Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: tacks see divisional freight train coming their way
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can’t wait to see Henry traded
In other news, the Jacksonville Jaguars, desperate for offensive line players, have traded a first and second round pick for a RB, a long snapper and three ham sandwiches.
I hope they gut their roster down to the talent of a HS team. Preferably before we face them this year.
This is the same TItans that took the Jags to the wire in Week 17 last year with Josh Dobbs. This could have been a disaster for the Jags had Dobbs not fumbled and the Jags returned it for a TD. Think about it, that staple playoff win vs the Chargers never happens and we tanking for Graham Mertz
(10-23-2023, 07:36 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]This is the same TItans that took the Jags to the wire in Week 17 last year with Josh Dobbs.  This could have been a disaster for the Jags had Dobbs not fumbled and the Jags returned it for a TD.  Think about it, that staple playoff win vs the Chargers never happens and we tanking for Graham Mertz

No way, not the Jags. Maybe a team led by Richard Sherman would though..but wait no one has a team led by him....Wink
The Byard trade doesnt seem to be cap related. More of a get what you can.
Seems the management/ownership has lost faith in the current roster and a purge is beginning.
(10-23-2023, 04:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]In other news, the Jacksonville Jaguars, desperate for offensive line players, have traded a first and second round pick for a RB, a long snapper and three ham sandwiches.

you forgot a tarp joke
(10-24-2023, 10:40 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2023, 04:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]In other news, the Jacksonville Jaguars, desperate for offensive line players, have traded a first and second round pick for a RB, a long snapper and three ham sandwiches.

you forgot a tarp joke

Hold on, he’s thinking of one.

[Image: ap_4dccbaec827e4de39220b423e8615e8c.jpg]
Tacks sign Tony Pollard
They are having a good offseason to be sure.
(03-23-2024, 11:41 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote: [ -> ]They are having a good offseason to be sure.

Giving guys their first real carrot is always a risk.  Ridley at 29 is getting his first carrot as well because he was out of football for a couple of years.  I would bet at least one of Ridley or Sneed significantly underperforms their contract for whatever reason be it motivation, injury or what have you.
(03-23-2024, 05:21 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-23-2024, 11:41 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote: [ -> ]They are having a good offseason to be sure.

Giving guys their first real carrot is always a risk.  Ridley at 29 is getting his first carrot as well because he was out of football for a couple of years.  I would bet at least one of Ridley or Sneed significantly underperforms their contract for whatever reason be it motivation, injury or what have you.

Agreed, this is the general issue with FA contracts particularly when paying for only 1 year of success.  [knee slapper] It's similar to franchising a DE that has had 2.5, 7, 7.5, and then finally 17.5 sacks.  [/knee slapper]
I agree, but I also think they are in the same position as we were with TLaw. They have to give Levis some weapons to see if he is worth signing long-term or not. Will be interesting to see how it works out.
(03-23-2024, 08:45 PM)cland Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-23-2024, 05:21 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]Giving guys their first real carrot is always a risk.  Ridley at 29 is getting his first carrot as well because he was out of football for a couple of years.  I would bet at least one of Ridley or Sneed significantly underperforms their contract for whatever reason be it motivation, injury or what have you.

Agreed, this is the general issue with FA contracts particularly when paying for only 1 year of success.  [knee slapper] It's similar to franchising a DE that has had 2.5, 7, 7.5, and then finally 17.5 sacks.  [/knee slapper]

He had over 10 his rookie year iirc.  Now there's actual talent on the other side and he's eating.
Not sure how starting Latham at LT will workout. I think Allen eats his lunch at LT.

https://twitter.com/1045TheZone/status/1...38VRoP8EOg