Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars currently have the longest winning streak in the NFL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who thought this would happen after that 1-2 start? Was it the London trip? Was it Doug kicking them in the rear? Did they finally wake up? IDK what changed but this team is gritting out win after win. The teams best start in 23 years. 6-2 heading into the bye sounds great to me!
It’s tough to win games in this league. Even tougher to keep a long winning streak going. Impressive no mater how you slice it.
The fact that this team is gritting out wins rather than running away with them is what gives me hope long term.
(10-29-2023, 08:01 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]The fact that this team is gritting out wins rather than running away with them is what gives me hope long term.

The scary thing is the team is no where near it's peak. In every game this year including this past Steelers game the offense is leaving points on the board. Lots of little things they are struggling with.
(10-29-2023, 08:05 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2023, 08:01 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]The fact that this team is gritting out wins rather than running away with them is what gives me hope long term.

The scary thing is the team is no where near it's peak. In every game this year including this past Steelers game the offense is leaving points on the board. Lots of little things they are struggling with.

The nice thing is barring any injuries from today, we should for the first time this year have our whole team eligible and healthy.  OH MY....
(10-29-2023, 08:35 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2023, 08:05 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]The scary thing is the team is no where near it's peak. In every game this year including this past Steelers game the offense is leaving points on the board. Lots of little things they are struggling with.

The nice thing is barring any injuries from today, we should for the first time this year have our whole team eligible and healthy.  OH MY....
This. I think we could end up thumping the hell out of the 49ers after a bye week and proceed to go on a tare.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

That’s partly because they are a young team, which makes this very impressive. Young teams are going to make mistakes, but it is very possible that they have figured out the hardest part: finding ways to win late in the game.

The Falcons are similar to us, but they haven’t figured out how to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat yet. This is Ridder’s first year starting, so he’s going to have to take his lumps. He and Falcons fans should, however, be thankful that they didn’t have to go through what T-Law did his first year: deal with the NEW he-who-shall-not-be-named.
3 words.  TEAL OF DOOM!!!!!!!!!
Great feeling.

If we get our injured guys back and cut down half of our mistakes we'll be deadly.

The OL is still gonna struggle, but it could get a little better after the bye. 

Good to see Ridley involved today - when Zay is back that will take another step.
Its the turnovers. Our defense is suddenly very good at getting them. You can go really far with a d that gets turnovers like ours does. It covers a lot of mistake.
(10-29-2023, 08:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2023, 08:35 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]The nice thing is barring any injuries from today, we should for the first time this year have our whole team eligible and healthy.  OH MY....
This. I think we could end up thumping the hell out of the 49ers after a bye week and proceed to go on a tare.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Just remember the 49ers are on bye next week as well. So it will be dueling crafty coaches nanahand vs Poug Deteterson