Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: McManus wins ST player of the month.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He was a great get in the offseason.  Congrats

https://x.com/Jaguars/status/1720111595039211982?s=20
What a beast. Great get.
Unlike a lot of other kickers, he doesn't seem to require a run-up. He just steps forward and swings the leg. Boom!
"Can't believe they let Patterson go!"
Our kick line is the 38. That's all u need to hear. I love this pick up.
(11-02-2023, 01:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]"Can't believe they let Patterson go!"

Were you absolutely sure McManus was going to work out when we got rid of Patterson, who wasn’t doing awful?

You and your petty call outs.
(11-02-2023, 02:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2023, 01:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]"Can't believe they let Patterson go!"

Were you absolutely sure McManus was going to work out when we got rid of Patterson, who wasn’t doing awful?

I was. Of course I was fine with Matt Wright when they moved to Patterson because I thought they were the same guy. McManus is a different sort of beast and it was a pretty brainless acquisition IMO.
(11-02-2023, 02:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]

Uhhh yea.

There was zero evidence that Patterson was better than McManus.

It's not a call out when people whined about Patterson being let go for a better player.... Sorry if it hurt your feewings.

People get called out all the time but if I do it, it's petty? Come on now.
(11-02-2023, 03:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2023, 02:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Were you absolutely sure McManus was going to work out when we got rid of Patterson, who wasn’t doing awful?

Uhhh yea.

It's not a call out when people whined about Patterson being let go for a better player.... Sorry if it hurt your feewings.

Hurt feelings? Hardly. It's you, more than any other poster, who likes to drag up old quotes or paraphrase people's natural skepticism about decisions made by an historically bad team. People make bad calls on here all the time, but you gloat over them as if it somehow it makes you look smarter. 

Regardless, even though it's a pet peeve of mine, I should have kept it to myself, and now I look petty. My apologies.
Well deserved

What about Mathew wright?
(11-02-2023, 01:10 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Unlike a lot of other kickers, he doesn't seem to require a run-up.  He just steps forward and swings the leg.  Boom!

@Probably an old habit from playing in the vapor of Mile High@
(11-02-2023, 03:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2023, 03:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Uhhh yea.

Hurt feelings? Hardly. It's you, more than any other poster, who likes to drag up old quotes or paraphrase people's natural skepticism about decisions made by an historically bad team. People make bad calls on here all the time, but you gloat over them as if it somehow it makes you look smarter. 

Regardless, even though it's a pet peeve of mine, I should have kept it to myself, and now I look petty. My apologies.
I highly doubt this but if that's how you feel, go for it.

I've certainly missed my fair share of predictions and have also been called out for it. Not sure why you felt the need to harp on this specific one but it's all good. No apology needed.
When your dip [BLEEP] actually makes his kicks.
His 2 kicks in Pittsburgh where it historically is a tough place were sweet. Imagine that our brain trust knew what they were doing...
He may have been the best signing this offseason!
(11-02-2023, 03:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2023, 03:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Uhhh yea.

Gets old quick doesn’t it  Banana
Patterson been doing a good job fir lions