Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Where to stay and places to go in Jax
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I´m from Mexico City and I´ll be in Jax for the Ravens game. I want to know in which area would you recommend me to stay in Jax, to have a good location (to be near all the main atractions), also good hotels, restaurants and things to do during my stay. I will be there for aproximatly 5 days. I would really appreciate all the recomendations and opinions.

GO JAGS!!

I'd definitely stay on south side of town. It's close to beach and the Saint Johns Town center which is best shopping center in Jacksonville. I actually live on North side but work at the Saint Johns town center. I'll let someone else who lives on South side recommend a hotel for you. The landing is another popular place to eat and party as well. It's in down town Jacksonville. I wouldn't recommend staying at hotel down town however for traffic and safety issues!
Check out Riverside/Avondale if you can, the area has a bit of historical charm and there are a few attractions and some good restaurants. You'll probably need to opt for an Airbnb in that part of town though. It's adjacent (to the West) of downtown.

Every time that we are in town we love staying at the Beaches. It's absolutely fantastic and not too far from everything.
You can't beat Phillips Highway. There are several fine Motor Inns to choose from and an attraction on almost every corner. ....

Huguenot Memorial Park, 10980 Heckscher Dr.

One of my fave spots in the area down there. Have beach fun under the sun on this peninsula of a beautiful beach. U can drive right on the sand and pull right up to the water. Can even do a bit of beach fishing and catch some whitings or drum. Nice spot for an afternoon.
Quote:You can't beat Phillips Highway. There are several fine Motor Inns to choose from and an attraction on almost every corner. ....

Stop son Wink

Sophomore year, first move off campus, we moved to Townsend Blvd, off Merrill. The cheapest barber shop close by was along Phillips Hwy. I went biweekly. Only for hair cuts...
TacoLu. If you're here 5 days, take one and hit St. Augustine.
Quote:Hi,

I´m from Mexico City and I´ll be in Jax for the Ravens game. I want to know in which area would you recommend me to stay in Jax, to have a good location (to be near all the main atractions), also good hotels, restaurants and things to do during my stay. I will be there for aproximatly 5 days. I would really appreciate all the recomendations and opinions.

GO JAGS!!

Hey - I'm from the UK and in town for the same game!..

Have a look in the Tailgating/Game Day Experience section - I've asked quite a few questions.. you may find the answers useful..
Quote:Stop son Wink

Sophomore year, first move off campus, we moved to Townsend Blvd, off Merrill. The cheapest barber shop close by was along Phillips Hwy. I went biweekly. Only for hair cuts...

You lived on Townsend and went to Philips for a haircut? What you saved on the haircut, you spent on gas to get there...they aren't anywhere near each other! Lol
The Doll House, Golds Club, Wackos.
I always stay at the Hampton Inn in Southside.  There are a bunch of bars in Tinsletown and a lot of good restaurants near by. 

Quote:The Doll House, Golds Club, Wackos.

Where is The Doll House?
Do not waste time, money or effort on what Jax calls "Gentlemen's clubs." It is a gateway to self loathing.

Now of you wanted to head to the Mons Venus in Tampa.. that's another story.
Quote:Where is The Doll House?

Used to be on Atlantic but it moved to Philips near Univerity because of the overland bridge construction.
Center fold on Phillips
Go on the Northside ..
Silver Fox
Cmon folks! The guy is from Mexico and you're telling him to go check out the beach and have some Jacksonville taco?!?!?

Quote:Cmon folks! The guy is from Mexico and you're telling him to go check out the beach and have some Jacksonville taco?!?!?

Lol! There is no ocean in New Mexico lol
Pages: 1 2 3