don't accept cash, so the wife sees it on the credit card bill and asks about it.

"A rum and coke."

Are you really that hen pecked? C’mon…

She's very detail oriented.  And cheap.

And of course she's right.  There's no reason to pay 15 bucks for 1 ounce of rum.
(08-25-2023, 12:50 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2023, 11:38 AM)Hi homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Are you really that hen pecked? C’mon…

She's very detail oriented.  And cheap.

And of course she's right.  There's no reason to pay 15 bucks for 1 ounce of rum.

12oz coke is like 6 bucks of that, come on.
(08-28-2023, 10:11 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2023, 12:50 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]She's very detail oriented.  And cheap.

Rum and coke? (bleh) C’mon…
(08-28-2023, 10:11 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2023, 12:50 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]She's very detail oriented.  And cheap.

The 15 bucks is for 1 oz of rum and 4 oz of coca cola.  

So I take my 3 ounces of rum into the stadium, buy a 12 oz coca cola for $6, and I have the equivalent of 3 rum and cokes.  Which, if I bought them at the stadium bar, would cost me about $45.  

It's not the money so much as it's the principle of the thing.  I'll pay for a club seat, but I draw the line at $15 cocktails, especially if all I have to do is put the rum in a plastic flask, put it in my pocket, and walk in with it.

(08-28-2023, 10:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-28-2023, 10:11 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]12oz coke is like 6 bucks of that, come on.

Rum and coke? (bleh) C’mon…

Rum and coke is a great drink because it combines the two drugs I can still do- caffeine and alcohol.
(08-28-2023, 10:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-28-2023, 10:11 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]12oz coke is like 6 bucks of that, come on.

The 15 bucks is for 1 oz of rum and 4 oz of coca cola.  

So I take my 3 ounces of rum into the stadium, buy a 12 oz coca cola for $6, and I have the equivalent of 3 rum and cokes.  Which, if I bought them at the stadium bar, would cost me about $45.  

It's not the money so much as it's the principle of the thing.  I'll pay for a club seat, but I draw the line at $15 cocktails, especially if all I have to do is put the rum in a plastic flask, put it in my pocket, and walk in with it.

(08-28-2023, 10:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Rum and coke? (bleh) C’mon…

Rum and coke is a great drink because it combines the two drugs I can still do- caffeine and alcohol.

Laughing

I’ve never cared for the taste of rum. Plus, it gives me a headache.
I don’t know how y’all are drinking booze at the games. It’s usually too damn hot for any of that to be happening! Lol
(08-28-2023, 11:21 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t know how y’all are drinking booze at the games. It’s usually too damn hot for any of that to be happening! Lol

It's the only way I can stand the incredibly loud music.
Pages: 1 2