Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Game Balls vs Steelers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Trevor Lawrence: 1 stupid pass from another great performance. Take away that 1 redzone mistake and he had a heck of a game.

ETN: Probably our best overall player. Another gritty game. The concern I have is that he is carrying the ball way too much. He is on pace for around 400 carries this year. Too much will shorten his career. We may need to try and trade for a reliable backup because he can't continue to take the pounding. He was still playing when the game was well put away. Bigsby has fumbled the ball way too much on his limited carries.

Engram: This guy is going to shatter all the Jaguar tight end records. He is not only the best tight end on the team but a top 3 tight end in the league.

Josh Allen: Money is a hell of a motivator. By far the best we have ever seen him look. Another 2 sack performance puts him at 9 in 8 games. He is on pace to break the Jaguars sack record.

Dewey: People need to eat some sloppy crow for hating on this man. He is not only one of the best speakers and motivators on the team, he performs. I admit I wanted him cut early last year and admit I was wrong!  Dewey is a DOG!  Great INT in the middle of the field.

McManus: This guy is money. It's a luxury to have a guy to be reliable as him. He has a leg and accurate from long range. He should get the special teams player of the weak for all the long kicks today. 4/4 all were long in the rain!

Trevon Walker: He is on pace for 7 sacks this year and that would be progress. The guy is a good football player so there is still hope he could prove to be worth the pick.  He is a disruptor and forces double teams. Already better than bums we drafted in the 1st like Derrick Harvey.

Calvin Ridley: Made some tough long catches in bad conditions today.  It is going to be a touch decision to extend him or let him go after the season. The question you have to ask is if he worth a second round pick because the team has to give that up if he is extended beyond this year.

Entire Defense: From the DC calls to the play of the team on all levels. Going on the road and shutting down a  4-2 team is no easy task. Good Stuff. Mike Caldwell may get some head coaching interviews after this season.

The Media: They continue to let us fly under the radar. Every time we win the story is what was wrong with the other team instead of saying the Jaguars are really good. Sooner or later the Jaguars are going to take respect instead of earning it. Eventually sustained success will make the media run out of excuses.
trAvon
Fellas, enjoy this. These are the good ol' times

PS Doug get one one for winning a challenge.
(10-29-2023, 11:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]trAvon

TrEvir Lawrince
Jaguars 2023 Revenge Tour
Tre Her...

Lol jk
There is some sloppy offense all over the league being played by some good teams. Fine tune where we've been lacking (red zone) and come out against SF with some pep in our step. Etienne should get his burst back. Felt like he could have housed one from long distance today but got cut off from turning the corner near the sideline so he just dove down, he usually beats the defense to the corner. I hate that our turnovers were in position to put points on the board (Field goals matter). But, at least we aren't getting shut down deep in our own territory and forcing things or getting sack fumbled which directly gives them points. We usually stop them if we get stopped.
(10-29-2023, 11:27 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]Trevor Lawrence: 1 stupid pass from another great performance. Take away that 1 redzone mistake and he had a heck of a game.

ETN: Probably our best overall player. Another gritty game. The concern I have is that he is carrying the ball way too much. He is on pace for around 400 carries this year. Too much will shorten his career. We may need to try and trade for a reliable backup because he can't continue to take the pounding. He was still playing when the game was well put away. Bigsby has fumbled the ball way too much on his limited carries.

Engram: This guy is going to shatter all the Jaguar tight end records. He is not only the best tight end on the team but a top 3 tight end in the league.

Josh Allen: Money is a hell of a motivator. By far the best we have ever seen him look. Another 2 sack performance puts him at 9 in 8 games. He is on pace to break the Jaguars sack record.

Dewey: People need to eat some sloppy crow for hating on this man. He is not only one of the best speakers and motivators on the team, he performs. I admit I wanted him cut early last year and admit I was wrong!  Dewey is a DOG!  Great INT in the middle of the field.

McManus: This guy is money. It's a luxury to have a guy to be reliable as him. He has a leg and accurate from long range. He should get the special teams player of the weak for all the long kicks today. 4/4 all were long in the rain!

Trevon Walker: He is on pace for 7 sacks this year and that would be progress. The guy is a good football player so there is still hope he could prove to be worth the pick.  He is a disruptor and forces double teams. Already better than bums we drafted in the 1st like Derrick Harvey.

Calvin Ridley: Made some tough long catches in bad conditions today.  It is going to be a touch decision to extend him or let him go after the season. The question you have to ask is if he worth a second round pick because the team has to give that up if he is extended beyond this year.

Entire Defense: From the DC calls to the play of the team on all levels. Going on the road and shutting down a  4-2 team is no easy task. Good Stuff. Mike Caldwell may get some head coaching interviews after this season.

The Media: They continue to let us fly under the radar. Every time we win the story is what was wrong with the other team instead of saying the Jaguars are really good. Sooner or later the Jaguars are going to take respect instead of earning it. Eventually sustained success will make the media run out of excuses.

Truth. If we win the 9ers game, the narrative will be that we beat a slumping team that came into Jax on a 3 game losing skid.
Who cares what the narrative is, in a league where it’s hard to win. The only time we’ve been behind in the last 5 weeks is when we hadn’t touched the ball against the colts, and as soon as we did we went up and didn’t trail again. The team is playing lights out, yes performances aint perfect but I think we’re so used to losing big that we think we should blow everyone out, that doesn’t happen in the nfl all that much and offences and in particular offensive lines are struggling this year a lot. We’re making plays when we need to make them. This team is resilient as hell and has been a pleasure watching the last 5 weeks
Game ball to Mike Caldwell. If you can give a mid-season MVP to a coach, he would be the pick.
(10-29-2023, 11:27 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]Trevor Lawrence: 1 stupid pass from another great performance. Take away that 1 redzone mistake and he had a heck of a game.

Travis is on pace for around 320 Carries…. Not 400
(10-30-2023, 04:46 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Truth. If we win the 9ers game, the narrative will be that we beat a slumping team that came into Jax on a 3 game losing skid.

Lol, probably. Hell, if the Jags beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl, there'll probably be commentary like "what's happened to the NFL?" and speculation about why so many teams had really bad years.
Game ball for everybody. This team just figures out a way to win in every aspect of the game. It's fun to see a well rounded team that has not quite yet hit it's stride. As good as it's been eight weeks in? It STILL feels like they're not quite there yet with their full potential.

I am telling you. This team is scary. We're fixing to see 'that" game soon this year and I think that's how they'll play for the remainder of the season. I am thinking they'll start winning games cleanly by 13+ points and everything looks more fluid offensively.

To hell with narratives. We know what we see out there. We know what they're doing snap after snap. We're still underdogs even if we're top dogs in the rankings and division.
(10-30-2023, 08:38 AM)NoShoes Wrote: [ -> ]

Travis is on pace for around 320 Carries….  Not 400

I'm sure he meant touches which includes receptions.  He currently has 178 touches through 8 games which puts him on pace for 378 touches for the year not including extra playoff games.  

There's a thing called the "curse of 370" which shows over and over again that backs that get 370 touches or more in a given year have a huge drop off in production the following year be it from injury or otherwise.  Eric Dickerson was like the only exception to the "rule".  I'd like to get ETN on a pace that projects him well under that number.  They need to get his touches down to 15 to 17 per game.  Maybe that looks like a straight line of games where his touches fall around that target or maybe in some of the less important games (i.e. the matchups against NFC opponents) they intentionally pull his touches back to around 10 for the game and let the other guys put some work in, or hopefully we can get up big early against someone and just give him the rest of the day off.
I’d like to see D’Ernest get the #2 touches. Even though Tank’s fumble yesterday wasn’t a fumble, just a bad call, he runs parallel to the line too much. He needs to learn his job is the hit the hole and get the 3 or 4 sure yards. He doesn’t have the speed advantage in the NFL to get the big plays like he did at Auburn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(10-30-2023, 06:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Game ball to Mike Caldwell.  If you can give a mid-season MVP to a coach, he would be the pick.

Probably gonna be a HC soon. But Coach P is the man with the plan. Complete culture change from the beginning. This franchise is a winner now.
(10-30-2023, 09:46 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]I’d like to see D’Ernest get the #2 touches. Even though Tank’s fumble yesterday wasn’t a fumble, just a bad call, he runs parallel to the line too much. He needs to learn his job is the hit the hole and get the 3 or 4 sure yards. He doesn’t have the speed advantage in the NFL to get the big plays like he did at Auburn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was stoked when we signed Johnson. I would 100% be getting him  20 snaps and 8 touches a game to spell ETN. I hope they figure that out. He's solid in pass pro too.
(10-30-2023, 09:27 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Game ball for everybody. This team just figures out a way to win in every aspect of the game. It's fun to see a well rounded team that has not quite yet hit it's stride. As good as it's been eight weeks in? It STILL feels like they're not quite there yet with their full potential.

I am telling you. This team is scary. We're fixing to see 'that" game soon this year and I think that's how they'll play for the remainder of the season. I am thinking they'll start winning games cleanly by 13+ points and everything looks more fluid offensively.

To hell with narratives. We know what we see out there. We know what they're doing snap after snap. We're still underdogs even if we're top dogs in the rankings and division.

I can't disagree with any of what you said. The offense has not even come close to peaking this season. The thing I love most about this team is the culture that Pederson has managed to deliver. They appear to be a close knit group with no signs of pettiness, selfishness or jealousy. Add that to a roster loaded with talented players (Etienne, Campbell, Oluokun, D. Williams, Allen and Engram have made strong cases to be pro-bowlers) and you have the makings of a dangerous team. 

Now for the questions about this team. They have yet to beat a very good team since Buffalo was playing terribly when they faced the Jaguars. The true test will come in the difficult schedule they must face after the bye. San Francisco is not the team we saw early in the season, but if Deebo returns and Purdy hasn't lost confidence they are still dangerous. The Bengals and Ravens will be great challenges at home as will the Browns and Texans (they have our number) on the road. If they win 3 of these 5 games, they will likely end up 13-4. That would likely give them 2nd seed in the playoffs with the possibility of overtaking the Chiefs, who have a very remaining schedule also. 

I can't remember a season in which so much hope legitimately existed following going into the bye week. Hopefully they'll sign a pass rusher giving them the needed added pressure to put on Mahomes, Burrow, Jackson and Allen come playoff time.
(10-30-2023, 12:08 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-30-2023, 09:27 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Game ball for everybody. This team just figures out a way to win in every aspect of the game. It's fun to see a well rounded team that has not quite yet hit it's stride. As good as it's been eight weeks in? It STILL feels like they're not quite there yet with their full potential.

I can't disagree with any of what you said. The offense has not even come close to peaking this season. The thing I love most about this team is the culture that Pederson has managed to deliver. They appear to be a close knit group with no signs of pettiness, selfishness or jealousy. Add that to a roster loaded with talented players (Etienne, Campbell, Oluokun, D. Williams, Allen and Engram have made strong cases to be pro-bowlers) and you have the makings of a dangerous team. 

Now for the questions about this team. They have yet to beat a very good team since Buffalo was playing terribly when they faced the Jaguars. The true test will come in the difficult schedule they must face after the bye. San Francisco is not the team we saw early in the season, but if Deebo returns and Purdy hasn't lost confidence they are still dangerous. The Bengals and Ravens will be great challenges at home as will the Browns and Texans (they have our number) on the road. If they win 3 of these 5 games, they will likely end up 13-4. That would likely give them 2nd seed in the playoffs with the possibility of overtaking the Chiefs, who have a very remaining schedule also. 

I can't remember a season in which so much hope legitimately existed following going into the bye week. Hopefully they'll sign a pass rusher giving them the needed added pressure to put on Mahomes, Burrow, Jackson and Allen come playoff time.

Yeah. That's another good point about the defense. I think Smoot and Hamilton will start giving this defense the push up front that they need to get after the QB some more. Walker was getting around Pickett and Trubisky at times yesterday. It's just a matter of time. 

I agree with the Bengals and Ravens. Those are big time games now. Cannot wait for Monday Night Football and Sunday Night Football. Those are going to be great opportunities now for this city and team as a whole to make some noise nationally. 

Just an exciting time to be a fan right now. The fun is just beginning really.
I think Dewey is a better player than Jenkins. I think he should gwt more looks next to Cisco.
Pages: 1 2