Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 12-4 or better begging to look like a legit possibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I was shocked to see the negativity on the board this morning when I logged in. While I will admit that I was as appalled as anyone with regards to our first half and even went as far to start a post at halftime that was directed at Jags ownership encouraging them to fire Gus Bradley,  I am now completely 100% back on board with this team and Coach Gus Bradley after a valiant and heroic second half effort last night. You cannot fault the Jags players and coaches for being a little nervous - the jitters clearly showed early and I attribute that to being on the NBC Sunday night big stage, which was unchartered territory for almost everyone on this Jags roster. Penalties, fumbles and dropped passes were not a sign of an undisciplined or bad team as many on this board have indicated, rather the sign of a nervous team. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Coach Bradley gave what obviously was an epic and impassioned speech at halftime,this of course after huddling with his impressive coaching staff and making key adjustments that turned out to be the difference in the game. Our amazing defensive depth was sensational to witness - 22 Jaguar players with tackles! The astute football fan will notice that the Bengals did not score in the last 28 minutes and 56 seconds which is an indisputable sign that our defensive depth clearly wore out the Bengals offense. Now that we have got the jitters out of the way, we can focus on just playing a little football and getting to 12 to 13 wins. 

It's pretty clear that we will not lose a divisional game. Our talent level outside of our place-kickers  Myers and Ficken, neither of which will ever be as good as Scobee was, is significantly better than everyone else in our division. With the addition of Monte Kiffin to our defensive staff, we now without question have the best coaching staff in the division. This right here gets us to 6-0. We will use the momentum of our win over an extremely over rated Green Bay team to beat San Diego in week two, and then destroy an undermanned Baltimore team at home in week 3 at home. This is an easy 9 wins. The only sure fire loss on our schedule is of course Oakland at home. We can't and won't beat a Jack Del Rio coached team in Jacksonville. While Jack Del Rio taught our proud franchise everything that we know, he did not teach us everything that he knows. After coaching in Jacksonville for so long and being so familiar with our personnel, I think we can all agree that this is a loss - there's just no way around it. This puts us at 9-1, leaving us six games that we will have a 50/50 chance in. Using the logic that we will win at least 50% of the 50/50 games, this puts us at worst at 12-4, which is right where we should be three years into the Bradley era.  

Last nights comeback was nothing short of startling, breathtaking and astounding. Startling because everyone had given up on this game, breathtaking in which the comeback occurred and astounding because this just showed how good we can be.  I cannot wait to just sit back and enjoy this ride in what will become to be known as #2016TheYearofTheJag!

You da real MVP, Omaha.
[Image: QIQC1qu.gif]

I agree.
You have to be out of your mind!  With the exception of stating that our kickers will never be as good as Scobee blindfolded, you are not making much sense!  This team will be lucky to go 2-4 in the division and Aaron Rodgers might throw for 500 yards in the opener.  I wish I could share in your optimism, but alas I have been burned too many times after celebrating these types of big time wins....

Maybe if we bench Biff Bortles and start our superstar QB, Ham neck Henne.
Quote:You have to be out of your mind!  With the exception of stating that our kickers will never be as good as Scobee blindfolded, you are not making much sense!  This team will be lucky to go 2-4 in the division and Aaron Rodgers might throw for 500 yards in the opener.  I wish I could share in your optimism, but alas I have been burned too many times after celebrating these types of big time wins....

While I can appreciate your skepticism, I just feel this year is going to be different. I will disagree with you on Rodgers and 500 yards - nothing last night would have given any indication that we are susceptible to the big play. Other than when we had major break downs in the secondary, our defense was sensational. 
When NBC showed our schedule in the fourth quarter, what stood out to me was no hard games between Green Bay and Kansas City in terms of 2015 team records. Of course San Diego will be hard because we always lose there, but then we have the Ravens and Colts before our bye week followed by the Titans at home.

Any game in the NFL is a hard game.

Any given Sunday.
Quote:Any game in the NFL is a hard game.

Any given Sunday.

Relatively speaking, of course.
"We can't and won't beat a Jack Del Rio coached team in Jacksonville. While Jack Del Rio taught our proud franchise everything that we know, he did not teach us everything that he knows."

Brilliant.

I like my drugs as much as the next guy, but at some point you need to come down..
Quote:I like my drugs as much as the next guy, but at some point you need to come down..

Why?
Omaha, you're the best. Both of you. Oh, how we've missed you both.

Quote:Relatively speaking, of course.

I want to hear more of this theory of relativity.
Quote:[Image: QIQC1qu.gif]
[Image: ice-cream-machine.jpg]
Quote:I want to hear more of this theory of relativity.

Our games against the Ravens, Colts, and Titans will be far less difficult than our games against the Packers, Chargers, and Chiefs.
Quote:Our games against the Ravens, Colts, and Titans will be far less difficult than our games against the Packers, Chargers, and Chiefs.

How so?

Quote: How so?

You know if you are a Jaguars fan.
12-4, lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4