Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Washington Post frets about 'violent history' of pumpkin spice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What won't liberals get mad about??????

Washington Post frets about 'violent history' of pumpkin spice

The paper reports that 'thousands were killed, others enslaved' over nutmeg in 1621.

The Washington Post is putting a damper on the fall by invoking the "violent history" of America's beloved seasonal tradition: pumpkin spice. 

The report titled "Fall’s favorite spice blend has a violent history" set the scene of the Dutch's 1621 invasion of the Banda Islands (located in modern day Indonesia), detailing that "Thousands were killed, others enslaved, and many who fled to the mountains were starved out."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/washington...pkin-spice
So just rename it Penis Spice..

Libs would be in love with it..
I have a confession.

I've never drank a pumpkin spice latte. I'm gonna do it.
(10-07-2023, 05:43 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]What won't liberals get mad about??????

The paper reports that 'thousands were killed, others enslaved' over nutmeg in 1621.

The Washington Post is putting a damper on the fall by invoking the "violent history" of America's beloved seasonal tradition: pumpkin spice. 

The report titled "Fall’s favorite spice blend has a violent history" set the scene of the Dutch's 1621 invasion of the Banda Islands (located in modern day Indonesia), detailing that "Thousands were killed, others enslaved, and many who fled to the mountains were starved out."

What a dumb article.
It's a fact that some Dutch traders committed genocide to corner the nutmeg market.
It's also a fact that all of them died centuries ago.
(10-07-2023, 08:47 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2023, 05:43 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]What won't liberals get mad about??????

What a dumb article.
It's a fact that some Dutch traders committed genocide to corner the nutmeg market.
It's also a fact that all of them died centuries ago.

I read Fox News' account of the Washington Post article, and not the actual article, but from what I read, it's not a dumb article at all.  It's just interesting history.  I don't get why anyone would object to that article.
In other breaking news, the Caesars of the Roman Empire enslaved peoples of many different races and colors. Anyone out there still holding that against the Italians?
This is why we can't have nice things. Now where am I going to buy my favorite time of the season, sugar overloaded beverage that is the equivalent of eating a dozen donuts?

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha.

(10-07-2023, 07:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I have a confession.

I've never drank a pumpkin spice latte. I'm gonna do it.

Save yourself the suspense and settle for an ice chai latte or thai tea somewhere instead. That'll really show those libs!