Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Talk about a freak accident..........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wingsuit skydiver in France decapitated by aircraft's wing moments after jumping from plane: reports

'This has been the tragedy of my life, but I am not at fault,' says pilot Alain C

A wingsuit skydiver with over 225 jumps under his belt was decapitated by the wing of an airplane 20 seconds after jumping from the aircraft over South France in July 2018, according to reports.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/wingsuit-s...ne-reports
Good news.  The emergency parachute was triggered and the body landed safely.  So, if your head gets decapitated, does that automatically trigger then emergency parachute?  If so, that in an incredible function that should required to be on every parachute for safety purposes.

"Galy’s body landed in a field after his emergency parachute opened."
(09-22-2023, 04:50 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Good news.  The emergency parachute was triggered and the body landed safely.  So, if your head gets decapitated, does that automatically trigger then emergency parachute?  If so, that in an incredible function that should required to be on every parachute for safety purposes.

How safely can a headless body possibly land?
(09-22-2023, 07:14 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2023, 04:50 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Good news.  The emergency parachute was triggered and the body landed safely.  So, if your head gets decapitated, does that automatically trigger then emergency parachute?  If so, that in an incredible function that should required to be on every parachute for safety purposes.

How safely can a headless body possibly land?

It's only logic that a headless body going 17mph toward the ground would land a lot safer than a headless body going 120mph.   I mean, at least your less likely to break your legs and such.
(09-26-2023, 06:22 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2023, 07:14 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]How safely can a headless body possibly land?

It's only logic that a headless body going 17mph toward the ground would land a lot safer than a headless body going 120mph.   I mean, at least your less likely to break your legs and such.

Either way, I doubt it will be an open casket service.