Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What are your predictions for season end?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
At season end who do yall think it will be?

Most improved player on offense:   Walker Little, I think Little has a great first 4 games where it will be to hard to put Cam back at LT, i also think Harrison plays very good to where they don't want to move him as well and Cam is ends up the swing tackle or possibly LG depending on how Bartch plays

Most improved player on defense:  Devin Lloyd, Lloyd goes on to be one of the better MLB in the NFL on his way to a Pro Bowl ear

Breakout player:  Andre Cisco,  Cisco goes on to an All Pro season and becomes one of the most feared safeties in the league and continues on like the game he had in KC

Most disappointing player:  Cam Robinson, after the big contract he just hasn't lived up to it.  He gives us good depth this year in case of injury but it will be his last year in Jax.  I hope I'm wrong on this and he comes back from the injury 100% and has a career year and makes it a tough decision at season end because he had such a good year.  Time Will Tell

Best Player:  Trevor Lawrence,  this was easy for me.  I think he takes the next step and wins MVP this year.  A new era begins, the Trevor Lawrence era!
Most improved player on offense: Walker Little. I’m guessing Little gets most of his snaps at LG this year after Robinson returns. I just can’t see the team benching Robinson’s contract and he will only play LT.

Most improved player on defense: Walker/Lloyd. These two must step up…period. Still feel Caldwell has them playing out of position!

Breakout player: Calvin Ridley.

Most disappointing player: Josh Allen. In a contract year I don’t see him even getting ten sacks. Guessing he will have a better season than last however. Solid but not impactful enough.

Best Player: Trevor Lawrence. If not, the Jags don’t make the playoffs.
Most improved on offense: Luke Fortner - I think if our offense is going to take a big step forward it starts with Luke in year two. Needs to show his head is now on a swivel and he's being more proactive instead of reactive.

Most improved on defense: Travon Walker - His strength is there. Now it's more about techniques and instincts. Can he chain his combinations together? Can he seal the deal? This is the year to do it. You're the number one pick from 2022. Show the world why.

Worst player: Josh Allen - He has yet to consistently showcase any level of dominance performance wise. Even in a contract year. I just don't see him turning the corner as everybody is hoping. It will be his last year here along with Chaisson. Would start following premier pass rushers now for next year's draft class.

Best player: Trevor Lawrence - He'll be in the MVP conversation all year. Too many options offensively. Second year and more comfortable within Pederson's offense and with a returning cast. He's poised to breakout in a big way in 2023. Cannot wait for Sunday.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
I think we have a Superbowl contending team, at season end I think the consensus is the Jags are legitimately Superbowl contenders year in year out as long as TLaw is under center.
Most improved player offense: It has to be Fortner. He was a total liability his first year. I think he only started over Shatley initially because of his draft position. They should have brought in some competition for him in the offseason. 

Most improved player defense: Lloyd. He was flying around and playing more instinctively in training camp. Caldwell was talking about using him as a blitzer more, which looks to be a strength. 

Breakout player: Hamilton if he returns will become a monster in the middle. Cisco is a close second.  

Most disappointing player offense: Bartsch. He missed most of training camp and will likely be supplanted by Little/Robinson at LG if he struggles the first four games. He probably will anyway if the coaches make a bad decision and move Little from LT to LG to appease Robinson simply because of his bloated contract. 

Most disappointing player defense: Walker. Caldwell will continue to stubbornly play him at OLB and even drop him into coverage too much. He belongs as a 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT. It's that simple. He's got great brute force and can overwhelm guards. 

Best player: Aside from Trevor, it's going to be Ridley.
MIO: Fortner. More a sign that many on the offensive side are already playing at a high level, he's got the most room to grow.

MID: Lloyd. I think the pace of the league overwhelmed him after the first few weeks, but he's already looking like the game is slowing down.

Breakout: Washington. I got this funny feeling that Agnew won't finish the season on returns, or that the team wants Washington in that role.

MDO: Robinson. Starting off with a suspension ain't helping; phoning in the entire preseason only made it worse. If he doesn't return with an elephant-sized chip on his shoulder, he's going to be costly means to keep a bench warm.

MDD: Foley. I hate to say it, but a second straight year of lower leg/foot injury is foreboding to me. He's still a good player but the nagging injuries detract from what could be an MVP in the middle of the DLine.

Best: I it ain't Trevor, we're in for a long season. Outside of him, I'll give it to Campbell. Playing with leads will force teams to pass, and that will give him ample opportunity to shine.
Most improved player on offense:  I hope it's Bartch or Fortner, but it'll probably be Scherff. 
He played through 2 injuries last year and it showed. He struggled. He's healthy and he should play like the wily vet he is this year (while healthy) 

Most improved player on defense:  Devin Lloyd - he'll still get fooled dropping in coverage at times, but I think he'll react more quickly and play with better awareness this season - less biting on pre snap movement and misdirection - more focus - look for sack opportunities in revamped blitz scheme using backers and DBs more

Breakout player:  Bigsby 

Most disappointing player:  Toss up. Bartch and Fortner are both poised to struggle giving TL a pocket to work from,  but directly opposite them we have multiple injured starters on the IDL. (Hamilton, Fatukasi) Any of these guys could be a let down when each of them really need to show progress instead. 

Best Player:  Lawrence
For the rest of the AFC South?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E
MIO: Fortner. Between him and Little. His full rookie season was as expected. I feel he takes a bigger improvement. Little has shown improvement over last season.

MID: Muma. I had several options here. Cisco, Lloyd. Walker. What I liked from Muma from last year is he seemed to be more into position. Especially, when he had game time against the run. Also, shown some promise at blitzes and generating pressure. He had some moments where he was beat on the passing game. I feel he becomes the most improved.

Breakout: Abdullah. Watching his preseason performance gives me a good feeling he will show up early in his NFL career. He will take some lumps against starters in the first quarter of the season. But, he will explode out of nowhere and could push for more defensive snaps in the 2nd half of the season.

Disappointing: Bartch. I see potential. However, I don't feel he will hold up and Little will likely take over at LG when Robinson returns from suspension.

Best Player. Lawrence. It was between him and Etienne. I feel Etienne will be dangerous when the passing game is feared by opposing defenses. But, Lawrence is set to potentially have an MVP run. I choose Trevor here.
(09-05-2023, 04:14 PM)Jagulars Wrote: [ -> ]MIO: Fortner. Between him and Little. His full rookie season was as expected. I feel he takes a bigger improvement. Little has shown improvement over last season.

MID: Muma. I had several options here. Cisco, Lloyd. Walker. What I liked from Muma from last year is he seemed to be more into position. Especially, when he had game time against the run. Also, shown some promise at blitzes and generating pressure. He had some moments where he was beat on the passing game. I feel he becomes the most improved.

Breakout: Abdullah. Watching his preseason performance gives me a good feeling he will show up early in his NFL career. He will take some lumps against starters in the first quarter of the season. But, he will explode out of nowhere and could push for more defensive snaps in the 2nd half of the season.

Disappointing: Bartch. I see potential. However, I don't feel he will hold up and Little will likely take over at LG when Robinson returns from suspension.

Best Player. Lawrence. It was between him and Etienne. I feel Etienne will be dangerous when the passing game is feared by opposing defenses. But, Lawrence is set to potentially have an MVP run. I choose Trevor here.

Etienne is also my runner up for this category. I think he's poised to be a major factor in this offense. Especially coming off the rookie injury and with that year under his belt. I think when you look at the additions of Strange and Bigsby. 

There's a good chance they mix it up quite a bit with different looks and Etienne will probably not only get opportunities with less defenders around the box, but, also lined-up out wide. 

It's the screen game I am looking forward to this year in particular. The outside zone running will more than likely be there when and if we need it. Let Etienne use his natural burst and vision there and let the rest of the offense compliment it from there.
(09-05-2023, 04:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2023, 04:14 PM)Jagulars Wrote: [ -> ]MIO: Fortner. Between him and Little. His full rookie season was as expected. I feel he takes a bigger improvement. Little has shown improvement over last season.

Etienne is also my runner up for this category. I think he's poised to be a major factor in this offense. Especially coming off the rookie injury and with that year under his belt. I think when you look at the additions of Strange and Bigsby. 

There's a good chance they mix it up quite a bit with different looks and Etienne will probably not only get opportunities with less defenders around the box, but, also lined-up out wide. 

It's the screen game I am looking forward to this year in particular. The outside zone running will more than likely be there when and if we need it. Let Etienne use his natural burst and vision there and let the rest of the offense compliment it from there.

Completely agree with you on all accounts here. This would be very favorable for him to exceed the previous year. Even with the depth behind him.
Yeah, Etienne gonna go off this year.
(09-05-2023, 04:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]

I considered him, but figured that between Bigsby getting some of his carries and the plethora of receivers we have, Etienne may not be able to rack up the yards in abundance.
Tyson Campbell will solidify himself as a top 3 cornerback in the NFL, hes honestly already at that level but because he isnt a loud mouth who gets the media attention like Ramsey i feel like no one outside of jax has really noticed.
(09-06-2023, 08:13 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2023, 04:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Etienne is also my runner up for this category. I think he's poised to be a major factor in this offense. Especially coming off the rookie injury and with that year under his belt. I think when you look at the additions of Strange and Bigsby. 

I considered him, but figured that between Bigsby getting some of his carries and the plethora of receivers we have, Etienne may not be able to rack up the yards in abundance.

Doug said he wants him to get 1600 to 1700 yards.  He will get his touches
Just get me to the tournament for the next 8 years with a shot at a Super Bowl and I’ll be happy.

Campbell - I hope he doesn’t become a top 3 CB because the Jaguars won’t be able to afford to keep him. I think he’s already a top 5 to 7.
(09-06-2023, 05:02 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Just get me to the tournament for the next 8 years with a shot at a Super Bowl and I’ll be happy.

Campbell - I hope he doesn’t become a top 3 CB because the Jaguars won’t be able to afford to keep him. I think he’s already a top 5 to 7.

The chefs have been able to pay Kelce, Jones and others along the way in spite of Mahomes' top dollar (at the time) deal.

If you want a guy bad enough, you'll find a way to afford them.
Most Improved Player on offense: Luke Fortner. A year of experience, along with some assumed strength gains.

Most Improved Player on defense: Devin Lloyd. More comfort and knowledge of the defense, combined with a high skillset.

Breakout Player: Travon Walker. I am hoping this guy's learning curve is as high as his draft status should indicate.

Best Player: Trevor Lawrence. He has no excuse with the weapons around him this year. An honorary mention to Tyson Campbell.

Comeback Player: Calvin Ridley. In limited reps thus far, I have not seen rust in his skills.

Rookie Jag of the Year: Coin flip between Tank Bigsby and Anton Harrison.

Disappointment Player: Josh Allen. In a contract year, many setting a 10+ sacks bar with pro-bowl-like level performance. I think he'll maintain his less than 8 sack level attained over the past 2 seasons with solid but not great overall performance. I hope I am completely wrong.

Surprise Player (and Contributor): Luke Farrell. Even with highly paid Engram and high pick Strange likely in front of him, I think we are going to see a healthy dose of Farrell.
I think there is hope and hype. I am not sure which one is more dangerous right now in the fanbase.
(09-08-2023, 11:33 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is hope and hype.  I am not sure which one is more dangerous right now in the fanbase.

It's a bit of both, but, it should be reasonable. Our division is weak. Lawrence was able to flip the switch last year after the entire team had to endure utter garbage with Urban here. It completely wasted his rookie season development, outside of him learning what it feels like to lose, be around bad coaches and be a franchise QB on the podium answering questions that really shouldn't be thrown at him. 

When you factor in the investments made on offense last year, with Ridley added, Harrison at RT, Bigsby at RB, Strange at TE, the returning cast of Engram, Jones and Kirk. Offensively we should be a top five unit. Defensively? We only lost Arden Key. We added more depth, we're expecting big jumps out of Walker and Lloyd in year two. 

The hype should be winning this division, at the MINIMUM. Winning this division is the hype, that should be met. 

The hope? That's all up for grabs once they make it into the play-off's. You're hoping that they can show they belong with the Chiefs, Bills and Bengals in the AFC Championship race. You're hoping they can fend off other teams and separate themselves from the likes of the Jets, Dolphins & Chargers. That's the hope. 

But the hype? [BLEEP]. They better win a minimum of 10 games and the division this year.
Pages: 1 2