Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Unnecessary roughness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone else get the idea that the refs were specifically looking to call this only on the Jaguars in particular?

Watching the end of the dolphins game I'm seeing worse hits than the Jaguars committed going uncalled.
(09-10-2023, 07:34 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else get the idea that the refs were specifically looking to call this only on the Jaguars in particular?

Watching the end of the dolphins game I'm seeing worse hits than the Jaguars committed going uncalled.
I think the calls were bad. Lloyd and Cisco's hits were both ticky tacky and I saw shoulders leading the hit and not launching with the helmet or an elbow being thrown.

I am all for player safety but they also need to let defenders play defense sometimes.

The one on Lloyd bothered me the most because he was going low to make a tackle aimed for an upright player that just happened to start slipping downwards.

I'll also be fair. I think Lawrence got away with a delay of game on that Ridley TD pass.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
I knew this post was coming. And I agree it was lame on both plays. Very lame. This is pro football and Ronnie Lott and Donovin Darius are laughing right now at these soft referees.

I was waiting on the refs to throw a flag when the 2 Colts players collided.

Most refs have never spun a football.
(09-10-2023, 07:44 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I knew this post was coming. And I agree it was lame on both plays. Very lame. This is pro football and Ronnie Lott and Donovin Darius are laughing right now at these soft referees.

The soft aspect of it doesn't bother me, but the fact that they seemed to be looking for reasons to make such calls against the Jaguars and not other teams is what's irritating.
(09-10-2023, 07:49 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2023, 07:44 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I knew this post was coming. And I agree it was lame on both plays. Very lame. This is pro football and Ronnie Lott and Donovin Darius are laughing right now at these soft referees.

The soft aspect of it doesn't bother me, but the fact that they seemed to be looking for reasons to make such calls against the Jaguars and not other teams is what's irritating.

You’re not alone on this one. Both calls were bad. Once 1 ref threw the flag, all the others started throwing there flags as if 1 wasn’t enough.

What about that 1 measurement for the first down tho. That was comical. I was bruh for real ?
I don't mind the game getting softer just call it fair and consistent.
(09-10-2023, 08:20 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I don't mind the game getting softer just call it fair and consistent.

Exactly. I could see one bad call like that, but multiple makes it seem like we're being targeted.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cwn7nyQSe...ODBiNWFlZA==

(09-10-2023, 09:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cwn7nyQSe...ODBiNWFlZA==

Loved the "Jacked Up" segment back in the day.
The colts had some home cooking, but it wasn’t enough this time. In previous years, the home cooking would have been the difference.

(09-10-2023, 10:01 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/andrecisco7/status/1...7160988694

I seen that. What a blind side. Haha   Ouch
Reading on the clots board post game: they were swearing up and down that Cisco should be fined for the “hit” he put on Richardson at the end of the game.

Fans are wild man.
(09-10-2023, 10:01 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/andrecisco7/status/1...7160988694

I love dre, but that's a childish post
  I think refs have taken the defenseless receiver thing too far, but that's got nothing to do with an established  runner in the field of play.
Jags are not going to get less pentlys called on them then the oppents. we all know nfl.  The other team will always get less pentlys then jags unless the ref is new,and hasn't been told to call everything againest jacksonville.  Thats fine cause even with the refs againest the jags the new era jags wil lfind a way to win.
Leon Searcy said on the radio show after the game that there was a call against the clots that was suspect a few plays after the personal foul called on Lloyd that he said he felt was absolutely a make up call for the Lloyd one for what it’s worth.
(09-10-2023, 11:56 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]Leon Searcy said on the radio show after the game that there was a call against the clots that was suspect a few plays after the personal foul called on Lloyd that he said he felt was absolutely a make up call for the Lloyd one for what it’s worth.

It was for a chop block I believe,  and it absolutely was.  People in the game thread were calling it a make-up call as well but it was blatant.  We played a relatively mistake free game minus the turnovers,  those penalties were just from putting forth maximum effort and the league being soft.  I didn't see any hits to the head directly or on a "defenseless" player.
(09-10-2023, 07:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2023, 07:34 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else get the idea that the refs were specifically looking to call this only on the Jaguars in particular?

I think the calls were bad. Lloyd and Cisco's hits were both ticky tacky and I saw shoulders leading the hit and not launching with the helmet or an elbow being thrown.

I am all for player safety but they also need to let defenders play defense sometimes.

The one on Lloyd bothered me the most because he was going low to make a tackle aimed for an upright player that just happened to start slipping downwards.

I'll also be fair. I think Lawrence got away with a delay of game on that Ridley TD pass.

I thought that watching live tbh I was expecting a flag.

Sure not complaining when it didn't come though.
(09-10-2023, 08:20 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I don't mind the game getting softer just call it fair and consistent.

Idk i am on the fence with this statement.  I do kind of mind as it has taken some of the enjoyment of watching good defense being played.  Now a legit stop can result in the opposing offense being given new life from ticky tacky calls and it doesnt sit real well with me.  How can a defender adjust to the offensive player shifting his body to cause the illegal "hit" after he has already committed/launched his body.

Part of watching the game in the past was the big hit.  The players are paid tens of millions because it is a violent game and yea there can be injuries just like there always has been.  The pay is well above that in the past and i think they need to just deal and accept that and lay off these "soft" game day experiences.

My thoughts, I am not a big fan of the "softness" of the world as a whole right now, the NFL included.
(09-11-2023, 05:36 AM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]

Idk i am on the fence with this statement.  I do kind of mind as it has taken some of the enjoyment of watching good defense being played.  Now a legit stop can result in the opposing offense being given new life from ticky tacky calls and it doesnt sit real well with me.  How can a defender adjust to the offensive player shifting his body to cause the illegal "hit" after he has already committed/launched his body.

Part of watching the game in the past was the big hit.  The players are paid tens of millions because it is a violent game and yea there can be injuries just like there always has been.  The pay is well above that in the past and i think they need to just deal and accept that and lay off these "soft" game day experiences.

My thoughts, I am not a big fan of the "softness" of the world as a whole right now, the NFL included.

Easily actually, just quit launching and instead wrap the guy in a hug. That's the only thing that's going to stop this from happening.
(09-11-2023, 08:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2023, 05:36 AM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]Idk i am on the fence with this statement.  I do kind of mind as it has taken some of the enjoyment of watching good defense being played.  Now a legit stop can result in the opposing offense being given new life from ticky tacky calls and it doesnt sit real well with me.  How can a defender adjust to the offensive player shifting his body to cause the illegal "hit" after he has already committed/launched his body.

Easily actually, just quit launching and instead wrap the guy in a hug. That's the only thing that's going to stop this from happening.

This is why I hate today's NFL. This is why we don't see prominent NFL safeties anymore since the Ed Reed / Troy Polamalu era. Defenders should still be able to play football. Unless they're leading with a forearm or helmet? I could give two [BLEEP] if he's launching like Michael Jordan from the 3 PT boundary to dunk on the whole damn team.

If it's clearly a shoulder hit and it's not BLATANTLY being aimed at the players helmet? All's fair. QB's and WR's are getting too comfortable with that over the middle and down the seams [BLEEP]. It's okay for a 6'5+ behemoth of a TE to run uncontested down the middle, make the catch and proceed to stiff arm and truck defenders into the shadow realm but god forbid, I don't know, a safety actually does his [BLEEP] job? 

The only thing thats going to stop this from happening is the NFL realizing they're neutering their own product. Might as well just let these guys play flag football at this point if a defender has to worry about his safety and the opponents safety every [BLEEP] time the play happens over the middle. Cisco's post is also fair. Blindside blocks by receivers, backs and lineman happen way, way more than any launching does and it's seldom caught or called.
Pages: 1 2