Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 3 Things I learned today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Travis Ettiene is the truth. Consistently productive. Fast as greased lightning. Sold out to do what it takes to win. Any of us who doubted him being worth a first round pick were wrong.

2. Trevor is totally infatuated with his new toy, Calvin Ridley. And it’s not without reason. But he had Kirk open twice on a shorten route with no defender within 5 yards and another time the same with one of the TEs and chose to force longer sideline throws to Ridley in tight coverage. That needs to be cleaned up.

3. Doug is an elite coach and I’m not. He kept trusting Tank after the brainless fumble play. I was livid! I would have sat him for the rest of the game. But instead Doug put him back in the game, got two great runs from Tank, and preserved the rookie’s confidence. Much respect.

Bonus: Hoosiers are imminently nice people. They were welcoming and nice to us jags fans. The ones I talked with in the stadium, and outside the stadium, were polite and good-natured, and spoke positively about our team. On the way home, even talked with a guy in a convenience store about 30 minutes north of Indy, who was at the game and he was just the nicest young guy you ever saw before. I encouraged him about his team and about what his quarterback is going to be. I love the good sportsmanship of my fellow Hoosiers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually am a big fan of not pulling guys for making a single mistake, it instills confidence into the young guy that they still believe in him. Now if he fumbled or something soon after id get it.
Did you learn anything about piped in crowd noise?
In the NFL you don't pull a guy out of a game because of one bad play. One bad circumstance led to another, but ball security needs to be addressed as well as playing through the whistle. These are paid adults and they are probably their own worst critic, they need to get their head right and the best way to do that is to feed them again. It speaks volumes.

(09-11-2023, 12:12 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]Did you learn anything about piped in crowd noise?

Or how to draw more personal foul calls randomly?
I think Trevor worked with Ridley the most during the off-season and was probably favoring him, get rid of the rust
(09-11-2023, 12:15 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]In the NFL you don't pull a guy out of a game because of one bad play.  One bad circumstance led to another,  but ball security needs to be addressed as well as playing through the whistle.  These are paid adults and they are probably their own worst critic,  they need to get their head right and the best way to do that is to feed them again.  It speaks volumes.

(09-11-2023, 12:12 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]Did you learn anything about piped in crowd noise?

*laughs in Urban Meyer benching james robinson after one fumble for Carlos Hyde*

it was loud!

(09-11-2023, 12:15 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]In the NFL you don't pull a guy out of a game because of one bad play. One bad circumstance led to another, but ball security needs to be addressed as well as playing through the whistle. These are paid adults and they are probably their own worst critic, they need to get their head right and the best way to do that is to feed them again. It speaks volumes.

That, too! Those calls were chicken crap.

(09-10-2023, 10:29 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]1.  Travis Ettiene is the truth. Consistently productive. Fast as greased lightning. Sold out to do what it takes to win. Any of us who doubted him being worth a first round pick were wrong.

2.  Trevor is totally infatuated with his new toy, Calvin Ridley. And it’s not without reason. But he had Kirk open twice on a shorten route with no defender within 5 yards and another time the same with one of the TEs and chose to force longer sideline throws to Ridley in tight coverage. That needs to be cleaned up.

3.  Doug is an elite coach and I’m not. He kept trusting Tank after the brainless fumble play. I was livid!  I would have sat him for the rest of the game. But instead Doug put him back in the game, got two great runs from Tank, and preserved the rookie’s confidence. Much respect.

Bonus:  Hoosiers are imminently nice people. They were welcoming and nice to us jags fans. The ones I talked with in the stadium, and outside the stadium, were polite and good-natured, and spoke positively about our team. On the way home, even talked with a guy in a convenience store about 30 minutes north of Indy, who was at the game and he was just the nicest young guy you ever saw before. I encouraged him about his team and about what his quarterback is going to be. I love the good sportsmanship of my fellow Hoosiers.

Urban? Is that you?

Damn CJB beat me to it lol
(09-11-2023, 12:15 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]In the NFL you don't pull a guy out of a game because of one bad play.  One bad circumstance led to another,  but ball security needs to be addressed as well as playing through the whistle.  These are paid adults and they are probably their own worst critic,  they need to get their head right and the best way to do that is to feed them again.  It speaks volumes.

Every year we see something like that with a rookie forgetting the rules differences. A receiver will catch the ball on the ground then pop up and spike it while the play is still on. It happens...once.