Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Unsung heros of the Saints game that nobody is talking about!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's give big props to this offensive line. They protected Lawrence and gave him a clean pocket. The simple fact that noone is complaing about them this week speaks volumes.

Great job offensive line!
what no one is mentioning as well is Agnew that made that Punt Return before the Kirk TD, he caught it in full sprint for a good chunk play.
(10-20-2023, 06:15 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]what no one is mentioning as well is Agnew that made that Punt Return before the Kirk TD, he caught it in full sprint for a good chunk play.

Good catch
Foster Moreau for sure

Thankfully he ensured the game would be wrapped up in regulation lol

But in seriousness, hats off to the offensive line. They held up against what was considered the strength of the saints team. Well done boys.
I will complain a little about the running game. It could have been better. Although, I admit that the saints defense is tough. Great job of pass blocking. Logan was terrific with the field position game and the fake punt completion.
Rookie Harrison seems to have really come on this last couple of weeks , next two games are gonna be huge for him he’s gonna see tj watt and nick bosa. Hopefully we learn from the chiefs game and help him out. It’s gonna be good to see him up against those guys
OL held up well in protection. Game plan kinda made their work easier, but we've seen them screw it up despite that before.

Still failing to run block effectively too often, but I don't see that taking any drastic leaps forward anytime soon.
(10-20-2023, 06:15 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]what no one is mentioning as well is Agnew that made that Punt Return before the Kirk TD, he caught it in full sprint for a good chunk play.

The most clutch returner that has played for this team.  Let a line drive drop snd roll for 63 yards earlier in the game.  #notthattime.  

Sometimes the biggest thing a returner can do is catch the punt. He caught the ball in plus territory.  Big big big play.
Herdon
Something I'm seeing on the all 22 this year that is new and improved is the way that #23 and #33 are covering in the middle and the way that #5 is coming down to take on those receivers as the LB passes them off to the deeper area of coverage.

It is seamless this year more frequently than in the past with both LB and FS performing better.
LBs making it too tough to hit those guys shallow and the safety timing his pick up of the route perfectly to challenge any throw beyond the LBs zone of cover. Have noticed this several times.

It's nothing miraculous, but it's good execution that we haven't had consistently in the past happening much more often.
(10-21-2023, 04:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Something I'm seeing on the all 22 this year that is new and improved is the way that #23 and #33 are covering in the middle and the way that #5 is coming down to take on those receivers as the LB passes them off to the deeper area of coverage.

It is seamless this year more frequently than in the past with both LB and FS performing better.
LBs making it too tough to hit those guys shallow and the safety timing his pick up of the route perfectly to challenge any throw beyond the LBs zone of cover. Have noticed this several times.

It's nothing miraculous, but it's good execution that we haven't had consistently in the past happening much more often.

The simple fact that the game has slowed down for Lloyd and he isn't often lost in his assignments (like last season) have been a big reason why the Defense as a whole has been better. Too many times last season Foye had to baby sit him and he doesn't have to do that now.
(10-21-2023, 05:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2023, 04:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Something I'm seeing on the all 22 this year that is new and improved is the way that #23 and #33 are covering in the middle and the way that #5 is coming down to take on those receivers as the LB passes them off to the deeper area of coverage.

The simple fact that the game has slowed down for Lloyd and he isn't often lost in his assignments (like last season) have been a big reason why the Defense as a whole has been better. Too many times last season Foye had to baby sit him and he doesn't have to do that now.

True 

And Cisco looks like he's gotten better at watching opponents tape and anticipating routes - timing up his closing move better
We all owe the maker of the magic brace that TL wore during the game. The accessories built in were sweet. super speed, anti personnel force field, etc.

No one remembers the makers of the equipment these days.
I'm curious about our goal-line offense and what how doug feels about Trevor in this regard.. he struggled throughout his career in goal line situations (like the back 2 back weeks throwing a pick at the 1 last year) OR if he just believes ETN is just that good.. aside from him choosing to run most of the time in the redzone, I also wonder why Tank Bigsby isn't getting more short yardage attempts, specifically on the goal line.
(10-21-2023, 05:53 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: [ -> ]Rookie Harrison seems to have really come on this last couple of weeks , next two games are gonna be huge for him he’s gonna see tj watt and nick bosa. Hopefully we learn from the chiefs game and help him out. It’s  gonna be good to see him up against those guys

Misread that as Ronnie Harrison and thought you accidentally a few years there. Smile
(10-22-2023, 08:38 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm curious about our goal-line offense and what how doug feels about Trevor in this regard.. he struggled throughout his career in goal line situations (like the back 2 back weeks throwing a pick at the 1 last year) OR if he just believes ETN is just that good.. aside from him choosing to run most of the time in the redzone, I also wonder why Tank Bigsby isn't getting more short yardage attempts, specifically on the goal line.

First, Trevor ain't playing hero ball anymore, so quit trying to resurrect the dead.

As to the other point, I think if Bigsby were more of a target in the pass offense, putting him in short yardage would be more productive - Right now he's typecast as the 1.5 yards and a cloud of dust guy, and our line ain't getting that yardage on the initial surge. Having Etienne line up (or even D'Ernest, for that matter) opens up the possibility of screens and tosses that Bigsby just hasn't shown yet.

Long story short, Etienne allows the playcall to be...multiple.