Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Can somebody post a pic of the Bigsby int before the throw?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Freeze it right before the throw, and maybe a tad bit after the snap. I think Scherff completely decided not to block which created too much pressure. 

Also it looks like Bartch got beat, and Fortner seemed to be expecting help from Scherff which put him behind the 8 ball which also caused pressure.

Btw, that was an audible by Lawrence which seemed to be a “Ritchie” instead of a “Lucy” (seemed like he just audibled to the opposite side of the original play call).

I don’t think this int is on Lawrence or Bigsby. It was a rushed throw, caused by pressure and Bigsby wasn’t supposed to be the primary target. The entire play was out of sync due to the heavy pressure.

I’m putting this on Sherff. He also had another play where he decided to not play at all which was on the Ridley catch when the 2 Colts players collided into each other. Scherff was just standing there like he had tickets to the game.

Pretty weird coming from a 5 time pro bowl player with 1 all pro selection.
Also can you post a pic of the play in the 2nd quarter of the 3rd and 4 play at the 11:00 mark of the game.

Jaguars run a shotgun trap play where Scherff pulled from RG and was supposed to seal off the lane, and he completely didn’t block the guy and the play got stuffed for no gain. Buckner stopped and Scherff did some lazy half block and it killed the play.
Can you also post a pic before the throw in the 2nd quarter with 1:11 on the game clock on the 3rd and 6 play.

Look at Scherff and look and Buckner.

Can you also post a pic in the 3rd quarter at the 9:10 on game clock on the toss play to Etienne on 3rd and 1.

Look where Scherff is. What was that??
How about 3rd quarter with 2:29 on the game clock, the 1st and 20 play where Lawrence got sacked.

Buckner was lined up over the center, and Scherff was supposed to help block, but it was the laziest help block of the entire game. Meanwhile, Bartch got destroyed with a swim move and his guy ended up hitting Lawrence.

Scherff should have did a better job of helping out on Buckner, however Buckner almost split Fortner and Scherff before Bartch gave up the QB hit.

Buckner picks up the football and runs it in for a TD. That was on Bartch.
So you’re telling me Scherff sucked today
3rd quarter, 1:12, 3rd and 3, pass batted down.

Scherff gets pushed back and doesn’t allow Lawrence to step up in the pocket as Little gave up pressure from the DE.

For all the Herndon haters.

4th quarter, 3rd and 8, 11:06.
(09-10-2023, 05:54 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]3rd quarter, 1:12, 3rd and 3, pass batted down.

Scherff gets pushed back and doesn’t allow Lawrence to step up in the pocket as Little gave up pressure from the DE.

For all the Herndon haters.

4th quarter, 3rd and 8, 11:06.

What I don’t understand is you’re clearly watching replays to remember this, why don’t you just screenshot the moment and post it?
Brenton Strange carries Bigsby almost in the endzone. 4th quarter, 5:59, 2nd and 4.

What a dang good play by Strange, Fortner, and Harrison to keep pushing the pile, but it was a heads up play by Strange to get it started.
(09-10-2023, 05:51 PM)SuperJville Wrote: [ -> ]So you’re telling me Scherff sucked today
The whole line did for the most part. Harrison had his moments. Little had his moments. The whole interior struggled to create running lanes.

We'll barely win 10 games this year and maybe win the division if they don't improve. You can forget a deep play off run.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
4th quarter, 5:06, 2nd and 10, the Campbell int. Imagine if our offensive line would block like that.

Ledbetter got an F5’d Brock Leznar bombed, and Walker got put in a lawn chair while Richardson threw from a helicopter pad.
(09-10-2023, 06:03 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2023, 05:51 PM)SuperJville Wrote: [ -> ]So you’re telling me Scherff sucked today
The whole line did for the most part. Harrison had his moments. Little had his moments. The whole interior struggled to create running lanes.

We'll barely win 10 games this year and maybe win the division if they don't improve. You can forget a deep play off run.

I agree. Our interior line is really terrible.

Would’ve preferred an offensive lineman in round 3.
4th quarter Etienne TD, Strange sealed the backside block to spring it.

Unsung hero type player all game. Those type of plays are huge.

For fun: Devin Lloyd got paralyzed by Richardson on the 4th down run, 1:14 game clock.
(09-10-2023, 06:06 PM)SuperJville Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2023, 06:03 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]The whole line did for the most part. Harrison had his moments. Little had his moments. The whole interior struggled to create running lanes.

I agree. Our interior line is really terrible.

Would’ve preferred an offensive lineman in round 3.
Yeahhhh. Hate to say it but maybe passing on Torrence was a mistake. Just like it was a mistake passing on Salyer the previous year in that draft. We're going to live and die by offensive line play this year. [BLEEP] sucks.

It’s Scherff and Bartch, not Fortner. When a guard is standing up without blocking, chipping, or helping it means he don’t wanna hit if he ain’t got to.

I would have yanked his behind so quick. He wouldn’t play another down.
(09-10-2023, 06:17 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]It’s Scherff and Bartch, not Fortner. When a guard is standing up without blocking, chipping, or helping it means he don’t wanna hit if he ain’t got to.

I would have yanked his behind so quick. He wouldn’t play another down.

Isthis before of after Scherff got injured ?  Also who would you have put in?
(09-10-2023, 05:04 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Freeze it right before the throw, and maybe a tad bit after the snap. I think Scherff completely decided not to block which created too much pressure. 

Also it looks like Bartch got beat, and Fortner seemed to be expecting help from Scherff which put him behind the 8 ball which also caused pressure.

Btw, that was an audible by Lawrence which seemed to be a “Ritchie” instead of a “Lucy” (seemed like he just audibled to the opposite side of the original play call).

I don’t think this int is on Lawrence or Bigsby. It was a rushed throw, caused by pressure and Bigsby wasn’t supposed to be the primary target. The entire play was out of sync due to the heavy pressure.

I’m putting this on Sherff. He also had another play where he decided to not play at all which was on the Ridley catch when the 2 Colts players collided into each other. Scherff was just standing there like he had tickets to the game.

Nah

The 4 down linemen for the colts were aligned so that there was no one over LT or RG 
They lined up: 
over in-line TE outside of LT
over LG
over Center
and over RT 

Batch's guy blew right past him, Fortner's guy blew right past him and smacked the crap out of Lawrence immediately on release

Scherff was helping the RT and Strange was supposed to come fill the gap an ILB might shoot but tripped on Harrison's feet Little had nothing to do as Farrell blocked the end for him and Batch's guy wasn't in range (inside)

Fortner and Bartch got killed and it affected the pass 

I'll give you a GIF so you can see it
I felt like when Shatley took over for Scherff we were doing better... Shatley Shundays, Baby
(09-10-2023, 07:33 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]I felt like when Shatley took over for Scherff we were doing better...  Shatley Shundays, Baby

They wouldn't have put a banged up Scherff back out there if that was the case
NYC, I know it’s time consuming but would you mind posting the pics? I would post them if I knew how.

Edit: Just saw where you said you would post GIFS which would be even better.
(09-10-2023, 07:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2023, 05:04 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Freeze it right before the throw, and maybe a tad bit after the snap. I think Scherff completely decided not to block which created too much pressure. 

Nah

The 4 down linemen for the colts were aligned so that there was no one over LT or RG 
They lined up: 
over in-line TE outside of LT
over LG
over Center
and over RT 

Batch's guy blew right past him, Fortner's guy blew right past him and smacked the crap out of Lawrence immediately on release

Scherff was helping the RT and Strange was supposed to come fill the gap an ILB might shoot but tripped on Harrison's feet Little had nothing to do as Farrell blocked the end for him and Batch's guy wasn't in range (inside)

Fortner and Bartch got killed and it affected the pass 

I'll give you a GIF so you can see it

Here's the play 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Here's Trevor getting murdered by Fortner's whiffed blocking assignment

[Image: giphy.gif]
Pages: 1 2