Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Etienne with his 1st career receiving TD and the Jaguars improve to 4-0 on the road
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dude is going on a scoring rampage and put up 149 total yards. 

Wingard and Johnson with a pick to give the defense more takeaways which still leads the NFL. 

Smoot is giving us priceless reps which is fueling Allen with another 2 sacks.

Herndon Haters stand up! One of the best slot corners in franchise history.

Ridley with a solid game. 

Engram with 10 catches which is something that only 1 or 2 TEs in the history of the franchise has done after a tough play where he lost the football. 

Williams leads the NFL in PD’s and has the most PDs over the last 2 seasons in the NFL. Playing at all pro level along with Josh Allen and Oluokun. 

McManus with a huge day and gets my game ball. 

6-2 going off into this bye week, leading the AFC South. Texans and Colts both lose. 

Feels great to be a Jaguars fan right now. It’s been a long time boys.
It's scary. Because it feels like every week we've been seeing them play missing key components on both sides of the football and it's just a matter of time before this offense hits its stride and starts rolling through teams like poetry in motion. Much needed bye week. I need it as a fan man. For mental health reasons LOL.

What a hell of a run though. Five straight wins with four of those coming within nineteen days is wild. This team is resilient as hell.
Don't forget this defence had like 4 dropped potential picks
Herndon sucks

ETN is good

Learn the difference please
(10-29-2023, 04:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Herndon sucks

ETN is good

Well at least we have finally found common ground

+1
Travon Walker is now 44th on the franchise’s all time sacks list. With another sack he will surpass CB Aaron Beasley, who is 36th all time with 7.5. Derrick Harvey is 35th all time with 8 sacks.

Jaguars Data Base has Josh Allen with 35.5 sacks. Needs 2 sacks to be 2nd all time with Ngakoue.

Dawuane Smoot is 9th all time on the sacks list with 23.5. Needs 5 more to tie with Paul Spicer and Kevin Hardy.

Only 7 players in franchise history have registered 10 or more sacks in a regular season. Brackens, Campbell, Ngakoue, Allen, Hardy, McCray, G.Walker.

Only 2 players in franchise history have registered 10 or more sacks in 2 or more seasons. Brackens and Campbell. Allen needs 1 sack to become the 3rd.

With Allen’s 2 sacks today, he joins Brackens, Campbell, and Ngakoue as the only players in franchise history to register 9 or more sacks in 2 or more seasons.

Etienne with a 56 yard TD reception. I don’t feel like looking it up but I think it’s the 2nd or 3rd longest TD reception in franchise history by a RB.

Engram with 4 or more receptions in every game this year which is a team record for a TE.

McManus with two 50 yards or more FGs, only a few kickers in team history has done that.

2nd best start in franchise history. Pederson now has 15 regular season wins which surpasses Gus Bradley (14).

Pederson has the best win percentage of all head coaches in team history.

Team is on a 5 game winning streak.

Ol goober still hasn’t fumbled in 2023.

Jaguars needs 5 more regular season wins for their 200th win in franchise history.

Allen needs 5 sacks to break the single season record set by Campbell back in 2017 (14.5). *Allen should have 10 on the season. He’s on pace to shatter it.
(10-29-2023, 05:12 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2023, 04:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Herndon sucks

ETN is good

Well at least we have finally found common ground

+1

Both of you suck!  .The kid has found a groove and is playing well in his current role.  Give credit where credit is due and quit riding his [BLEEP].  6-2!
(10-29-2023, 07:11 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2023, 05:12 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Well at least we have finally found common ground

+1

Both of you suck!  .The kid has found a groove and is playing well in his current role.  Give credit where credit is due and quit riding his [BLEEP].  6-2!

Never!
Team is gelling. These aren’t flukey wins either
(10-29-2023, 07:13 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2023, 07:11 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]Both of you suck!  .The kid has found a groove and is playing well in his current role.  Give credit where credit is due and quit riding his [BLEEP].  6-2!

Never!

Sure, the kid will have 4 pass breakups and a pick in the SB but you’re gonna stand your ground because of a play he gave up last year.  

Every successful team has super stars, great players, good players and roll players.  Without any of them the team fails.  Last week pre-game Buster Brown was going to be a liability.  Who made the game sealing play?
Two things which make me feel good about this streak. 1. We are missing key players out there and still getting it done. Especially defensively missing our top Corner and Safety against back to back good WRs.

And 2: that fact that we’re getting these wins when we clearly aren’t playing out best yet. We should have buried both NO and Pit but didn’t. Still found a way to grind out a win.

Much needed bye week to get healthier and work on the offense a bit. One game at a time. We got this.
(10-29-2023, 07:11 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2023, 05:12 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Well at least we have finally found common ground

+1

I mean - I was primarily posting that to mess with the OP in good fun, but since you brought it up...

Herndon is a good backup level nickel. The Jags brass drafted a bevy of late round DBs with the hope of giving him completion/upgrading the spot. Hasn't worked out yet, but there is a reason they wanted to do that. 

He's giving up a 76% completion rate and allowing a 106 passer rating when targeted. 
And today he dropped a gift wrapped INT. 

He's not terrible - and he doesn't really suck. But he ain't good. He's made a handful of good plays this year and has settled into Caldwell's system in year 2 better than he did last year. So - let's be real. We have a backup level nickel playing solid most of the time as a starter and occasionally getting punished and picked on.
No bias- Etienne is the 2nd best RB in the NFL. Dude is just an absolute Freak. It’s gonna hurt the National Media- just like it pained the CBS Announcers today that the Steelers didn’t win- but they’re gonna have to start acknowledging it
(10-29-2023, 07:51 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2023, 07:13 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Never!

Sure, the kid will have 4 pass breakups and a pick in the SB but you’re gonna stand your ground because of a play he gave up last year.  

Every successful team has super stars, great players, good players and roll players.  Without any of them the team fails.  Last week pre-game Buster Brown was going to be a liability.  Who made the game sealing play?

Tells me you don't pay attention, dude gave up a ton of game deciding plays, not just one.
ETN is the Swiss Army knife of this offense. I still think the room is extremely deep and would like to see Johnson and Bigsby get more early down reps.

McManus makes it look so easy to kick 50+ yarders. This was a crucial upgrade to the team.

Kudos to Montaric Brown on his second NFL start in his second season. I see you young man. Keep the hard work up.
When you consider the offense is leaving plays on the field and still producing solid drives, imagine what better play will do?

This offense could be better than the 1999 team. I loved knowing the team could score (just not against the titans).
And to think fans were pissed we drafted him....I know I know pissed we gave up a first round pick.... hello He wasn't going to be there later...good pick Even in the first round.....eat crow
Our offense really needs to start playing a complete 4 quarter game it would help a ton.
Congratulations to Antonio Johnson on your first career interception.
(10-29-2023, 09:58 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: [ -> ]ETN is the Swiss Army knife of this offense. I still think the room is extremely deep and would like to see Johnson and Bigsby get more early down reps.

McManus makes it look so easy to kick 50+ yarders. This was a crucial upgrade to the team.

Kudos to Montaric Brown on his second NFL start in his second season. I see you young man. Keep the hard work up.

Slow, and fumble prone, but other than that, sure.  Johnson, maybe.  Or Hasty.
Pages: 1 2