Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mike Tomlin Jags Presser on Wednesday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
His press conference at the start where he talked about the Jags was amazing. The dude legit broke down every part of our team and showed he knows his stuff...it was a very impressive part of the presser.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oLwkoy1rssg&t=635s

(10-26-2023, 03:20 AM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]His press conference at the start where he talked about the Jags was amazing. The dude legit broke down every part of our team and showed he knows his stuff...it was a very impressive part of the presser. It starts at like 10:40 if you care to watch it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oLwkoy1rssg&t=635s
It's mind-bortling how lucky(adept?) the Stillers have been with their head coaching choices. Credit where it's due.
Only three head coaches over the last fifty years or something crazy like that. Tomlin does his homework. He's a good football coach. He's defensive minded as well.
You don't win like he has with being lazy. He has us pegged, I don't think it'll help his offense much but he definitely is one great ball coach.
All these games are gonna be hard. No easy ones in the NFL.
The Fake Mike Tomlin ..... enjoy ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWrNMQM8VY8
My Steelers buddies aren't big fans of Tomlin. They think they should have had more Super Bowl opportunities through the years or so I'm told. I'd take him over all of what we've had in our existence except for Coughlin and Pederson though.
I met a Steeler fan on the golf course today.  He's rooting for the Jags to win because he wants Tomlin fired.  He said he thinks we'll win by 14 points.  He doesn't think the Steelers are very good.
(10-26-2023, 04:24 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I met a Steeler fan on the golf course today.  He's rooting for the Jags to win because he wants Tomlin fired.  He said he thinks we'll win by 14 points.  He doesn't think the Steelers are very good.

He sounds dumb and entitled. Let them have 3 seasons like we had from 2018 to 2021 after firing Tomlin and then see how he feels about it.
(10-26-2023, 04:34 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2023, 04:24 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I met a Steeler fan on the golf course today.  He's rooting for the Jags to win because he wants Tomlin fired.  He said he thinks we'll win by 14 points.  He doesn't think the Steelers are very good.

He sounds dumb and entitled. Let them have 3 seasons like we had from 2018 to 2021 after firing Tomlin and then see how he feels about it.

I absolutely agree.  I think the guy is nuts.  If the Steelers fired Mike Tomlin, there would be a dozen teams on the phone to him within the hour.
It's impressive they pulled together 9 wins last year with a rookie QB. A 4 - 2 start is also nothing to sneeze at. Again, I think we'll win this game on Sunday but I also think some fans are expecting us to go into Pittsburgh and outright own the game from start to finish. I don't. We'll be lucky to win by 3 to 6 points.
Ok the Steelers board one of the top threads says "It's time to have the Tomlin discussion" which is crazy to me. They have no idea what it's like to find someone after decades of wasting away
(10-26-2023, 03:39 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]My Steelers buddies aren't big fans of Tomlin.  They think they should have had more Super Bowl opportunities through the years or so I'm told.  I'd take him over all of what we've had in our existence except for Coughlin and Pederson though.

Your steeler buddies are spoiled rotten.

The odds of hitting on three straight hires and keeping those guys for the entirety of their careers is probably on the level of hitting the lotto three separate times. It sucks not to get all the way to the SB, but you gotta be in the postseason first to be able to make that run.

Have your friends ask a Browns fan if they'd rather have Tomlin or the following murderer's row of coaching giants:
Eric Mangini
Pat Shurmur
Rob Chudzinski
Mike Pettine
Huge Action
Greggggggg Williams
Freddie Kitchens
Kevin Stefanski

Nobody ever accused anyone in Yinzertown of being very bright.

(10-26-2023, 04:34 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]

Urbz to Stillers MAKE IT HAPPEN
Tomlin is getting the same treatment Andy Reid got in Philly. Good records are nice, but they want a ring.
(10-27-2023, 09:31 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Tomlin is getting the same treatment Andy Reid got in Philly. Good records are nice, but they want a ring.

Our fanbase would do the same in 2 or 3 years from now if Pederson keeps getting us to the post season but gets bounced for one reason or another.  It's a "what have you done for me lately" profession for sure.
(10-27-2023, 09:31 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Tomlin is getting the same treatment Andy Reid got in Philly. Good records are nice, but they want a ring.

They should have given him more time, then.
(10-27-2023, 10:53 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]

Our fanbase would do the same in 2 or 3 years from now if Pederson keeps getting us to the post season but gets bounced for one reason or another.  It's a "what have you done for me lately" profession for sure.

For sure.

(10-27-2023, 11:39 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: [ -> ]

They should have given him more time, then.

I get the impression the Eagles FO is a pretty hostile place. Understandable considering their fan base. Which is fine. It gifted us Dougy P.
(10-27-2023, 11:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2023, 10:53 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]Our fanbase would do the same in 2 or 3 years from now if Pederson keeps getting us to the post season but gets bounced for one reason or another.  It's a "what have you done for me lately" profession for sure.

For sure.

(10-27-2023, 11:39 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: [ -> ]They should have given him more time, then.

I get the impression the Eagles FO is a pretty hostile place. Understandable considering their fan base. Which is fine. It gifted us Dougy P.

Colin Cowherd has been slobbering all over the Eagles franchise for the last week.

"Oh, look how great the Eagles franchise is!  They had Andy Reid, and he was amazing!  But they fired him!!  Because the Eagles franchise is so smart!!  Then they hired Chip Kelly!  And Chip Kelly was so succsessful!  And yet they still fired a great HC like Chip Kelly!!!  Those Eagles guys are geniuses!!"

"Then they hired Doug Pederson.  And he was so good that he won a Superbowl with crappy QBs.  But it was so smart to fire Doug Pederson!!!  Because look at the next guy!!  

"This Serriani has already made it to the Super Bowl and clearly he's going to win with the team that Pederson built!!!" 

Personally, I'm really happy that the Eagles fired Reid and we got a HC from Reid's coaching strategy.  The Eagles are about to come back down to earth.  As though the Philly football team was ever anything to worry about except if you were a Giants or Cowboys fan.

It's Always Been the Jags!!  As long as ETN is healthy, this season is gonna change people's minds about this franchise.
(10-29-2023, 05:54 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2023, 11:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]For sure.

Colin Cowherd has been slobbering all over the Eagles franchise for the last week.

"Oh, look how great the Eagles franchise is!  They had Andy Reid, and he was amazing!  But they fired him!!  Because the Eagles franchise is so smart!!  Then they hired Chip Kelly!  And Chip Kelly was so succsessful!  And yet they still fired a great HC like Chip Kelly!!!  Those Eagles guys are geniuses!!"

"Then they hired Doug Pederson.  And he was so good that he won a Superbowl with crappy QBs.  But it was so smart to fire Doug Pederson!!!  Because look at the next guy!!  

"This Serriani has already made it to the Super Bowl and clearly he's going to win with the team that Pederson built!!!" 

Personally, I'm really happy that the Eagles fired Reid and we got a HC from Reid's coaching strategy.  The Eagles are about to come back down to earth.  As though the Philly football team was ever anything to worry about except if you were a Giants or Cowboys fan.

It's Always Been the Jags!!  As long as ETN is healthy, this season is gonna change people's minds about this franchise.

Philly is awful close to a super large broadcast market whose teams are hovering around "dumpster fire"....not complex mathing going on to figure out his taekmongering.
LOL Cowhead still slobbers all over the Rams and Chargers, and whoever has the best record that week. Except the Jags, of course, if it ever happens.
Pages: 1 2