Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Josh Allen monster game week 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got to get this out of the way right off the bay, Press Taylor ain’t gonna work. Pederson took over the play calling and the team just started playing better and in rhythm.

Allen finished the game with 3 sacks and really should’ve got 4 sacks when he had Richardson by the shoulder pads. 

Walker starts the season with 1 sack, which gives the duo 4 sacks.

We will take the W anyway we can. It was a division win, and we will take it. 

Ridley had a coming out party with 101 yards and a TD. If he didn’t run out of bounds he would have had 2 TDs and another 20 yards to his totals. 

Etienne had 104 total yards and Agnew had 78 all purpose yards. 

Bigsby also scored his first professional TD in his Jaguars debut. Gotta catch the football instead of letting it bounce into an interception.

Offensive line played good enough and allowed 2 sacks.

Tyson Campbell gets an interception.

McManus hit the 45 yard FG and was perfect on his extra points. 

Zay Jones with a TD. 

Engram ‘Mossed’ a guy. 

Trevor Lawrence made some big boy throws and was fitting the football into drive thru windows. This dude is elite, there’s no doubt about it. 

Herndon had a nice couple of plays early in the game.

Thomas had a nice tackle on special teams but I don’t think he was credited with the tackle?

But the player of the game has to be Josh Allen. 3 sack game. I just hope he doesn’t have that lull like he did last season where he goes the next 5 games without a sack. It must be the dark visor. Dude looks menacing with the visor, I hope he wears it all season.
Slightly inflated. I think for at least one he was just the closest guy when Richardson ran out of bounds but absolutely great game from Josh Allen. He also set the tone in the run game. Monster hit for tfl. Very impressive!
Allen should’ve had 4 sacks but Richardson threw the football before Allen could bring him down.

Allen had a huge game. He knocked the fire outta one of ‘em. Which reminds me…Cisco and Lloyd lowered the boom too.

All 3 players had some hard licks. Home boy got hit and went to the side line and started giving “surfs up” signals to the crowd, and then he went inside the portable hospital and didn’t make a play the rest of the game after Cisco Molly Whopped him. Bro was smiling to the crowd but them knees was buckled and his brain was cloudy. You could see him wobbling when Ogletree got up from the hit, he looked at the ref and said “chicken nuggets.”
Josh played a great game. Love it.
He really needs to be our best player on defense along with Campbell.
Josh is going to go off this year....Kind of like Taylor did last year. Was he matched up with that rookie Tackle?
Also shout out to Foye Oluokun for making a huuuge play on the 4th and 1 play in the 3rd quarter. There’s not many guys in the league that can make that type of play.
(09-10-2023, 05:31 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]Josh is going to go off this year....Kind of like Taylor did last year.  Was he matched up with that rookie Tackle?

Taylor went off last year? Huh? Jawaan?
(09-10-2023, 05:49 PM)SuperJville Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2023, 05:31 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]Josh is going to go off this year....Kind of like Taylor did last year.  Was he matched up with that rookie Tackle?

Taylor went off last year? Huh? Jawaan?

I think he means in a contract year, he will have his best season.
Got it.
Yeah I hope he has his best year yet. We need him to.
I hope its a sign of things to come rather than his typical yearly domination followed by not much else
He was in beast mode. He blew up the running backs too. X-Factor
He'll get 15 sacks and bail for a new team.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
(09-10-2023, 05:11 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]Slightly inflated.  I think for at least one he was just the closest guy when Richardson ran out of bounds but absolutely great game from Josh Allen.  He also set the tone in the run game.  Monster hit for tfl.  Very impressive!

He was the reason he ran out of bounds.
(09-10-2023, 06:11 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]He'll get 15 sacks and bail for a new team.

Haha.
If he gets 15 it probably means we have an excellent season.

I would definitely franchise tag him.
Also a shout out to #94 Foley Fatukasi. He had a very good game. He had a Arden Key type performance were not a lot on the stats sheet but effected the game heavily.

Almost had the sack, but Richardson spun out of it. He also had a couple of “hole cloggers” and got push up front on a few plays. He went hard all game and his conditioning seems to be where it needs to be.

Good ball game by him.

Also Shout out to Agnew for flipping this game on its head and once again giving us great field position at a moment when we needed it the most. The punt bounced and looked like the Colts were going to down it, when suddenly Agnew scoops it and returns it almost 50 yards, and almost busted loose for a TD. The Jaguars were down 21-17 in the 4th quarter with about 10:46 left in the ball game. The Jaguars used that momentum to March down the field and score a TD to take the lead 21-24.

Agnew is a game breaker. Huge swing play.
He had a great game and played with great intensity and leadership today and it was a beautiful thing to witness. Congrats Josh on balling out and being a huge reason for the win today!
Seems it took Allen four years to have a monster game. I'm gonna give Walker some more time.
(09-11-2023, 12:13 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]Seems it took Allen four years to have a monster game.  I'm gonna give Walker some more time.

You should of seen his game against Buffalo 2 years ago
Allen played his tail off yesterday. I have 0 complaints
(09-10-2023, 06:11 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]He'll get 15 sacks and bail for a new team.

Compensatory pick incoming!