Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Game Balls!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lawrence: It wasn't perfect. He misses some passes to Kirk where Kirk was wide open. He also had some big boy elite throws. That pass to Zay Jones in the end zone was as good as it gets. 

Ridley: Already showing his [BLEEP] in his first Jags game. 8 catches, over 100 yards, a Td in his debut? Wow. This is a good Colts pass defense. 11th last year

Zay Jones: Some key catches including that beautiful catch in the end zone

Ingram: Money well spent. Remains a weapon

Bigsby: Yes he had that terrible missed catch for the int in the first half.  He made up for it with those 2 massive power runs at the goal line when we needed it. 

ETN: He is still that home run threat. His break out TD run in the 4th quarter sealed the deal. 

ALLEN: He was a disruptive force today. Outside his sack he was flying around. He was laying the wood out there today. 

Walker: Still a work in progress. He made some big plays in the game. Nice sack in the first half. 

Tyson Campbell: Late 4th quarter int combined with some big hits. 

Jaguars Defense: They got more turnovers than what shows up on the stat sheet. At the least 3 or 4 turnovers on downs. 

Pederson: The man still has steel balls. Down by 4 late in the game in field goal range. 4th down and goes for it. Leads to the go ahead lead late in the game.
Allen on defense
Ridley on offense
Giving a game ball to the whole defense. They held them to 14 points today with Allen having a career day.

Offensively it goes to Lawrence. He made the plays when he had to. Buying time. Rolling around. The throw to Zay. Throw to Ridley.

The line needs to get better. He should have had over 300 yards today.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Allen was a monster today. He wants that extension. Shatley needs to be in for Fortner
(09-10-2023, 04:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Allen was a monster today.  He wants that extension.  Shatley needs to be in for Fortner

Shatley needs to be in for Bartch, and Scherff needs to actually play instead of watching the game as if he’s at a bar-b-que
I think Harrison was our best olineman today

(09-10-2023, 05:12 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2023, 04:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Allen was a monster today.  He wants that extension.  Shatley needs to be in for Fortner

Shatley needs to be in for Bartch, and Scherff needs to actually play instead of watching the game as if he’s at a bar-b-que
When Cam comes back Little needs to be in for Bartch.  They need to go-ahead and put Shatley in for Fortner
Jamal Agnew may be the most clutch returner I've ever seen. When the games on the line all of a sudden your out past midfield.
(09-10-2023, 05:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I think Harrison was our best olineman today

(09-10-2023, 05:12 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Shatley needs to be in for Bartch, and Scherff needs to actually play instead of watching the game as if he’s at a bar-b-que
When Cam comes back Little needs to be in for Bartch.  They need to go-ahead and put Shatley in for Fortner

I’m talking about week 2.
Colts rbs had 16 carries for 25 yards. Shut down the offense they wanted to run. Would have been ugly if offense executed more efficiently. Front 7 looks like a problem. Shout out to devin loyyd, was worried he'd get lost in the sauce on misdirection.
Offense is close. I'll give it to Ridley. He would have had 120+ if it wasn't for the holding call. He showed up on game 1 after being out of the league for a bit.

Defense obviously Josh Allen. 8 solo tackles, 3 sacks, 2 QB hits. Contract year. Have ti give props to Cisco playing hard today too.
Harrison is by far our best offensive lineman. He was text book today. Little also played good. Scherff has me going thru it, what was that? Bartch seemed to not be able to get to the 2nd level when needed. Fortner was matched up with Buckner who would be a problem for most centers but he played ok.

I know some of you will be posting those PFF grades. I wish they had a category when players take plays off because Scherff would be leading the team in that category.
Why aren’t we talking more about that Zay catch?

That was amazing, the announcers were so lame “if this was Aaron Rodgers we’d be going crazy” so stupid, would be a more memorable play with better commentary

Unfortunately Shatley isn't better. 
Looked bad a RG until Scherff came back (who was also bad)
The scary part is that none of them were as bad as Ben Bartch

*sigh*
(09-10-2023, 05:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

*sigh*

That's because Shatley hasn't played RG.  His best position is Center and he's absolutely better than Fortner right now.  Can Fortner get better?  Hopefully

(09-10-2023, 05:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

*sigh*

It was Bartches first game back since his injury so he gets a little pass.  Fortner though was just as bad
(09-10-2023, 05:17 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]Jamal Agnew may be the most clutch returner I've ever seen.  When the games on the line all of a sudden your out past midfield.

He's an asset

Can't believe we had folks seriously talking about letting him go a few months ago to save money.
For those that say Fornter is a problem, go over to the pic thread and you will see who the problems are.

Some of y’all did this same thing last year with Jawaan Taylor and I kept telling you guys to go look for yourself.

The proof is laid out in the pic thread.
(09-10-2023, 05:50 PM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Why aren’t we talking more about that Zay catch?

That was amazing, the announcers were so lame “if this was Aaron Rodgers we’d be going crazy” so stupid, would be a more memorable play with better commentary

Still getting the F list broadcast even though we're defending division champs and have one of the top young QB in the league.

Grape jerb fawks.

There was dead air on so many pivotal moments, like these guys have no idea that their job is to call the plays and make commentary on what they are seeing.

While Allen had a monster game I think Campbell gets overlooked here. That pick was a heckuva play and perfectly timed to steal all the momentum late in the game. He also forced a fumble earlier on the day.

I still wanna see what he can do when we get to playing with big leads and teams start throwing desperation. He'll make em pay, that's for certain.

On offense I'll give it to Trevor over Ridley, gonna be a fun season with these two playing together
Zay Jones catch was the play of the day on CBS' broadcast. I saw it at some point when the Chargers and Dolphins were playing and it was halftime for them. I was worried about who would be that circus catch receiver with Marvin Jones gone, looks like we already know the answer to that question. In truth, it's probably Ridley AND Jones.