Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 10th Annual TWITAFCS - Week 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Time flies.  Literally.

This marks the beginning of the 10th Season of Bullseye's legendary "This Week in the AFC South" series.  Thanks to Bullseye's motivation, this pleasant annual offering since 2014 has helped many on this board find added enjoyment in football and has also kept people interested in football while suffering through numerous abysmal Jaguar seasons.  If you haven't participated before, then welcome!  If you have participated in the past, then welcome back!

Since this is the 10th season, I'd like to take some time to recognize the previous winners of this event.  Below are the past winners/records:

1st Season (2014):   COLTSWARRIORS  (39-13)
2nd Season (2015):   COLTSWARRIORS, JAGHERD  (30-19)
3rd Season (2016):   COLTSWARRIORS  (35-17)
4th Season (2017):   UNF_NASHVILLIAN  (39-13)
5th Season (2018):   SELDOMRITE  (32-18)
6th Season (2019):   KODIAKJAG  (34-18)
7th Season (2020):   BULLSEYE  (39-13)
8th Season (2021):   BULLSEYE, RICOTX, UNF_NASHVILLIAN  (39-17)
9th Season (2022):   RICOTX  (41-14-1)
10th Season (2023):   ??

The 2023 season finds the Jaguars in the unusual position of being largely expected to win the AFC South division.  Jaguars starting quarterback Trevor Lawrence was the beneficiary of a significant upgrade in the coaching ranks last season, and appears ready to put up some great numbers this year.  Two other divisional contenders (Colts & Texans) will be starting rookie quarterbacks.  The Titans appear to be ready to roll with Tannehill for another season, banking on another strong running performance from Derrick Henry.  In spite of the expansion of the playoff format the AFCS is expected to yield a single playoff berth.  I will make my picks later in this thread.  Good luck to all who choose to participate!  All games listed below are on Sunday (9/10/2023), so please get your picks in before then.

Game 1:  Titans at Saints
Game 2:  Texans at Ravens
Game 3:  Jaguars at Colts
(09-05-2023, 06:46 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: [ -> ]...

All games listed below are on Sunday (9/10/2023), so please get your picks in before then.

saints
ravens
JAGS
Gonna try to not full Homer here.
Jags
Ravens
tacks
(09-05-2023, 08:00 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Gonna try to not full Homer here.
Jags
Ravens
tacks

I thought the same, but tacks/saints is such a toss up I went with the home team.
Jags
Ravens
Saints

Only one that will be remotely close is tacks/Saints.
For Week one I am going with:

Aint's
Dirty Birds
Jags

Last week:   0 - 0

Overall:        0 - 0
Saints
Ravens
Jags

tacks/Saints is a tough one but as NYC said I'm going with the home team there
Saints
Ravens
Jags
Week 1:
Jaguars over clots
Saints over tacks
Ravens over tinhorns
(09-05-2023, 06:46 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: [ -> ]Time flies.  Literally.

This marks the beginning of the 10th Season of Bullseye's legendary "This Week in the AFC South" series.  Thanks to Bullseye's motivation, this pleasant annual offering since 2014 has helped many on this board find added enjoyment in football and has also kept people interested in football while suffering through numerous abysmal Jaguar seasons.  If you haven't participated before, then welcome!  If you have participated in the past, then welcome back!

Since this is the 10th season, I'd like to take some time to recognize the previous winners of this event.  Below are the past winners/records:

1st Season (2014):   COLTSWARRIORS  (39-13)
2nd Season (2015):   COLTSWARRIORS, JAGHERD  (30-19)
3rd Season (2016):   COLTSWARRIORS  (35-17)
4th Season (2017):   UNF_NASHVILLIAN  (39-13)
5th Season (2018):   SELDOMRITE  (32-18)
6th Season (2019):   KODIAKJAG  (34-18)
7th Season (2020):   BULLSEYE  (39-13)
8th Season (2021):   BULLSEYE, RICO, UNF_NASHVILLIAN  (39-17)
9th Season (2022):   RICO  (41-14-1)
10th Season (2023):   ??

The 2023 season finds the Jaguars in the unusual position of being largely expected to win the AFC South division.  Jaguars starting quarterback Trevor Lawrence was the beneficiary of a significant upgrade in the coaching ranks last season, and appears ready to put up some great numbers this year.  Two other divisional contenders (Colts & Texans) will be starting rookie quarterbacks.  The Titans appear to be ready to roll with Tannehill for another season, banking on another strong running performance from Derrick Henry.  In spite of the expansion of the playoff format the AFCS is expected to yield a single playoff berth.  I will make my picks later in this thread.  Good luck to all who choose to participate!  All games listed below are on Sunday (9/10/2023), so please get your picks in before then.

Dang, son. You trying to make Bullseye jealous?

Nice work digging up the history of TWITAFCS. That's stuff I never knew

Carrying over picks from the snowy thread:

Mikesez: Jags / Ravens / tacks
snowy: Ravans / tacks / Jags
Duke: Jags / Ravens / Aints
Handsome Rob: Jags / tacks / Ravens

If you all decide to alter your picks, be sure to post here before Sunday afternoon. Best of luck to those who pick the same teams I do!!
Mikey's uninformed choices:

0-0 to start the season, simultaneously tied for first place with everyone on the board and also tied for last as well.

Duval 31 indynoplace (H) 13 - The defense gets a few turnovers at Richardson's expense. If the team jumps to an early lead, it might be more than a few. Don't get caught looking ahead, boys.

FORMER BROWNS 23 tinhorns 17 - Can Demeco Ryans get his defense to keep the game close? I think so. Can he pull off the upset? Not yet.

AINTS 28 tacks 23 - Derek Carr starts a new era in Nawlins. I don't think the tacks have the pass D to keep him under wraps. How long can Henry keep up as the bell cow?
Currently tied for first at 0-0.   Banana

Titans
Ravens
Jags
0-0

Jags
Ravens
tacks
Saints
Ravens
Jaguars
Jags 
Ravens 
Saints 

0-0
Titans
Ravens
Jaguars
Jaguars over Colts (we better not have a letdown here)
Ravens over Texans (I just can't imagine a way Houston wins this game)
Titans over Saints (I think the Titans are just good enough to win this one on the road, but if they lose I'll be happy anyway)
Easy week.
Saints
Ravens
Jaguars
(09-05-2023, 08:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2023, 08:00 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Gonna try to not full Homer here.
Jags
Ravens
tacks

I thought the same, but tacks/saints is such a toss up I went with the home team.

Yeah I just leaned toward a bit more continuity in the tacks. Thinking Saints might be good but slow to start
I forget now exactly who it was ... But in the immortal words of either Winston Churchill, Mahatma Ghandi or Montgomery C. Burns...

If you can't beat them ... Cheat! 

I'll take whichever thrice wins.

Failing that ...

Saints
Ravens
Us
Pages: 1 2