Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Doug Pederson on Pat Macafee show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I went to post this last night while Trick-or-Treating with the kids and accidentally clicked log out so I said [BLEEP] it, someone else will post it lol

This interview was great, Doug is a fantastic coach and seems like a cool guy to be around. So glad we got him.
Doug Pederson is goign to the HOF after we win him these next three Superb Owls. I love the guy and couldn't be happier for our team and city.
(11-01-2023, 08:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Doug Pederson is goign to the HOF after we win him these next three Superb Owls. I love the guy and couldn't be happier for our team and city.

Only 3?
(11-01-2023, 09:56 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2023, 08:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Doug Pederson is goign to the HOF after we win him these next three Superb Owls. I love the guy and couldn't be happier for our team and city.

Only 3?

If Doug wins 3 superbowls for Jacksonville I vote we rename the city Dougville.
(11-01-2023, 10:01 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2023, 09:56 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]Only 3?

If Doug wins 3 superbowls for Jacksonville I vote we rename the city Dougville.

That would be a win-win for some, but think of the huge cost of changing all the letterhead at City Hall.

Only 3?

Yes, the HoF cred will be there with 4 Lombardi's but we'll still have several opportunities for more after that!
(11-01-2023, 08:49 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]I went to post this last night while Trick-or-Treating with the kids and accidentally clicked log out so I said [BLEEP] it, someone else will post it lol

This interview was great, Doug is a fantastic coach and seems like a cool guy to be around. So glad we got him.

That said, you couldn't pay me to watch the clip.

I saw the report that news of the trade broke during the interview and all I could think was I felt sorry that Doug had to be in the same room as captain tank top. Hopefully he's not dumber for it.

Only 3?

After that they decide to stop playing the game since nobody else has a chance.
(11-01-2023, 12:34 PM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2023, 08:49 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]I went to post this last night while Trick-or-Treating with the kids and accidentally clicked log out so I said [BLEEP] it, someone else will post it lol

That said, you couldn't pay me to watch the clip.

I saw the report that news of the trade broke during the interview and all I could think was I felt sorry that Doug had to be in the same room as captain tank top. Hopefully he's not dumber for it.

(11-01-2023, 09:56 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]Only 3?

Come on man how can you hate Pat Mcafee? He's awesome.
(11-01-2023, 12:37 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2023, 12:34 PM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]That said, you couldn't pay me to watch the clip.

Mcafee is to sports infotainment what Guy Fieri is to the culinary world. 

Making a mongo hamburger out of 1.5 pounds of Kobe beef and using two giant quesadilla's as your bun is not for everyone. 

Mcafee has a little too much bro-man-dude-jazz-hands for my taste, but I enjoy him in small doses.
(11-01-2023, 12:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2023, 12:37 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Come on man how can you hate Pat Mcafee? He's awesome.

Making a mongo hamburger out of 1.5 pounds of Kobe beef and using two giant quesadilla's as your bun is not for everyone. 

Mcafee has a little too much bro-man-dude-jazz-hands for my taste, but I enjoy him in small doses.

I get it. But that sounds delicious.
Pederson started out as a journey man and 3rd stringer with the Marino Dolphins in the 90s.  Dude has paid his dues and has learned about the passing game from Shula and Marino.  Not to mention coming up under Any Ried as an offensive coach.

The guy came up through the NFL the hard way.  He was never a prodigy or a star QB.  He was just a guy, but a guy that clearly loved the game.  

I'd rather have a guy like Pederson than a guy like Belicheat.
(11-01-2023, 12:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2023, 12:37 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Come on man how can you hate Pat Mcafee? He's awesome.

Guy Fieri isn't that guy, bruh.

I think you are thinking of Salt Bae

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br_irFIcLzA
(11-01-2023, 02:51 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2023, 12:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Mcafee is to sports infotainment what Guy Fieri is to the culinary world. 

Guy Fieri isn't that guy, bruh.

I think you are thinking of Salt Bae 

No - I wasn't
(11-01-2023, 12:37 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2023, 12:34 PM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]That said, you couldn't pay me to watch the clip.

If you read the title, you'd realize we are talking about Pat Macafee.

Big Grin
[quote pid="1579201" dateline="1698856636"]

[/quote]

Well, if you watch the video we all can project that Fortner will be the center, Scherrff the RG and Cam the LT.  That leaves RT and LG as the remaining positions to predict their plans.  My guess is Harrison stays at RT.  At LG I would expect some kind of rotation between Shatley and Ezra as our newest o-lineman learns the playbook and integrates into the system.  Little will jump in at either tackle if required as he recovers from his knee boo-boo.
(11-01-2023, 05:00 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ][quote pid="1579201" dateline="1698856636"]

Quote:Well, if you watch the video we all can project that Fortner will be the center, Scherrff the RG and Cam the LT.  That leaves RT and LG as the remaining positions to predict their plans.  My guess is Harrison stays at RT.  At LG I would expect some kind of rotation between Shatley and Ezra as our newest o-lineman learns the playbook and integrates into the system.  Little will jump in at either tackle if required as he recovers from his knee boo-boo.

[/quote]

I'd get Shatley out of there ASAP - he looked bad last week and he'll face tougher talent on the 12th
 - Play Little at LG vs SF if Ezra isn't ready. 

It ought to be Ezra at LG  as soon as he's ready. He's worked with Rauscher before - so that should help him learn a new book of blocking assignments quickly.
(11-01-2023, 05:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2023, 05:00 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Well, if you watch the video we all can project that Fortner will be the center, Scherrff the RG and Cam the LT.  That leaves RT and LG as the remaining positions to predict their plans.  My guess is Harrison stays at RT.  At LG I would expect some kind of rotation between Shatley and Ezra as our newest o-lineman learns the playbook and integrates into the system.  Little will jump in at either tackle if required as he recovers from his knee boo-boo.

I'd get Shatley out of there ASAP - he looked bad last week and he'll face tougher talent on the 12th
 - Play Little at LG vs SF if Ezra isn't ready. 

It ought to be Ezra at LG  as soon as he's ready. He's worked with Rauscher before - so that should help him learn a new book of blocking assignments quickly.

If he can it sure would be nice.  He does fortunately have the bye week. ESPN already has Ezra on the depth chart as the #1.
(11-01-2023, 04:49 PM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]

If you read the title, you'd realize we are talking about Pat Macafee.

Big Grin

Ah yes. I’m not familiar with Macafee’s work
I enjoyed watching Doug on the show. I personally like Pat's high energy most of the time. I can't really say the same about Steven A, Skip or Shannon. I can only take them in very small doses. They tend to just get irritating to me.

The only knock I really have on Pat is how homer he is with the Clots. Often feel like he doesn't talk about the Jags near enough due to that, but I can't really blame him. I'd have a hard time talking up any of our AFC south competition.

Best part about Dougs interview was watching Pat squirm at the thought of the Jags being relevant for the future.
Pages: 1 2