Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2023 Captains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Interesting that Josh Allen, who was a captain last year, was not elected by the players this year.
(09-06-2023, 12:12 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting that Josh Allen, who was a captain last year, was not elected by the players this year.

Contract year with something to prove on the open market + not attending OTAs likely a factor.
He's definitely a team player and all - but guys get into a "look out for number one" mode entering a contract year sometimes. That's my bets guess to why he didn't draw more votes, anyway.
I'm happy for Wingard being a captain! He used to get bashed so much on this board and he has progressively gotten better over the seasons and the team acknowledges that! Smile
(09-06-2023, 12:46 PM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: [ -> ]I'm happy for Wingard being a captain! He used to get bashed so much on this board and he has progressively gotten better over the seasons and the team acknowledges that! Smile

#1 Wingard basher here

[Image: giphy.gif]

Seriously, though... 

I hated seeing him at single high safety and pray I never do again but the dude has impressed with work ethic and attitude and just finds a way to help the team however they throw him out there the past couple of years. 

Kudos to Dewey. 
He has successfully employed advice from the pyramid of greatness and it shows.
(09-06-2023, 12:12 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting that Josh Allen, who was a captain last year, was not elected by the players this year.

I wouldn't read too much into it.  We don't know the closeness of the vote.  Maybe he won by 1 vote last year and missed it by 1 vote this year.  There are some different players casting the votes.  If you had to point to something, my guess is the skipping of OTA's.  We have a bunch of rookies making the team.  They may have appreciated RRH being there for them.
1010 said Pederson will have a 6th captain which he will select himself. Maybe Campbell, Cisco, Allen or Etienne, Ridley, or Harrison.
(09-06-2023, 04:50 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]1010 said Pederson will have a 6th captain which he will select himself. Maybe Campbell, Cisco, Allen or Etienne, Ridley, or Harrison.

It should be Paul Spicer in perpetuity. Long live Cap'n Spice!
(09-06-2023, 01:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2023, 12:46 PM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: [ -> ]I'm happy for Wingard being a captain! He used to get bashed so much on this board and he has progressively gotten better over the seasons and the team acknowledges that! Smile

#1 Wingard basher here

Seriously, though... 

I hated seeing him at single high safety and pray I never do again but the dude has impressed with work ethic and attitude and just finds a way to help the team however they throw him out there the past couple of years. 

Kudos to Dewey. 

He has a lot of heart.
(09-07-2023, 08:32 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2023, 01:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]#1 Wingard basher here

Seriously, though... 

Kudos to Dewey. 

He has a lot of heart.

you misspelled "hair"