Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: More Fighting within the GOP Party - Tuberville's blockade on~400 Military Promotions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can't make this [BLEEP] up -- 9 months and counting !!

Republican senators angrily challenged Sen. Tommy Tuberville on his blockade of almost 400 military officers Wednesday evening, taking over the Senate floor for more than four hours to call for individual confirmation votes after a monthslong stalemate

https://apnews.com/article/tuberville-ho...8785ea80f9
Are you aware of the policy he is protesting?
All they have to do is vote on each promotion one by one. You know. Sit in the chambers. Do their job. If you don't like what Tuberville is doing, you have the votes to stop him, you just need to take the time.
(11-02-2023, 03:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]All they have to do is vote on each promotion one by one.  You know.  Sit in the chambers.  Do their job.  If you don't like what Tuberville is doing, you have the votes to stop him, you just need to take the time.

I heard an interview with Tuberville and he stated the very same thing. His complaint is not only with Biden's abortion directive, but with how lazy and detached from the administration of government our representatives (both Houses) have become. He's even challenged them outright to do this, yet instead of engaging the problem, most run to a microphone and whine about it. For example, he called out claims by both Schumer and McConnell about engaging him on his holdout. Yet, he states he's talked to each of them for no more than 10 minutes about arriving at a compromise. They would rather preen and posture in front of a camera.
(11-02-2023, 04:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2023, 03:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]All they have to do is vote on each promotion one by one.  You know.  Sit in the chambers.  Do their job.  If you don't like what Tuberville is doing, you have the votes to stop him, you just need to take the time.

I heard an interview with Tuberville and he stated the very same thing. His complaint is not only with Biden's abortion directive, but with how lazy and detached from the administration of government our representatives (both Houses) have become. He's even challenged them outright to do this, yet instead of engaging the problem, most run to a microphone and whine about it. For example, he called out claims by both Schumer and McConnell about engaging him on his holdout. Yet, he states he's talked to each of them for no more than 10 minutes about arriving at a compromise. They would rather preen and posture in front of a camera.

This type of behavior coupled with the inaction it begets has no doubt become a major stumbling block to any type of productivity from the legislative branch.

I hope voters consider it heavily when the time comes.
(11-02-2023, 04:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2023, 04:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I heard an interview with Tuberville and he stated the very same thing. His complaint is not only with Biden's abortion directive, but with how lazy and detached from the administration of government our representatives (both Houses) have become. He's even challenged them outright to do this, yet instead of engaging the problem, most run to a microphone and whine about it. For example, he called out claims by both Schumer and McConnell about engaging him on his holdout. Yet, he states he's talked to each of them for no more than 10 minutes about arriving at a compromise. They would rather preen and posture in front of a camera.

This type of behavior coupled with the inaction it begets has no doubt become a major stumbling block to any type of productivity from the legislative branch.

Being as they all seem to do it who do you vote for? The new guy/girl coming in instead of recycling the retread? Hope the new ones don't follow the same path? 

I try not to think about these people too often because I just get angry as hell. They have stopped working for us and they're useless as hell. I used to say if you don't vote you have no right to complain but these days it doesn't matter.
(11-04-2023, 04:07 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2023, 04:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]This type of behavior coupled with the inaction it begets has no doubt become a major stumbling block to any type of productivity from the legislative branch.

Being as they all seem to do it who do you vote for? The new guy/girl coming in instead of recycling the retread? Hope the new ones don't follow the same path? 

I try not to think about these people too often because I just get angry as hell. They have stopped working for us and they're useless as hell. I used to say if you don't vote you have no right to complain but these days it doesn't matter.

The problem is voters like us.  We turn out for shameless self-promoters.  We don't turn out for guys that are just plain old smart and wise.  The primary elections and the party leadership used to be filters that wouldn't promote someone who was incapable, but those filters are much weaker now because you can just troll email lists for small dollar donations and get the donations and win.