Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Looking into the crystal ball - 1st quarter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
With what I've seen so far, I'm guessing the 1st quarter of the season the team goes .500.  Looking at the schedule, the first 4 games are going to be a challenge.

September 11 - Jacksonville vs. Green Bay - I don't think this team can play at the level that Green Bay is at... yet.  I'm going to pick this game as a loss.

September 18 - Jacksonville @ San Diego - Normally I would think that this could be a potential win with some of the drama in San Diego, but the fact of the matter is our team never plays well on the west coast.  I'll mark this game as a potential loss.

September 25 - Jacksonville vs. Baltimore - This should be a pretty good game, but I would think that the team could out-score the Ravens.  I'll mark this one as a probable win.

October 2 - *Jacksonville vs. Indianapolis - This game is marked with an asterisk because even though it's technically a home game, it's the game across the pond in London.  Historically the Jaguars haven't done well in the London games, but I do think that's turning around.  I also don't think that this is the same Colts team that we are used to.  I would mark this game as a win.

After this quarter of the season, the team gets a bye week to regroup and/or recover.  I see two probable wins with another possibility (vs. San Diego).

What are your predictions in this opening quarter of the season?

I agree with everything you said. Especially the San Diego game. West coast games have rarely gone our way as an entire franchise. I would be OK with a 2-2 start, as I think most reasonable fans would. But I'm not looking forward to reading this board after going 0-2.
Preseason is not over yet.

Quote:Preseason is not over yet.

What does that have to do with anything?
Quote:What does that have to do with anything?

It means this is way too early to think about what will happen during the regular season.
Quote:It means this is way too early to think about what will happen during the regular season.

Regular season starts next week.  The only players playing on Thursday night are going to be those fighting for a roster spot, or those that will be gone.
Quote:Preseason is not over yet.

How would a crystal ball know that?
2-2 is what I'm thinking as well.

Matchups wise there's nobody on the Ravens/clots that really should give us any cause for concern. I'd almost say I'm confident in beating both of them.

Packers will probably dismantle us.
Packers are 4-1 to beat us by 14+ points. Win or lose I'm going to be a happy man.
Quote:Packers are 4-1 to beat us by 14+ points. Win or lose I'm going to be a happy man.

You can't be a happy Jaguars fan if Jacksonville loses.
Quote:You can't be a happy Jaguars fan if Jacksonville loses.

But you'll be a happy Packers fan.
I see 0-4 with our soft O and D lines. Games are won in the trenches.
Quote:But you'll be a happy Packers fan.

I know JackCity isn't a Packers fan. Coming from him the statement makes no sense.
Quote:I agree with everything you said. Especially the San Diego game. West coast games have rarely gone our way as an entire franchise. I would be OK with a 2-2 start, as I think most reasonable fans would. But I'm not looking forward to reading this board after going 0-2.

It depends on how those games go.  If we get out butts kicked, the board will be pretty ugly.  If the team is still "in the game" right down to the last few seconds, it might not be so bad.
Quote:It depends on how those games go.  If we get out butts kicked, the board will be pretty ugly.  If the team is still "in the game" right down to the last few seconds, it might not be so bad.

This board will get ugly after the Packers game. I doubt you will want to read any pregame threads before our trip to San Diego .
Quote:I know JackCity isn't a Packers fan. Coming from him the statement makes no sense.

Research betting on NFL games.
Quote:Research betting on NFL games.

The only thing that matters to a Jaguars fan is winning the game.
Quote:This board will get ugly after the Packers game. I doubt you will want to read any pregame threads before our trip to San Diego .

So are you saying that the team "gets their butts kicked" in the Green Bay game?
Quote:So are you saying that the team "gets their butts kicked" in the Green Bay game?

Not literally, but we will get beat bad.
Quote:The only thing that matters to a Jaguars fan is winning the game.

Not really.  A Jaguars fan placing a bet at 4-1 odds for the Packers to win by +14 points would probably still be happy even if the team loses by 3.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5